Sign in to follow this  
OWA

Where's Reborn Gone?

1 hour ago, Rabbit said:

See, I sort of see this as a capitalism vs communism situation.

Wallywood, while not always present, was still a team leader throughout a significant period of construction of this series. He spilt his blood, sweat, and a little bit of pee pee at times trying to build the game up to the magnanimous creation that it is (or was) today.

No disrespect, but you have no Idea/Inkling how much work the Original Reborn team put into this work. Wallywood stands on the shoulders of all the creators before him. So his blood sweat and urine shouldn’t be seen as greater than all of the fluids/effort contributed before him, that would be intellectually dishonest. The captain is not of greater value than the entirety of the crew. 

As for Capitalism look to EA in how it separates assets per employee, and how anyone working for EA signs over work. Capitalism works in Contracts and Informed consent... I don’t think anyone working on TSR2.0 had informed consent to wallywood assuming ownership. 

Communism simply assumes control by force, no paperwork necessary.

1 hour ago, Mojoman said:

P.S.- Come play mafia.

Nice plug. Also +1 to this.

17 minutes ago, forg0ten1 said:

this is the worst cnc news since the announcement of cnc4. what the fuck

And... horrifying EA flashback thanks forg0ten1 (scrin ruining the mythology)

Some day TSR 2.0 will come. Since 2003 Reborn is on slow motion when it comes to major releases.

Without knowing any of the real background here, putting the project on hold legitimizes his "withdrawal", and however respectful it may seem, it sets an unfortunate precedent in circumstances where we all contributed to a project (or projects) with no legal agreements on a voluntary basis.

I believe that as long as there is attribution that the assets should remain for the project to use. We all contributed to W3DH/BHP projects in good faith so I don't really understand why anyone's actions alone should place such a collective project dormant.

It's not to say that Wally doesn't "own" what he's made, just that the project has creative license over his contributions, if that makes any sense.

So I'm a strong advocate for putting the project back on the hub and disagree with taking the dispute public.

14 minutes ago, Aprime said:

Without knowing any of the real background here, putting the project on hold legitimizes his "withdrawal", and however respectful it may seem, it sets an unfortunate precedent in circumstances where we all contributed to a project (or projects) with no legal agreements on a voluntary basis.

I believe that as long as there is attribution that the assets should remain for the project to use. We all contributed to W3DH/BHP projects in good faith so I don't really understand why anyone's actions alone should place such a collective project dormant.

It's not to say that Wally doesn't "own" what he's made, just that the project has creative license over his contributions, if that makes any sense.

So I'm a strong advocate for putting the project back on the hub and disagree with taking the dispute public.

While the folks above my 'payroll' sort out the legal details, the safest course of action was to comply with the request and suspend all support and development indefinitely. 

As for making it public, unfortunately this was not our choice. Our counterpart decided to go public and people were asking questions, so we had to come forward with a statement of our own, as keeping our community in the dark with unanswered questions would not be fair of us to do.

1 hour ago, Aprime said:

Strong agree. This whole motion is counter-intuitive to the entire spirit of modding.

2 hours ago, Raap said:

While the folks above my 'payroll' sort out the legal details, the safest course of action was to comply with the request and suspend all support and development indefinitely.

I'm not sure how one would serve an organization that has [to the best of my knowledge] no legal footing.

I was a voluntary contributor here and recognize that I have no control over the use or distribution of my assets as I've surrendered their use in my participation. I'm not sure why it's felt that Wally is any different or why it's okay to disrupt distribution and use due to the kerfuffle, whoever's caused it. I strongly feel removal is merely legitimizing his claim regardless of whether that's a temporary motion or not. Unless we're talking about a respectful request for withdrawal with a substitution strategy in place, it's not fair to either players or contributors.

He could fork the project all he wants using his own assets and/or those that people feel could be redistributed on his I suppose, but anyway, I'm talking without full knowledge here. There's just overall better ways of working this out but my main issue stems from the fact that his claim to creative contributions was legitimized yesterday.

As for making it public, unfortunately this was not our choice. Our counterpart decided to go public and people were asking questions, so we had to come forward with a statement of our own, as keeping our community in the dark with unanswered questions would not be fair of us to do.

I was made aware of that. I command the effort at being civil and transparent but I think the only statement that had to be made was that Wallywood was no longer part of the team due to disputes. It's not necessary to go public/give the whys as now it involves [even] more members of the community, whether you like it or not. Feeding disruptions is counterproductive.

Edited by Aprime

Almost 20 years of work and wait wasted (if you count the old 2003 beta) Over self interest over community wow, all respect lost. Pull the assets out, and get the mod progress working again, he can keep his assets if personal glory means that much over the greater community And as other's have said, Get your shit together and get this to the community, now's not a time for self interest over unity.

To quote a movie

"I don't know which species is worse. You Don't see them fucking each other over a god damn percentage"

Edited by Bayonetta

I agree, just take out whatever he alegedly created and bring the mod back. Let him squirm in his own tears and poo with the stuff he supposedly worked at.

On 5/26/2020 at 7:20 PM, OWA said:

Until we receive a manifest of all of the assets that we cannot use (and consequently remove them), TSR will be placed on indefinite hold and has also been removed from the launcher until we can sort out the assets in question.
[blurb]Tiberian Sun: Reborn has been removed for the launcher, let's find out why.[/blurb][thumb]thumb_tsr.7.png[/thumb]

1 hour ago, WNxHeadShot said:

I agree, just take out whatever he alegedly created and bring the mod back. Let him squirm in his own tears and poo with the stuff he supposedly worked at.

1 hour ago, Killing_You said:

While we’re waiting on that, he’ll fade into obscurity as we continue diligently on our other projects unrestricted.

Can anybody explain to me how someone who wasn't a 3d modeler or a programmer can have legal ownership of jackshit?

Edited by jorgekorke

6 hours ago, jorgekorke said:

Can anybody explain to me how someone who wasn't a 3d modeler or a programmer can have legal ownership of jackshit?

I know right!!! 
its almost sounds like your leaving a car unlocked with doors open in an open parking lot in a bad part of town and expecting it not to get taken or used for any means 

*and then not knowing why it was used or taken in the first place even thought you knew you did so accordingly*  

Edited by thedisclaimitory
added more just to clarify

Locking this topic now.