can anyone help me for localization with Tiberian Technologies advanced string editor

Such

Hi, sry for my english skill becuase i am korean and i am going to play renegade after a long time. i have a copy of C&C renegade for korean official localized edtion(not a localization patch by users). but there are many mistranslations in this game. so i want edit these mistranslation furthermore i want to translate the any renegade's mods.

with xcc mixer, i exported strings.tdb from always.dbs and  i opened strings with tiberian technologies advanced string editor. there are no ploblem with display korean alphabet(Hangul) text in editor so i edited mistranslated korean text. after edited i have ploblem with display edited korean strings in editor. it just become broken text which mixed special character. 

so i exported the table and i edited it with notepad++. after edit, i opened strings.tdb with string editor and i clicked import table. and just crash without error message.

i thought import table with opening strings.tdb is ploblem, so i import table without open any tdb file. but result is same.

how can i fix the crash error? i want translate game. is there any other string editor than this? please help me.

13 hours ago, Such said:

Hi, sry for my english skill becuase i am korean and i am going to play renegade after a long time. i have a copy of C&C renegade for korean official localized edtion(not a localization patch by users). but there are many mistranslations in this game. so i want edit these mistranslation furthermore i want to translate the any renegade's mods.

with xcc mixer, i exported strings.tdb from always.dbs and  i opened strings with tiberian technologies advanced string editor. there are no ploblem with display korean alphabet(Hangul) text in editor so i edited mistranslated korean text. after edited i have ploblem with display edited korean strings in editor. it just become broken text which mixed special character. 

so i exported the table and i edited it with notepad++. after edit, i opened strings.tdb with string editor and i clicked import table. and just crash without error message.

i thought import table with opening strings.tdb is ploblem, so i import table without open any tdb file. but result is same.

how can i fix the crash error? i want translate game. is there any other string editor than this? please help me.

Good Evening Such. Happy to have you here at W3DHub, welcome.

My name is Threve and I work quite often messing about with the strings. I am not too familiar with the Korean Alphabet so forgive me if i'm wrong.

However, C&C Renegade has a set list of characters/letters that it accepts. If you go outside of this Character/letter list 

Spoiler

For example in the English version, Renegade will only read the letters/characters below. Anything else will just be random letters. 

! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + Q W E R T Y U I O P { } A S D F G H J K L : " Z X C V B N M < > ? / . , ' ; ] [ \ | / * - + .

then anything else will just be random letters. We have been able to modify A Path Beyond to have some special characters replaced that are never used (such as ®) and turn it into a mammoth tank character for our game. I think you might be able to do this with your game where you can change the characters that are missing and put the correct ones in (this would then fix the random text issues you're having) but I have no idea how and @Pushwall would be the best to tell you or steer you in the right direction. 

It could also be a weird error with the Korean Version of Renegade. I've never heard or worked with an official copy.

Another thing could be that you're not using the string editor correct in which case I can help you. However, have you ever used it before successfully? Could you provide pictures of what you're doing so we can better see?

When you crash, there may be some crash dumps generated. If you can share those, we can take a look at determine which errors are causing your Renegade to crash.

@jonwil may be interested in a Korean version of Renegade.

i solve the problem myself. in the stings.tdb, "installer" category make the crash when import table. installer category only involve strings which use in renegade installation. so i delete install category from table and table importing and displaying in game with edited strings went smoothly. i don't know what is ploblem with the category but it is not ploblem with korean alphabet.

thanks you guys all.

Edited by Such