[GAME OVER] Simple Mafia 2020

Jeod

Yeah, this game didn't go very well. I didn't help with that. At the end I would have liked to have had a big fight over who was really the cop, but Alp and NodFan already voted. The only option I had to make any discussion was to promote the idea that Mojoman was town, which obviously doesn't help my own cause. Made it really hard to say anything even when I had time.

For future reference, if someone claims a guilty cop report on a player, and that player counterclaims the first player.

Odds are the fist players claim is right, since you know Mafia is going to counterclaim a real Cop if they correctly target Mafia, and what did the player they just accuse of being Mafia just do?

The odds of a Mafia memeber making a fake claim on the real cop are much lower by comparison.

We had an advantage in that we anticipated needing to counterclaim and were trying to set the stage for one. GeneralCamo appearing to disbelieve the cop before he even knew he was targeted by Mojoman increased the plausibility of GeneralCamo's claim. Mojoman also didn't put his reasons for investigating GeneralCamo right away, so I felt we could paint it as if he was reacting to GeneralCamo's Day 2 posts rather than actually having done an investigation. Any Mafia that might be getting lynched D1 would also claim cop to avoid being lynched, so why couldn't Mojoman be Mafia?

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

We had an advantage in that we anticipated needing to counterclaim and were trying to set the stage for one. GeneralCamo appearing to disbelieve the cop before he even knew he was targeted by Mojoman increased the plausibility of GeneralCamo's claim. Mojoman also didn't put his reasons for investigating GeneralCamo right away, so I felt we could paint it as if he was reacting to GeneralCamo's Day 2 posts rather than actually having done an investigation. Any Mafia that might be getting lynched D1 would also claim cop to avoid being lynched, so why couldn't Mojoman be Mafia?

Well, you know that GeneralCamo or Mojoman was scum since they were both claiming the same role in game?

But, Mojoman was also claiming that the GeneralCamo was mafia from before his counterclaim.

That puts the odds in favor of GeneralCamo of being the Mafia member.

Just now, Mojoman said:

Cat 5 could probably have won even if General was lynched. I honestly didn't suspect him at all. 

He's generally more helpful when he's actually Town though. :p

If you look at his comments this game, you're notice that he's not really starting any arguments himself or stating anything other than a vague opinion.

He's mostly piggybacking off of other players posts and opinions instead of stating his own.

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

GAME OVER

Mojoman got lynched, he was the Cop. NodFan and Alp have seemingly abandoned all logic and reason, and thus the game. Mafia win by numbers.

Scumdoc

Deaddoc

Uhh...gg?

Well this was fun and we were  decieved. I suspected mojo from the first day , thats why i thought he was a mafia oh well sometimes shit happens. You learn from your mistakes. I was never good at town of salem (that stupid friendship breaking game) anyway .

46 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

For future reference, if someone claims a guilty cop report on a player, and that player counterclaims the first player.

Odds are the fist players claim is right, since you know Mafia is going to counterclaim a real Cop if they correctly target Mafia, and what did the player they just accuse of being Mafia just do?

The odds of a Mafia memeber making a fake claim on the real cop are much lower by comparison.

Is this from experience? I dont see a way counterclaiming a role the first one is right.   from what i see in order to save himself Mojoman claimed cop which i thought it was suspicious from start.  Also Generalcamo was on point there , me being Villager ( which i revaled too much on D1 ) I may be at fault here , but i dont believe mojo put a good case . that is just me though .

Just now, alphoca said:

Is this from experience? I dont see a way counterclaiming a role the first one is right.   from what i see in order to save himself Mojoman claimed cop which i thought it was suspicious from start.  Also Generalcamo was on point there , me being Villager ( which i revaled too much on D1 ) I may be at fault here , but i dont believe mojo put a good case . that is just me though .

Well, I will state that Mojoman is in the habit of making himself look suspicious in general, so that certainly doesn't help things to start with. Most of it would come down to experience with playing the game, and playing with Mojoman.

But the odds of Mojoman being a Fake Cop and just happening to select the Real Cop for his his Fake Cop Claim are fairly low.

On the other hand, if Mojoman was the Real Cop, and he got an accurate report on a Mafia member, then Mafia would be forced to counterclaim his Real Report, and instead of their teammate possibly outing themselves by making a Fake Cop claim, it would make more sense for the player the Real Cop is stating is Mafia to make the Counter Claim.

Basically, there's a 33% chance of the first one happening in how this game turned out, 1 Cop out of 3 Town Players. While in the second scenario, it'll nearly always happen if the Cop gets a guilty result on Mafia.

19 minutes ago, alphoca said:

The timings are way off.. i will not care timings from now on since we live in different timezones...

Timings are usually always the same—give or take an hour. In this case it was the same weekend as the remasters so we got distracted.

On 6/15/2020 at 8:47 PM, alphoca said:

Also if we hanged Generalcamo , my next target would be Nodfan because Category would probably kill Mojo then tomorrow  i would vote to kill Nodfan.

that makes two of us fam

##vote Alp

too late anyway