Base Renegade Game Crashes on startup

Aceolu

My game crashes the moment I try to boot it up for Multiplayer. Whether I click Join game on a server, or just click Play Now on the W3D Launcher (Singleplayer seems to work fine though.)

When I click either Join game or play now, it boots the game up, briefly flashes the main menu, before opening a "Testing Bandwith" window. If I leave it alone, it breifly flashes "Joining game" but then just crashes. If I click skip, it briefly goes to the main menu, and then crashes. I closest thing to a modification I have is Bibber's fixed Ultimate Collection launchers, and the .exe is running in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP SP3. There are no other modifications.

can't send a crash log, because the folder they're supposed to be in doesn't seem to exist?? If I go to Documents>W3D Hub there's only a Launcher Folder, with an errors.log that I know doesn't relate to my situation, but I'll send it here anyway. The Launcher says the files needed will be made next time I launch the game (Because whenever I try clicking User Data Folder, it tells me the filepath doesn't exist) , but I literally can't launch the game in multiplayer to make said filepath, and Singleplayer doesn't make the files. So I'm kind of at a lose of what to do.

I really don't think it's my Computer specs, if it's required to know:

I'm on Windows 10 with a 2TB HDD, and a 240 GB SSD (The launcher's installed on the SSD, the game's installed on the HDD with Origin)

I have a Radeon RX 580 GPU, with a Ryzen 7 1700x CPU, with 4 Sticks of 4GB DDR4 3000MHz Memory for RAM.

The weirdest part to me is that while Base Renegade doesn't work, Red Alert: APB Seems to work perfectly fine

errors.log

Hello @Aceolu, and welcome to W3D Hub!

Sorry to hear that you're having issues, but maybe we can help.

For simplicity's sake, lets undo your Bibber's fixes, or at the very least, disable compatibility mode. It should not be necessary.

Your PC's specs are fine, no issues there ^.^

What specific server are you trying to join? Or does this happen with all Renegade servers?

Just to clarify, you don't have a "Renegade" folder in your "Documents" folder, correct?

Also, check in your Renegade install folder for a "ttversion.txt" file and let us verify that you have the latest and greatest. I'm pretty sure the launcher does this automatically, but it never hurts to check.

Get back to us with this info, and hopefully I or someone else can help you!

Thanks! :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2020 at 8:51 PM, Aceolu said:

Thank you!

Turns out I just didn't have Script 4.6 installed when I thought I did! Installing that fixed the problem

Sorry for the trouble! Have good night

Excellent!

No trouble at all, glad you got it working!