An Update on Reborn

OWA

Hi everyone,

We just wanted to take this opportunity to give a quick update on Reborn as it stands.

Reborn Shelved for Now

You may have noticed that we've put the news forums and the Discord channel for the game back up. When the whole situation happened a few weeks back, we made the hasty decision of taking these bits and pieces down. This was the wrong move to make on our part, as it raised questions from fans as to whether Reborn had been cancelled.

Reborn hasn't been cancelled, but under the current circumstances the game has been delayed indefinitely. The dedicated team that was working on the project currently has no motivation or desire to push it any further whilst the situation persists and has pretty much disbanded for now.

Also, in light of the situation we will not be putting the current public version of Reborn back on the launcher for now. This may change if the situation changes though.

That being said though, there is a silver lining to all this. We've started redistributing our people and resources to our other projects such as Battle For Dune: War of Assassins and Red Alert 2: Apocalypse Rising, with the aim to use the developments to the engine that we made during Reborn's development and apply them to these projects instead.

Ultimately what this means is that you guys will get BFD and AR quicker than you were going to get them before (when we were working on Reborn) and a lot of the engine developments going into those games will probably get passed back to Reborn in the future; but unfortunately it'll be a while before you guys get your hands on Reborn 2.0.

Tiberian Genesis Awakens

On the upside, there are a couple of projects that are still carrying the Tiberian Sun shooter torch in the meantime. Our long-time friend @Sentry has recently relaunched Tiberian Sun Genesis, which is a total conversion mod for ARMA3 with a mix of RTS and FPS game mechanics.

More info will be coming soon, but In the meantime, here are a couple of screenshots:

Image may contain: tableImage may contain: outdoor

Support Sentry over on the Tiberian Genesis Discord server here: https://discord.gg/76RgTt

The Firestorm Begins

If you're looking for your Tiberian Sun FPS fix sooner than that though, you won't have to wait too long, since our friends over at Renegade X has just announced their Tiberian Sun-themed expansion, "Renegade X: Firestorm"! This is actually a bit of a blessing in disguise, because we were aiming to get Reborn out in the autumn; so you guys will still get a free Tiberian Sun-based FPS to play this year. :) 

Here's a link to the trailer, keep posted this autumn for more details!

Support the Renegade X team over on their Discord server here: https://discord.com/invite/renegadex

Thanks for ReadingThanks for reading and understanding everyone. If you have any questions feel free to ask, but please keep the discussion civil.

We're all looking forward to the APB event tomorrow, so if you haven't signed up for that, make sure you do!

Cheers!

[blurb]Just a quick update on Reborn and what we're doing moving forward.[/blurb]

I vote for Renegade X Firestorm and Apocalypse Rising. These projects are suprisingly well made, and I hope for them to be released. I tried to talk with KatzSmile (the developer and tester of Renegade X, he was also A Path Beyond developer too when BP team was alive), but he said that everything in videos about Renegade X Firestorm is still a secret, and some gameplay mechanics are still not finished. If that is secret for us, then I presume they really put a lot of hard work in it, which also sounds like AAA-quality project, so the best wishes to Renegade X Firestorm. But if to talk about Apocalypse Rising... I was and I am still waiting for release, I know that you are missing good map designers, but I cannot help. I know few people which could do maps, however, they are pretty busy these days, so no.

I'm sorry to read this :( Working with the Reborn team over the years was a privilege that I didn't take anywhere near as seriously as I wish I had of done (hindsight and all that). I hope the project finds its feet again. :gdi: :nod:

3 hours ago, NodGuy said:

I was really looking forward to Reborn having the same quality as APB

We were hoping for a better quality. And it's still a possibility. Things took place that are outside of our control.

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2020 at 2:35 AM, MagnusFarseeR said:

Why can't they put Reborn on the launcher? I really liked that game, even though no one played it, I liked going in it some times to look at the vehicles. They should release a single player version of all their games with bots. 

The old version you played was no longer going to be supported. We were working on a new version until we were forced to cease development. 

I do not know what the future has in store for TSR. If development is ever resumed, it'll have to be with a new dev team.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 8:08 AM, Raap said:

The old version you played was no longer going to be supported. We were working on a new version until we were forced to cease development. 

I do not know what the future has in store for TSR. If development is ever resumed, it'll have to be with a new dev team.

Is there any way to download it? I can't find it anymore. That game had a really nice immersive setting, I really liked it. Really bad that it is gone.