Kaiju CYOR Mafia [GAME OVER]

Shade939

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

KY passed the Scatter item/ability/thing on to iLTS n1. Cat5's had it since n2. That's the way it works when it comes to my Option B, anyway.

Right, but how was it used then? KY presumably couldn't have used it if he passed it, and it could have only stopped sunflower if passing an item had higher priority than a roleblock.

Plus, Cat5 said he learns info from his visitors. He learned more about Scatter last night, which means it might not be a scum thing. Scum visited Orange for the kill. If iLTS is scum, then he has an additional action to visit Cat5.

At this point I feel that seeing Cat5's flip is the best path forward. Eliminating that possibility will help us piece together the other avenues. Simply put, Cat5 is a distraction.

4 minutes ago, Louis said:

So in the end we're lynching Cat5? I just feel like someone is playing us

In hindsight I should’ve let retaliation have the gummies so you could web iLTS more freely.

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

Plus, Cat5 said he learns info from his visitors. He learned more about Scatter last night, which means it might not be a scum thing. Scum visited Orange for the kill. If iLTS is scum, then he has an additional action to visit Cat5.

Although I failed in my action, do you suppose Cat5 may have learned anything about me then? I have not yet revealed ability info or such so would quizzing him amount to anything? I understand he claims he knows the name Scatter from something or someone, so he should have gotten one of two names from me then?

3 hours ago, Shade939 said:

And to be even more specific, Louis did not get an item from using her action, causing the action to fail to do anything.

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

So Cat5 has no items and spent the night doing a masonry. I'd say that probably clears him.

3 hours ago, Retaliation said:

How?!

3 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Earth to Jeod, scum can use an action and perform an NK in this game.

To be frank, I am in the camp of "Cat5 has no items and he masoned me so he should be clear". This runs with the notion that Scatter itself is an ability rather than an item, and if he Masoned me then he couldn't have used Scatter in tandem.

With Louis' result, I currently feel more comfortable about Cat5 being town although the possibility does remain open that he could have performed the NK as well. My current proposal however is that he cannot have opened the mason with me and scattered in the same night. Someone else must be responsible for the scatter and did it again to Cat5 to keep our suspicions on him.

I mean, that's a given about a case about anyone. You don't assume anything to be true unless you can prove it.

I agree that I should be the lynch target today, though, so I'm not going to put effort in trying to convince people otherwise.

I want to make a post of my final conclusions for you guys to reference after the lynch, but my time frame I have to make this is small, so this may be somewhat short.

I spent a while looking, but I didn't really come up with a lot I haven't said already, and it's already past time for me to go to sleep.

iLTS is my primary suspect. I struggled with this one for a while, but the more I stew on it, the more plausible it seems. When iLTS claims he was attacked, we recieved an ominous daypost which suggested something major had happened, yet the only change in the situation is that he can vote twice a couple times? And both times he has voted he threw his extra vote away early? The one thing that stood out to me as I did a reread of the early game is that iLTS was more or less absent during D1. At the time I kinda forgot he was even in the game. Why would a largely inactive player be the NK target? It seems more plausible that Jeod was actually the first NK target, but we've never known about it. I know iLTS keeps harping on about how he wouldn't sell his teammate out, but the best mafia make themselves look town by always acting as they would if they were actually town. I also didn't like how he was against being checked for items. Sure, the point about wasting the pass of the gummies is valid, but it's also convenient. His arguments today have gotten pretty empty, and he pretty much refuses to accept anything that doesn't fit his desired narrative.

Retaliation I'm becoming less suspicious of. If I had to pick one at the start of the day, I would have said him, but I've particularly liked the direction of his arguments today. Sure, his arguments are pointed at me, but I can't really blame him for that. He is doing his due diligence in looking for alternative answers. I still consider it possible that he could be doing the same kind of gambit that I'm claiming iLTS has done, but right now I'm hearing town perspective in his arguments. Also, if he's scum and he has scatter, what use does he have for picking up Sunflower's ability? (I suppose that last bit could be a lie, however.)

Louis and Jeod are technically on my lists as possible scum, yet they are both way way down there. The case for Louis would stem mostly from the Sunflower counterclaim, but most of that case gets blown away by Jeod almost completely clearing her through his gummies. If Louis is scum, Jeod isn't, and has no reason to lie about those results. Jeod being scum doesn't make much sense to me, because we know that he's a sort of rolecop and KY already was a rolecop himself. I suppose the one hole there is that we have no verification on his night actions as far as I remember.

On 7/23/2020 at 11:56 PM, iLikeToSnipe said:

Still trying to piece things together, but I am feeling suspicious of KY. I don't know, just feel like if someone claimed I visited the supposed NK target when I didn't I'd be starting to scum hunt them, not just deflect.

On 7/24/2020 at 12:00 AM, Retaliation said:

So you don't have abilities that could have caused this?

On 7/24/2020 at 12:02 AM, iLikeToSnipe said:

Absolutely not. I only have my bullet proof passive and now a one time use ability for being attacked.

On 7/24/2020 at 11:24 AM, iLikeToSnipe said:

If I had a kill action I'd be pressuring KY for more activity/defense, so I approve of this. Just make sure he knows about it :v 

On D1 after I announced I was the NK target and FRAYDO showed up with his track of KY these were my posts about KY being the killer. Does this look like a 4D chess galaxy brain scum play that I usually go for? @Category 5 Hurricane@JeodAre you going to look at me with a straight face and tell me that's my meta as scum? If you do, you're scum; or I hope the amnesia you're suffering is temporary.

You also won't find any hint of coordination between KY and myself in our posts. Because there was none. If I come across at little peeved, it's because I kind of am. I'm pretty sure one of you is town; yet you completely fell for this line of thinking. Hats off to who I think is scum, Cat5, I don't think I ever could have fooled town on something as simple as this if I were scum.

On 7/24/2020 at 11:29 AM, iLikeToSnipe said:

My role is bullet proof, but none of my votes would count until I'm provoked/awoken. Then when I am awoken I get a one-time extra vote. I was actually hoping to lay low so that if things got bad for town I could bait mafia and then come in with an extra vote. But that won't be happening.

If you wanted to make a case on iLTS, I would have started here btw.

13 minutes ago, Jeod said:

But it isn’t one-time.

Yeah, I told you I had the ability so town would know what it does. Town doesn't need to strategize around how many times I can use it and I don't want scum knowing exactly how many times I can just in case that helps them plan.

Just now, Retaliation said:

Yep!

I figured he was lying about it being one-time when he used it the first time so I wasn't surprised. No one else seemed to notice when he used it again though.

Are you talking about iLTS day ability? I thought it was strange he put some extra votes on Cat5 when we started talking about the possibility of iLTS being scum

9 minutes ago, Louis said:

Are you talking about iLTS day ability? I thought it was strange he put some extra votes on Cat5 when we started talking about the possibility of iLTS being scum

Him double voting cat5 is a neutral read. It's something you'd expect him to do no matter his alignment.

I for one doubt @iLikeToSnipe will be any more cooperative if Category 5 flips town. His perspective is if it isn't Cat5, it's me, so he'll spend the following day building that case rather than piece together what's happened and why we ended up so lost. On the other hand, if Cat5 flips scum, we win.

I'm for the 50/50.

That wrath really is a powerful ability, considering you had this second use available to you. I'm concerned you held onto this information and waited for the next opportunity to play this card.

##vote iLikeToSnipe

2 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

That wrath really is a powerful ability, considering you had this second use available to you. I'm concerned you held onto this information and waited for the next opportunity to play this card.

##vote iLikeToSnipe

We'll have 5 votes total on the table tomorrow assuming there's a kill. It's still not enough for him to use Wrath to his advantage, but the longer we wait the more risky it is.