Kaiju CYOR Mafia [GAME OVER]

Shade939

8 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Louis did kind of supercharge his role lol. I'm pretty sure Sunflower could have dealt with it as well.

I think I'd rather have a role like Orange's rather than that Frankenstein one.

Maybe. My throw action could destroy items, but it sounded like it wasn't 100%

Monkey See, Monkey Take meant I took items from players I visited btw. If they didn't have an item, I'd pick up some rubble instead. And I could throw the rubble at people! That was how I knew I didn't visit anyone.

Just now, FRAYDO said:

I want mafia doc. I want to see how this coordination was shaping up to be until N1 happened :v

I'm so mad that I didn't go with my gut and kill you N1. This game would've been very different.

4 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

What was cat5's passive?

It should be in the docs, but basically it generated an item that gave him access to the Scatter ability. Said item was subsequently destroyed every day start, and regenerated every night start.

As far as balance goes, the intention was to force town to actually scum hunt and metagame instead of them relying heavily on their role actions.

And really try to set things up where Mafia could blend in with Town a good bit. But still have it where Town would be suspicious of them.

4 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Interesting, so checking Cat5 for items would have been fruitless at every time. I can see now why he was confident for that check.

I would have shown the items existence to a player if they stole the item during the night phase.

Which Louis's webbing action was immune to it, but Sunflower would be stopped by it if she targeted Category 5 when he was also protecting himself.

4 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

It should be in the docs, but basically it generated an item that gave him access to the Scatter ability. Said item was subsequently destroyed every day start, and regenerated every night start.

I saw that!

I don't get how him using scatter on iLTS lets the NK still go through though.

Just now, Retaliation said:

I saw that!

It would if Killing_You performed it with his roleblock immunity. But then you also have both Mafia visiting the NK.

Just now, Jeod said:

Hey, KY, what makes you think CYOR II is part of a bygone era? Crazy shit still happens, we're only missing the few extra players like Voe.

Mostly because modern CYOR feels a bit more... restrained, I guess? Especially with the reduced amount of RNG. Then again, maybe the FRAYDO kill in CYOR II and everything about Halloween CYOR were anomalies and I'm misreading the situation.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

I saw that!

As stated previously, roleblock immunity right here. 

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I think you're sort of right--perhaps we've had a few too many "themed" CYORs lately. My CYOR V was meant to get away from all that.

I do enjoy the chaos of unthemed CYOR.

We also might be overdue for another "classic" style game. (Well, classic by our standards, anyway.) After Verti runs Star Wars II, I've been thinking about running a TSR mafia (essentially modifying elements of past Verti60 APB mafias). After that, I'll try to work on Star Trek with Orange a bit more.

Just now, Jeod said:

If he ever gets around to running it. I think an APB/TSR mafia is exactly the kind of mafia spice we could use.

I'll start work on getting the roles set up, then. That way I can have them on hand whenever's convenient.

Just now, Shade939 said:

So in terms of balance, what sort of things did you like and dislike?

Cat5's scatter thing didn't fit in the game. It blured the lines between item/action/passive, barely interacted with the fun  item moving game Jeod and Orange had going on, and should not have been a free action like pass. Maybe he should have started with a certain amount of the dust or had to spend a phase making more. He was also a scum mason, but I don't think that phases us anymore :v.

Otherwise I think it's the best mafia game I've played in awhile. Sure @Killing_Yougot dunked on again, but he also reacted pretty poorly to it as well. Not that anyone other than iLTS or me seemed to have noticed that lol.

I'm pretty sure everyone else was taking crazy pills.

My initial instinct was to claim item usage, but I didn't know what to claim and I was afraid of being instantly outed via item thief.

That and I was prepared for a tracker to follow me to either one target or the other, but not both.