APB 3.5.0.0 Changelog

31 minutes ago, des1206 said:

Why the Phase Tank nerf? It has paper armor to begin with.

It's good vs everything and invisible on top of it. Now with lower range Volkovs the PT could've become oppressive.

I like most of the changes! :) But i'm also against the Sneaking and Engineer shovel changes. :(

Crouch sneaking into a base has always been a fun, high-risk/high-reward and heart-pounding strategy to try to pull off. Why the change?

Allies lay TONS of AT mines on maps. If anything Soviet engineers should get an even bigger disarm radius along with unlimited ammo.

Edited by des1206

19 hours ago, des1206 said:

Crouch sneaking into a base has always been a fun, high-risk/high-reward and heart-pounding strategy to try to pull off. Why the change?

Because it's unfair towards the base defenders. There is no mechanic in game which would allow the defenders to spot the crouching infantry, and on maps with clutter and/or tunnels, the defending team may be AWARE of a Tanya in their base, and yet be completely unable to find her. This threat potential can cost the match. Think Tanya+Spy sneaking through the tunnels on KoTG, avoiding the mines.

19 hours ago, des1206 said:

Allies lay TONS of AT mines on maps. If anything Soviet engineers should get an even bigger disarm radius along with unlimited ammo.

Allied Minelayer is a huge time sink, which requires multiple repeated trips to refill. At the same time, the minelayer is unarmed and vulnerable to all forms of damage, which costs in repairs and repurchases. In return, 1 soviet player could buy a mammoth tank + engie and effectively clear the whole map in one go. It's completely disproportionate in terms of time and risk invested. Now, the soviet engie can still do it, but he needs a supply truck instead of a tank, which gives the minelayer a form of counter play.

3 hours ago, Voe said:

Because it's unfair towards the base defenders. There is no mechanic in game which would allow the defenders to spot the crouching infantry, and on maps with clutter and/or tunnels, the defending team may be AWARE of a Tanya in their base, and yet be completely unable to find her. This threat potential can cost the match. Think Tanya+Spy sneaking through the tunnels on KoTG, avoiding the mines.

Thanks for the explanation. C&C mode is suppose to favor attackers and discourage defending/turtles. If a Tanya is able to sneak into a base past the mines, or with the help of a spy on KotG, good for them! If two Soviet engins are able to slow walk and C4 a MCT, good for them! They should be rewarded with such high-risk team-based plays. Speaking of KotG, i'm against getting rid of that Soviet ore-field entrance for the reason i just mentioned.

There is a very rewarding thrill when you try to pull off a covert op. You don't really get this with other FPS games. I sincerely feel taking out crouch-sneaking takes out half of the fun as an attacker.

3 hours ago, Voe said:

Allied Minelayer is a huge time sink, which requires multiple repeated trips to refill. At the same time, the minelayer is unarmed and vulnerable to all forms of damage, which costs in repairs and repurchases. In return, 1 soviet player could buy a mammoth tank + engie and effectively clear the whole map in one go. It's completely disproportionate in terms of time and risk invested. Now, the soviet engie can still do it, but he needs a supply truck instead of a tank, which gives the minelayer a form of counter play.

Based on my experience, one dedicated Allies minelayer can shut down almost the entire Soviet armor usage on maps. Allied Minelayers can deploy 5 mines in quick succession on the move, and reload instantly on the SD. It takes a lot of time for Soviets to hop out of tanks to de-mine, giving up one attacking infantry, and Allies can put down another 5 mines for the time it takes a Sovet engin to find and disarm 5 mines. Minelayers are also nimble enough to get away from any danger most of the time. I feel AT mines make the game less fun because it is so one dimensional.

If anything, I really suggest we give minelayers a deploy, reload, and refill delay, and maybe a dmg nerf. 

If anybody feel differently based on their playing experience, i would be interested in hearing your view.

Edited by des1206

2 hours ago, des1206 said:

Speaking of KotG, i'm against getting rid of that Soviet ore-field entrance for the reason i just mentioned.

I for one am beyond glad that ore-field entrance has been axed. Even when you see it coming, it is no fun as a Soviet player to stand guard there only to be gunned down by the superior Tanya. I saw a gameplay video with KOTG and that exact scenario played out. Swirly rightfully anticipated the Tanya/Spy sneak because that's what Silverlight/PXD2000 (or literally any duo of Allied players who know to cheese that route) always do without fail, and it's a guaranteed success. Even in the narrow corridor that it plays out in, no Flamer or Grenadier is a good enough deterrent.

Yes, there is a rewarding thrill to pulling off a covert op. Cheesing that route was ridiculous, and this cheese happens without fail and there is absolutely no fun in standing guard against that. I can't wait to see how KOTG plays out now with this change.

6 hours ago, des1206 said:

If a Tanya is able to sneak into a base past the mines, or with the help of a spy on KotG, good for them! If two Soviet engins are able to slow walk and C4 a MCT, good for them! They should be rewarded with such high-risk team-based plays.

There is no risk in sneaking the whole way radar-invisible and your name tag missing. Your opponents can't see you, thus they can't counter you, thus you're taking absolutely no risk. Now that it's changed, you'll need to at least show yourself on radar if you want to blow someone's production structure up. I reckon it's a fair trade?

6 hours ago, des1206 said:

Allied Minelayers can deploy 5 mines in quick succession on the move, and reload instantly on the SD. It takes a lot of time for Soviets to hop out of tanks to de-mine, giving up one attacking infantry, and Allies can put down another 5 mines for the time it takes a Sovet engin to find and disarm 5 mines.

This statement is just wrong on so many levels. I can assure you it takes less time to press E to jump out of your vehicle and then swing your shovel, than it is to spend 60 seconds driving to refill and back again in your minelayer. Unless you can't find the E key on your keyboard every time you should want to exit your tank, i suppose.

Not to mention that giving up 1 infantry for the attackers for the 30 seconds it takes to clear the entire rush path is a lot smaller time sink than for the defenders to give up a whole player (unless someone can be in two different places with both their infantry and their minelayer) for the 8-10 minutes it takes to mine.

12 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

I for one am beyond glad that ore-field entrance has been axed. Even when you see it coming, it is no fun as a Soviet player to stand guard there only to be gunned down by the superior Tanya. I saw a gameplay video with KOTG and that exact scenario played out. Swirly rightfully anticipated the Tanya/Spy sneak because that's what Silverlight/PXD2000 (or literally any duo of Allied players who know to cheese that route) always do without fail, and it's a guaranteed success. Even in the narrow corridor that it plays out in, no Flamer or Grenadier is a good enough deterrent.

Yes, there is a rewarding thrill to pulling off a covert op. Cheesing that route was ridiculous, and this cheese happens without fail and there is absolutely no fun in standing guard against that. I can't wait to see how KOTG plays out now with this change.

did-someone-say-cheese.jpg

I agree with you. I too am excited to see how KOTG is now with Silverlight on the Allied team.

On 8/28/2020 at 12:38 PM, NodGuy said:

I agree with you. I too am excited to see how KOTG is now with Silverlight on the Allied team.

It will be fun, we just need to find new teamwork ways, depending on the team we could lock the gems and bombard dome with arties... Or sneak behind the soviet ref with rockets or lights, or deploy MRJ while phase rush advances, or use the other tunnel entrances... Or maybe ranger rush the coil... Or rocket rush the coil... Or rifle rush the coil...

We used the tunnel a lot but... but there are a lot of options... Which we could try... If people started playing APB more...