About Apocalypse Rising

AC_02

Hi again, and this question is a little different, is there any chance that RA2: Apocalypse Rising is going to be or maybe is now a revamped Renegade 2? I know that there are units from RA2 alone, but will be adding Renegade 2 units like the Hind Transport or Cyborgs (with that cone hat) a possibility? I was just curious since Renegade 2 was a little different from the original RTS game for some designs (like the Kirov).

Hi @AC_02. Cheers for your question!

We're not planning on adding any units from Renegade 2, but you might see other units that weren't in Red Alert 2, if that makes sense? Units like the Technician and Supply Trucks.

AR is based entirely on Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge. :) 

2 hours ago, OWA said:

Hi @AC_02. Cheers for your question!

We're not planning on adding any units from Renegade 2, but you might see other units that weren't in Red Alert 2, if that makes sense? Units like the Technician and Supply Trucks.

AR is based entirely on Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge. :) 

Yuri's Revenge? You mean a 3rd faction or just Yuri units as part of Soviets?

EDIT: And i almost forgot this question, what happened to TS Reborn? Is Interium Apex a replacement for it?

Edited by AC_02

On 8/27/2020 at 12:25 PM, AC_02 said:

Yuri's Revenge? You mean a 3rd faction or just Yuri units as part of Soviets?

EDIT: And i almost forgot this question, what happened to TS Reborn? Is Interium Apex a replacement for it?

Reborn had some internal disputes and disagreements, and has been shelved for the time being... Best to just leave it at that for now. Its not "dead" but its not currently being worked on but don't worry, it'll re-release eventually just have some patience.

Also Interim Apex is not a "replacement" for Reborn, its just another mod under the belt for people to enjoy.

As for Yuri's Revenge units: I'm not at liberty to say what will happen, nor do I really know what will happen. If you remember later versions of Scud Storm there were neutral GLA buildings in a small hidden base area on one of the maps that you could capture and buy units from. There might be a third faction, or Yuri's units might just be relegated to the Soviet faction. I can really only just speculate. Best to wait for a devblog in regards to Yuri's faction units.

RA2: Apocalypse Rising took longer than any other mods W3D Hub has made for Renegade, almost at the start of making RA1:APB  i actually expected it would have its official release later than Apocalypse Rising, and anyway thank you for the feedback. :biggrin:

On 8/31/2020 at 12:21 PM, MPRA2 said:

Also Interim Apex is not a "replacement" for Reborn, its just another mod under the belt for people to enjoy.

Interim Apex was simply a renegade mod until becoming a stand alone and then joining W3DHub.

Interim Apex attempts to answer the question, “What was it like before tiberian sun?” So it has an abundance of units from multiple C&C games (and technologies).

(Its more of a game of chance and cleverness than structure and movement, more like card strategies  than chess strategies)

-I hope the above description helps

Edited by Raptor29aa