Vehicle ammo types.

Anon_Kat

5 hours ago, Anon_Kat said:

@Guard55 Which ammo belongs to which vehicle class? (ie HESH for Artys APCR for assault guns AP for MBT/Anti tanks) Also what does the star next to some vehicle mean?  :? edit: What are hopes? What are dreams?

Hopes and dreams are your hopes and dreams. You hope you can sneak into the GDI base and blow up the Comm Center, but instead you run into 2 Mammoth Tanks that are firing HEAT at you non-stop. Your 800 credit Stealth Tank is no match for the steamroll that is about to happen. That's when you grab an SU-122 or a T-62 and fight back. The HEAT on the T-62 is also extremely powerful. I would recommend using it against structures and defenses, along with infantry, and using AP for vehicles.

Edited by Guard55
Forgot to mention Infantry

On 9/8/2020 at 3:21 AM, Veyrdite said:

I always assumed AP = normal and HE* = higher damage but less accurate.  Didn't know that all the HE* variants were unique, or all of these rules at all.

Now all I can think of is "AH", for those cold northern missions where you care about enemy comfort.

Yeah, I find HE is good against light vehicles, but against medium or heavy its not as good as HESH. (Unless its a Koksan)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, GibbletsnBits said:

I've found by counting points that HESH is more effective against structures then any other type of shell. Also, Thank You Guard for writing this out, I did not know

Anytime. If you have anymore information or updated information about Ammo types, just throw it into this thread.

• 2 years later...