Can't join Renegade online -- TT outdated?

Nozzy

So when I try to play online I get a message about not having the right version of TT installed. I have the latest 4.6 so what's goin on here? I can still join games via renlist but I really wanted the W3D launcher to work.

Also hello if anyone here remembers me. :)

I'm trying to get on Rencorner Marathon. The message comes from inside renegade itself. The game launches and then it give some the TT error and then it infinitely says "joining". I had no problem joining this server in the past. I can run APB fine so I don't get it.

The exact message is "your version of Tiberian technologies is outdated. Please launch your game through the TT launcher (game.exe) to automatically download the latest version"

If I try to launch via game.exe I just end up at the renegade main menu.

(I am the OP, Apparently I have 2 accounts here now, oops)

Edit: I also tried checking the Rencorner forums and it seems I'm not alone in this problem. I know this isn't a w3d problem perse, but this community is fairly small so any help I can get from anywhere would be great. TT 4.6 is apparently the correct version, but it isn't installing correctly for me or others. There was a .dll file uploaded 3 years ago that remedied the issue for someone else, but that link has since died. I also lost my renegade disc so a fresh install is out of the question.

Edited by Nozzy06

https://rencorner.com/topic/12350-cant-enter-server-version-of-tiberian-tech-is-outdated/

Towards the bottom of this thread I was able to follow the renegade.exe link and paste the .dll files into my game folder. It solves the problem for me. Not sure if this is the post you are referring to but the link seems to work for me

Edit: I'm an idiot. That was you in the thread lol oops

Edited by korninja