What do you listen to during Ren matches?

To be honest I turn up the sound effects. Something about hearing explosions in surround sound immerses me in the action. (Well not true surround sound just four speakers)

I only notice the music while running or lull moments in the game. It is a good silence filler. (Before music was map Independent, I used to know which map I was playing by song)

I used to listen to music when playing but then I decided I wanted to hear the intense sound of war to increase my enjoyment. These days I only listen to music when playing a game when I am grinding to make it a little bit more bearable. I am of course talking about games in general and not just Renegade.

On 9/27/2020 at 6:06 AM, buttnutella said:

Do you listen to the ingame music or something else during Renegade matches?

If I'm playing any W3D game in a more focused teamwork oriented capacity, I keep the in-game audio on and take it all in properly. But if I'm just having fun and not doing anything special I will often fire up a playlist full of Sam Feldt or something similar and enjoy some super fun vibes while jumping around in my chair. I'm fun like that.

Interesting answers from everyone. Gotta say I'm surprised to learn the majority don't listen to their own music but favor the game sound above else.

I used to listen to tons of bass heavy electronic music, metal & rock during matches with occasional 90s Boom Bap.

But lately I've been favoring no music at all or ingame sound track, not really for a special reason like connecting to teamspeak or something similar but just for my own sakes I've been enjoying it far more that way lately.

I don't have any surround sound but I have a sub so that does help me immerse myself some since I like to drive my speakers loud when I'm playing. Especially if I'm having myself a beer or a bit of whiskey.

12 hours ago, Threve said:

I'd have to say it's one of the most beautiful games ever created. Although if you treat it as a playable story rather than a game it's a lot better.

The alternate ending with the unplugging of the hidden thingies to get to the other thing that is, well, vital to you, is also "unfortunately cool".

Sorry for the off-topic though.

On 9/28/2020 at 8:58 PM, Threve said:

On 9/30/2020 at 12:57 AM, AZ-Stalker said:

Sorry for the off-topic though.

I don't know anything about this game but i gave that link a spin & I enjoyed it a ton but then again I really like ambient so it fit my bill nicely!

On 9/27/2020 at 5:52 PM, FRAYDO said:

Renegade music is classic so it stays on.

Yeah I was thoroughly bummed when I started to listen to the Renegade in game music and realized how I've been missing out on it for most of the decade. It just fits the gameplay so perfectly, I like the game sound & FX to be turned down slightly lower than the game sound so I can feel that bass in my chest on some of the music. Can't believe I was missing out on the Renegade OST all this time.

Having said that I also used to love playing Gorillaz first self titled album and Demon Days during matches.

Going to have a ren session now to this actually.

Edited by buttnutella

20 hours ago, Threve said:

One of, if not the best Album to come out of the 2000's.

Definitely agree, the first 2 albums get so much air time from me. Plastic Beach and B-sides get some love from me too though. Lets be honest, you cannot listen to one album without listen to another back to back though. I just can't, its so damn good.

It's funny when my best friend gave me their first 2 CD's back in the day, I actually shockingly didn't like it on my first listen being so used to Rock & Hip-Hop so when Gorillaz wrapped it up in the way that they did it went over my tiny head.

They grew on me in the best way and are still one of my favorite artists but I don't like much of their recent work. I actually sort of repulsed by their recent work to be honest.

Edited by buttnutella

• 4 months later...
On 3/3/2021 at 9:01 PM, Cain Marder said:

if I chose to listen to something besides the ingame music, well, I often see myself going back to a few tracks and songs
this one specifically is the one I start up with this:

Really beautiful song. Thank you for sharing.

Reminds me of Wolfgang Viogt - GAS but more Trance/90's.

On 3/3/2021 at 7:01 PM, Cain Marder said:

if I chose to listen to something besides the ingame music, well, I often see myself going back to a few tracks and songs
this one specifically is the one I start up with this:

Oh cool! I thought I was the only one that mixed and matched OST to other games sometimes. Like when an OST is good, its good so it very well may fit the vibe of another game too.