[GAME OVER] CYOR VI

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

CHOOSE YOUR OWN ROLE VI (SIX)

INTRO

The polls say the people want an unthemed CYOR game. As a patriot and believer of the American election system, it's time for CYOR VI! This game will start on Friday, November 6, at 10:00PM GMT (the usual time, but daylight savings time is soon so take that into account).

If you weren't a part of my previous CYOR V, that anniversary edition was slightly themed with items from past games. This time, however, I fully expect every player to bring out their best, their baddest, their most chaotic ideas. My promise for this game is to try to deliver the same kind of epic, puzzle-like, rage-inducing feel as RNGesus, Capitalism/Imperialism, and the Infinity Stones. As players, I hope your creativity will help me make good on that promise.

For those of you who are new to Choose Your Own Role style mafia games, here’s a short explanation: at its core, CYOR is a standard mafia game. Town attempts to eliminate all hostile elements (mafia and third party). Mafia attempts to eliminate players and outnumber the other factions. The third party has specific win conditions based on their role, and the neutral faction is similar; neutral faction players, however, are not considered hostile.

If you sign up for this game, you will send me a PM with your role request. You can customize your role as much as you see fit, and I will do my best to honor your request. Here’s an example of a role request:

Spoiler

Character name: Riot Trooper

Role: Vigilante/Roleblocker OR Vigilante/Bodyguard

Bio:

Where there is chaos, there are also Riot Troopers. Standard training of the police officers was sometimes not enough to handle certain situations, esspecialy during war times. Thats why goverments decided to arm their troops fighting in urban areas with more frag grenades and shotguns, focusing their training on how to fight in towns and cities. After Years before the enemy attacked once more, specially trained soldiers with heavy flak jackets, riot shields, riotguns and flash grenades designed to flush out hostiles from the buildings and streets, were prepared to join the battle if another conflict arises.

Abilities:

1. Vigilante/Bodyguard

- Protect (Night action) - Riot Trooper can use his shield to protect selected target. If target is protected from any killing actions, shield breaks and cannot be used anymore.

- Riot Shield (Passive) - Shield protects Riot Trooper from any kind of killing actions. After defending himself, shield breaks and RT becomes vulnerable to hostile killing actions.

- Shoot (Day action) - Classic shoot option. Would 25% stuck/ 75% hit work? One time use.

2. Vigilante/Roleblocker

- Flashbang (Night action) - Throws a Flashbang at the direction of selected target, which prevents him from making any actions during this night.

- Riot Shield (Passive) - Shield protects Riot Trooper from any kind of killing actions. After defending himself, shield breaks and RT becomes vulnerable to hostile killing actions.

- Shoot (Day Action) - similar to above.

The more information you include in your request, the more accurate your final role will be. Here’s a template to help guide your request, although it’s not necessary to use when sending me your PM:

Spoiler

Character Name:

Bio: (This is presented upon your death)

Day Action(s):

Night Action(s):

Alignment:

Item:

Description:
Action(s) (i.e. ##Use, ##Pass):

Effect (i.e. On ##Use, or On ##Pass):

MECHANICS

This game's going to be chaotic--I'll be more lenient with restricting roles, so bring whatever you want to the table. Items will of course be a part of the game, and players can start the game with items.

Signed Players - 8 7 Minimum

OrangeP47

Shade939

Killing_You

iLikeToSnipe

Chopbam

Category 5

Mojoman

Anon_Kat

Retaliation

FRAYDO

TheIrishMan

Louis

24 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Alright, I've got seven players and three roles so far. Obviously, with one below the playercount, I'll need to come up with some twists to try to prolong the game...

I'm assuming the most likely players to sign up would be @Retaliation, @Louis and @FRAYDO.

Which @Category 5 Hurricane is still probably the best bet to get a hold of Louis.

57 minutes ago, Anon_Kat said:

Can I join? I can't make roles! Is that ok?

As long as you don't mind joining in a game of social manipulation where you have to figure out who's a murderous liar, or what other objective they might have all while trying to prove your own innocence to everyone else so they don't kill you. ;)

As for roles, here's a website with a list of them that are the basic templates for all Mafia roles abilities. Additionally, you can pick any person, place or thing to serve as your role and the GM can use that to help decide what abilities you have. Or you could just let the GM Jeod pick and he'll try to give a role to balance out the game.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Roles_Main_Page

22 hours ago, Shade939 said:

As long as you don't mind joining in a game of social manipulation where you have to figure out who's a murderous liar, or what other objective they might have all while trying to prove your own innocence to everyone else so they don't kill you. ;)

As for roles, here's a website with a list of them that are the basic templates for all Mafia roles abilities. Additionally, you can pick any person, place or thing to serve as your role and the GM can use that to help decide what abilities you have. Or you could just let the GM Jeod pick and he'll try to give a role to balance out the game.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Roles_Main_Page

Can @Jeod pick me a role? Or do I have to PM for it? I'm not sure if I will annoy him and ban me from every game! :(