[GAME OVER] CYOR VI

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

10 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I was never arguing that.  I was arguing Cat 5 shouldn't confuse Shade acting within his town meta for smart play.

I'd have to go back and reread your posts at some point just to be sure. But that wasn't quite the impression I got. It seemed more that you weren't committing to that. It seemed you were saying that Shade was acting suspicious, but he was also acting like town?

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

I'd have to go back and reread your posts at some point just to be sure. But that wasn't quite the impression I got. It seemed more that you weren't committing to that. It seemed you were saying that Shade was acting suspicious, but he was also acting like town?

I did, at one point, say Shade would likely disappoint me in the future and I'd find him suspicious, but that was more of a joke than anything, about how Shade always finds a way to act scummy. Maybe I wasn't clear, but I *don't* find Shade suspicious.  At least not from what he's done so far.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I did, at one point, say Shade would likely disappoint me in the future and I'd find him suspicious, but that was more of a joke than anything, about how Shade always finds a way to act scummy. Maybe I wasn't clear, but I *don't* find Shade suspicious.  At least not from what he's done so far.

I will always be suspicious of Shade. Suspicious that he is scum and making a gambit or suspicious that he is town and making a gambit.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

And yes, perhaps this is a wishy washy stance, but Shade has done 1-2 things, depending on how you count "things".  He's elicited your "vent".  And he's continued to try and probe someone to "test".  You venting was a "good" outcome, but as I said, just because it was a good outcome doesn't mean fishing is justified, and the second thing he's doing is continuing to fish.  I'm saying fishing is a bad play, but it DOESN'T make Shade scummy, because fishing is what Shade does, every single game.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

I will always be suspicious of Shade. Suspicious that he is scum and making a gambit or suspicious that he is town and making a gambit.

I mean, this is one way of putting it, but I suppose I'm taking a more innocent until guilty approach to him... but it might be rooted in fatigue of his playstyle, as much as I really, really hate to admit that.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, this is one way of putting it, but I suppose I'm taking a more innocent until guilty approach to him... but it might be rooted in fatigue of his playstyle, as much as I really, really hate to admit that.

Damn... I probably shouldn't have said that... not this game, but any game from here on out, Shade's going to use this as a free pass to be the most scummy fuck ever.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Damn... I probably shouldn't have said that... not this game, but any game from here on out, Shade's going to use this as a free pass to be the most scummy fuck ever.

Eh, people need to learn to adjust their playstyle. Especially if they're town, this is a team game if you're town or mafia. I like gambits, they're pretty fun when you're the one pulling them off. But don't try to pull off a gambit for the sake of pulling off a gambit, do it for your team. And play for your team when doing it.

Just finished page 11, but Orange, why are you worried about being gotcha’d? It usually shouldn’t be a concern for any town player as there’s no real slipping to happen...unless you’re Cat5 and pulling off a gambit.

iLTS is scummy just for his usage of the “word” sus.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Just finished page 11, but Orange, why are you worried about being gotcha’d? It usually shouldn’t be a concern for any town player as there’s no real slipping to happen...unless you’re Cat5 and pulling off a gambit.

iLTS is scummy just for his usage of the “word” sus.

Because I'm always scumread, regardless of what I do?  Granted, my past few games have been on MU where the problem is much, much worse, despite the fact that I've never been scum there, yet I constantly get accused of scum slipping, in cases where I didn't, because I'm not.

Oh btw guys in case you didn't hear, I technically advanced this year!  Not advanced advanced, but I was named a backup in case somebody dropped out of the semis, which is still something and requires a good performance in the first round.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Oh btw guys in case you didn't hear, I technically advanced this year!  Not advanced advanced, but I was named a backup in case somebody dropped out of the semis, which is still something and requires a good performance in the first round.

giphy.gif

So it should be a given by now, but I'll reiterate for the newbie: any day actions that aren't passives are considered one-time use. Any day passives are infinite unless specifically stated.

Really, not something I should have to point out.