[GAME OVER] CYOR VI

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Oh, speaking of Sir Issac, since it may not have been enough, how about the slash of an imposter necromorph?

So I think I believe him about not being a necromorph, but I also think he could have taken inspiration from the plethora of alien hidden role games that existed before among us. At the very least among us is a great flavor to explain the vent action.

Also Shade put him in a bad position D1 and it wouldn't be a stretch to want revenge.

10 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Orangep47 W
Shade939 e
Killing_You K
iLTS n
Chopbam o
Category5 w
Mojoman N
Anon_Kat o
Retaliation t
FRAYDO h
Irishman i
Louis n

That's a helpful chart, by reading it I'm basically all caught up!🔥

Players

Role

Character

Day One

Night One

Day Two

Night Two

Items

Irish

Chocolate Factory

Willy Wonka

nothing

nothing

Cat5

?

?

nothing

?

Fraydo

Dead

Kurosensei

nothing

Died

Orange

Defensive

immobile character

nothing

nothing?

Shade

Experimenter?

Phyrexian?

nothing

Blocked?

Attacked?

Louis

?

?

nothing

?

Retal

Unstoppable

?

nothing

Visited Irish

Kat

?

?

nothing

?

iLTS

?

Imposter

Vented

?

Mojo

Buffer?

?

Lynchproof on Orange

?

Chop

Item Giver?

?

nothing

?

KY

Unsure

Shenron

nothing

?

I'm awake, people doing stuff while I'm asleep for a change is annoying... but I guess good technically, activity is good.

Shade, let me reiterate.  By any principle of good GMing, an infectious knife would not ALSO role block you.  It would simply go last in the order of operations (well not last last, actual full on NKs would go last).

That said, with the number of people not claiming an action, or claiming not have moved, or possibly lying (these things can overlap) an additional actor role blocking you that isn't Irish or the knife is possible.  Makes our life figuring out what happened more complicated.  I'd actually considered this possibility, but didn't bring it up, because we were too busy flinging shit at each other.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Why are you insisting on this path of claiming to know how an action works? I don't see any reason why it couldn't also be a roleblock. There is nothing that says actions must have only one effect.

Because, like I said, I'm very passionate about rules.  And very passionate about stopping galaxy brain theories and I feel they hurt town.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Why are you insisting on this path of claiming to know how an action works? I don't see any reason why it couldn't also be a roleblock. There is nothing that says actions must have only one effect.

There's a lot it could be and I agree we don't know enough to be certain yet.

1. Dual effect action
  2. Action that flips a coin between roleblock or a kill
  3. Action failed to kill, silent roleblock was used on Shade
  4. Something else entirely

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Because, like I said, I'm very passionate about rules.  And very passionate about stopping galaxy brain theories and I feel they hurt town.

I mean, you don't HAVE to believe me.  Hell, I might even be wrong.  But if at the end of the game I'm right I want everybody to know it!

For CYOR VII I'm going to be a raging narcissist.

CYOR VII will be under a different director and producer and create a trilogy nobody asked for and nobody truly enjoys.

Narcissistic Injury (Passive):  Make a wrong assertion.  Get Called on it.  Whoever calls you on it dies.

This would actually make for an interesting no-vote no-power mafia trying to find who'd be the last man standing, hmmm....

Okay, I'm more fully awake now, so here's something I want to bring up again while I can hopefully put it together in a cognizant manner.

KY galaxy braining that Irish role blocks visitors is really bugging me.  (Note, we've established this even if the knife/whatever happened to Shade is seperate.  It's not important what happened to Shade for the purposes of this point) Sure it could be a lucky guess, but it could be something more.  While I'm annoyed at Shade for going in on me, I don't think he's entirely without a clue, only partially without a clue.  If people are in communication, it would have to be KY and Retal.  I'm more suspicious of KY for the simple fact that Retal appears to have a legit reason for knowing Irish role blocks people, IE the visit and the ticket. Thus he is the "origin" of the knowledge and it would have to spread from there.  While it could be that he's scum and he communicated this fact to scum buddy KY, it could also be that KY, rather than doing noting as he claimed, actually spied on Retal somehow and gained the same information he did.  "Doing nothing" is always a dubious claim to make, and yes, I do know full well I myself said I did nothing, but when so many people say it, some are probably true and some are probably false.  Granted, KY-Retal could still be a strong pairing, but I hope I explained why I'm more interested in KY first.