[GAME OVER] CYOR VI

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

Just now, Shade939 said:

The BP was only immediately after he killed someone using his day kill though.

If he gets a kill on TP/Mafia that's a really strong indicator he's town. Not a full confirmation, but it makes him a high priority target for the next night kill. Fortunately for us his suspicions were way off when he killed Louis.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Also, I like how Jeod says he'll let you use any crazy idea you have, and basically everyone shows up with a bunch of passive characters. :v

I'll restate that I didn't design my role like this. I actually had a different idea entirely. Using the Nosferatu and Silence tomes were backup ideas.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'll restate that I didn't design my role like this. I actually had a different idea entirely. Using the Nosferatu and Silence tomes were backup ideas.

I feel like an axe was your primary role idea for some reason...

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Yeah I'm not blaming you or even Jeod who obviously had a lot of time restrictions on running the game. I'm more just lamenting Orange and I playing a good game and losing to a role that did everything.

11 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Yeah I'm not blaming you or even Jeod who obviously had a lot of time restrictions on running the game. I'm more just lamenting Orange and I playing a good game and losing to a role that did everything.

Well it makes sense when the rest of the town had roles that did nothing :v

8 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Well it makes sense when the rest of the town had roles that did nothing :v

Passive roleblock is basically as good as NK immunity this game is it not? We were basically TP resistant vanilla scum. 

4 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

It was a very strange game, but I think it turned out well.

I really really liked how this was a game that felt like it was supposed to be won in the day phase and I'm just sad that it ended up being decided by some really bad night action luck instead.

I complained a lot about you not going guns blazing in the forum and scum doc, but I knew it was actually smart. Shooting me on a whim would have been the worst possible choice.

Statistically, I don't think Town should have won this game.

It was mainly a battle between the Scum players to see which of them could beat the other Scum in game, while Town mainly sat around and watched and acted as targets for them to use their abilities on and get lynched instead.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Statistically, I don't think Town should have won this game.

It was a mainly a battle between the Scum players to see which of them could beat the other Scum in game, while Town mainly sat around and watched and acted as targets for them to use their abilities on and get lynched instead.

What abilities are we talking about here exactly?

Just now, Retaliation said:

Actually I'm not sure if you're talking about how the game played out or how you would expect the game to have played out looking at rolesheets.

I'd agree with you if you're talking about how town played the game overall.

Town really never stood a chance of controlling the day vote with this setup.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Town really never stood a chance of controlling the day vote with this setup.

They started with a mason and 4/7 of town players were resistant to/punished NK attempts in some fashion. 

The problem was half of the town players weren't participating.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

There was literally a cult in game...

Was iLTS a full fledged cult? I don't see what becoming a crewmate actually did in the role sheet.

I don't see how the presence of a cult is relevant. If it broke the game, that's because cults are broken.

2 hours ago, Retaliation said:

I knew you'd like my role :v

Spoiler

omD2ME2.jpg

1 hour ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Yeah, and I actually misinterpreted my own role and counted on it roleblocking a NK when it would just penalize the person who killed me.

Don't worry, remember that @Voe once believed his allies to be his enemies despite his role stating that they were under his control...

Just now, Shade939 said:

So, you're stating you were immune to all of the Town night actions already? ;)

That's why I had to out myself D4. To make it balanced.

Now that I know the dayblock and roleblock were from the same ability, I think cat5 would have caught on when there was no kill N4.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

That's why I had to out myself D4. To make it balanced.

Now that I know the dayblock and roleblock were from the same ability, I think cat5 would have caught on when there was no kill N4.

It was more of a Mafia vs. Cult game than Mafia vs. Town.

53 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

In hindsight I should have just went with Orange's idea of killing you D1, but killing active town always makes for such boring games.

That's something I'd like to "fix". I quite like how games like Avalon or Secret Hitler work. Still mafia-like, but you don't end up having people sitting out for the entire game after putting in effort to join it.

Not sure what the fix would be for forum mafia yet.