[GAME OVER] Tiberian Sun: Reborn Mafia I

Killing_You
Message added by Killing_You,

4 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Since the CVC has been cleared, here's a little chart.

PLAYER D1 ACTION D1 VOTE N1 ACTION
Jeod      
ChopBam   iLikeToSnipe  
iLikeToSnipe Shot @ Mojo, miss Mojoman  
FRAYDO   OrangeP47  
Category 5 Hurricane
  OrangeP47  
Voe   iLikeToSnipe  
OrangeP47 Shot @ Mojo, miss Mojoman  
Retaliation   Mojoman  
Mojoman   NoLynch  
Shade939   Mojoman  
TheIrishMan   Mojoman  
Anon_Kat      
Louis Shot @ Shade, miss Mojoman  
Result   Mojoman Lynched OrangeP47 Killed

So, if you analyzed this, and Louis voted for Mojoman to before hammer.

Then you're notice we have four groups so far.

ChopBam/Voe - iLikeToSnipe

FRAYDO/Category 5 - OrangeP47

iLikeToSnipe/Voe/Retaliation/Shade939/TheIrishMan/Louis - Mojoman

Jeod/Anon_Kay - No Vote

Just now, ChopBam said:

Replace "Voe" with "Orange" but these groupings together won't tell us a whole lot.

Yeah, that's why it's a mid-late game tactic. And you can remove dead Town players from groups, since you won't learn anything from who they voted for then.

Also, it's a far more effective tactic to use after you've lynched mafia.

Given the fact that we lynched Mojoman a Town player, one could assume that not all of the Mafia members were part of that train, but would spread there votes out to avoid being clumped together with their teammates and avoiding having to take responsibility for lynching a Town player.

In particular, the two players I'd be more suspicious of after yesterdays votes are Jeod and Louis though, Jeod because he voted then unvoted both Orange and Voe before finally ending the day with no vote at all. And for Louis, it's because she showed up at the last moment, after I had already commented that several players weren't voting, a fact that should be noted if Mojoman is Town or Mafia, and just threw her vote on the main train.

12 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Jeod/Anon_Kay - No Vote

I had stated my case against Orange and thus my vote. I don't mean to speak for Cat5 but he seemed to have agreed with me and followed up later with his vote. Believing in his night action claim the lynch would have been the best route to eliminate him. With the lynch falling on Mojo and Orange claiming to take flight that night, I don't believe we can be held accountable for his death.

I'm not entirely confident in Cat5 being GDI, but abiding by the OP I can at least be sure his Neutral claim was just for fun. I don't think he would test out Orange's claim and risk wasting a NK if he were Nod, so currently I am leaning him being GDI. I will be bold and say our group out of the four should be clear.

27 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Jeod/Anon_Kay - No Vote

What was the case on iLTS again? I feel like every time ChopBam was pressed on this he responded with "it's D1 what do you want for an actual reason"

2 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

What was the case on iLTS again? I feel like every time ChopBam was pressed on this he responded with "it's D1 what do you want for an actual reason"

iLTS followed up after Orange and use his day kill to target Mojoman after the first shot failed. He was accused of being opportunistic, which was the argument both ChopBam and Voe used for there votes on him.

On 12/16/2020 at 12:46 PM, ChopBam said:

Mojoman is an easy target for acting "scummy," although with his meta it's hard to get an accurate read on him. iLTS was the last person in this series to fire his gun, and I wouldn't put it past him to gamble for the likelihood to make it clear to everyone in not having his weapon get stuck that he's not the chameleon spy.

##vote iLTS

Here it is @FRAYDO

I think scum did a dumb move. Orange was Town, his power role was self preservation, and he already fired his shot. It would've been so much easier to kill someone else and then push Orange to be lynched to starting on Mojo.

Honestly makes me suspect Jeod less. iLTS, I'm not as sure as I was before as he likes to gamble his plays.

Considering this game is relatively simple I suspect Anon_Cat is scum due to the NK and how easy it'd be to train him during this game. But that's meta-ing off KY which isn't technically how you're supposed to play.

If I had to do any analysis of the wagons yesterday, the extra votes on Mojoman after the vote was 3/2/2 Mojoman/OrangeP47/iLTS might have been to protect iLTS. The vote was close, but then was almost an early hammer. That would mean Retaliation, TheIrishman, and Louis are people who possibly voted to protect iLTS. Not a real strong case to make from this unless one or more of iLTS/Retaliation/TheIrishman/Louis flip Mafia.

Alternatively, all three players were town, and the wagons probably tell us nothing unless you consider that scum probably would have believed Mojoman and Orange's claims, or at least believed they were lying about their roles for some reason.

56 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Did Nod have a specific counter to a Jump Jet in Tiberian Sun? Something like a Flak Trooper? I'm wondering if scum was able to kill him because he took flight. We've seen mechanics like that in APB games before.

Just a rocket infantry unless there are vehicles or SAM sites.

7 hours ago, Shade939 said:

In particular, the two players I'd be more suspicious of after yesterdays votes are Jeod and Louis though, Jeod because he voted then unvoted both Orange and Voe before finally ending the day with no vote at all.

Let me just quit my job, here...

6 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

I think scum did a dumb move. Orange was Town, his power role was self preservation, and he already fired his shot. It would've been so much easier to kill someone else and then push Orange to be lynched to starting on Mojo.

Honestly makes me suspect Jeod less. iLTS, I'm not as sure as I was before as he likes to gamble his plays.

Considering this game is relatively simple I suspect Anon_Cat is scum due to the NK and how easy it'd be to train him during this game. But that's meta-ing off KY which isn't technically how you're supposed to play.

This reads pretty scummy to me.

First, scum are "dumb" for taking out a veteran player with a power role. I did not believe Orange's claim when he made it, and I'm only believing his flavor claim right now. Either he couldn't do what he claimed or he could and scum had a specific counter ready to go. I think the first option is much more likely (maybe JJ was actually a watcher?) and Orange was trying to avoid a kill attempt. Obviously that didn't work, so is it really dumb for scum to have made this kill?

Second, this doesn't seem like a gamble (for reasons I just mentioned) and it isn't the kind of "gamble" I'd make. Killing Orange removes a player who is a threat on their own and potentially removes a power role. What's a gamble about that?

Third, I don't think a lynch on Orange was that likely today. He almost certainly would have still been at least in my top three suspects today. But that's just me. There didn't seem to be many others who were discussing an Orange lynch yesterday (I think only Jeod had besides the others who voted). Given what others have said already, I don't think Orange would be a "safe" lynch for town or mafia today.

Finally, Irishman wraps this up with a pointless throwaway at Anon. He's suspicious of Anon for metagame reasons, but that should be ignored because it's not "technically how you're supposed to play". So why even mention it? That seems like he's priming Anon for a future lynch of opportunity.

I don't agree with Irish's assertions about Orange's death at all. What I get from this is that he's not scum hunting, he's throwing stuff out there to tee up people for a lynch.

10 hours ago, Shade939 said:

It's a really good reason to fire your shot, and a large part of how the day kills should be used for this game.

You were the one to call for careful ammo use, now you want people to start shooting each other in hope that 1 or 2 people out of a 4 man scum team would jam and reveal themselves? What about the collateral damage this will cause? What about the townies who will also jam eventually?

8 hours ago, Shade939 said:

For one thing, you notice things like who didn't vote for Mojoman since Scum wouldn't want to be part of a wagon on a Town player.

Yes, but they wouldn't be those voting orange then either.

6 hours ago, ChopBam said:

I am much less suspicious of iLTS today, but need more info before giving my reasons.

I think it's convenient that Mojo died, Orange got killed and iLTS is left alive alone.

5 minutes ago, Voe said:

I think it's convenient that Mojo died, Orange got killed and iLTS is left alive alone.

Sure it's convenient, and possible iLTS is scum. There are two possible holes in my town theory about him. What do you think of his analysis on Irish?