[GAME OVER] Tiberian Sun: Reborn Mafia I

Killing_You
Message added by Killing_You,

Just now, Nodlied said:

That's right. I presented Nodlied with the total rolesheet (including the JumpJet and Confessor, another mystery role that did not appear), and he pretty much told me it looked good. I then made the thread to put the game together.

10 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

See, it was a unique brand of unstoppable kill in that it resolved before any other action rather than simply punching through roleblocks and doctor abilities. This would've been critical for killing the JumpJet before it took off and became the only role ingame immune to it, while also guaranteeing an early kill.

So we were correct to assassinate Orange right away.

I think the unstoppable kill should be unstoppable, period. It should go through all blockers, medics, special abilities and even jailers. That is its only purpose.

1 minute ago, Voe said:

I think the unstoppable kill should be unstoppable, period. It should go through all blockers, medics, special abilities and even jailers. That is its only purpose.

Eh, fair enough, and it'd fit the Toxin Pooper flavor (being a sniper and all). Though this would only affect the JumpJet anyway.

Another change I'm thinking of making is nixing the "Max" column on the rolesheet. I ported it over from APB for no reason other than it was there, and it felt like more of a hinderance than a help. Opinions?

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

Eh, fair enough, and it'd fit the Toxin Pooper flavor (being a sniper and all). Though this would only affect the JumpJet anyway.

Another change I'm thinking of making is nixing the "Max" column on the rolesheet. I ported it over from APB for no reason other than it was there, and it felt like more of a hinderance than a help. Opinions?

I like the Max column if there are more role types that could be in the game. Depending on how it's setup, it could add another element to investigation/logic for both town and mafia. This game it was the JJ mystery role and only one spy instead of two. Maybe if the JJ was listed and 2-3 other roles for Nod/GDI it could have worked. Having it strict for mafia (i.e. no mystery roles) is much more of a hindrance for mafia than for town. Maybe even give a possible range for kill percentages for power roles and each one gets a different kill chance within that range.

Personally, I see mafia as a logic and deduction game. That does mean there's room for percentages and math, but I don't think it should be a major/hyper effective part of it.

1 minute ago, Mojoman said:

I can't believe town won TBH.

I had to keep digging my hole D1 because I misread the dig in ability and thought it was a day ability.

To be perfectly honest, I don't know how Nod could win this game without major luck if they went up against a competent town. Even with inactive town players and some decent luck I don't think this would have reasonably winnable. The majority of town targets could have been BP N1 (or any other night depending on if they held off on their ability). Town also had two protective roles and another role that had some pretty good (and interestingly designed) BP. All this combines into a TON of information gathering for town and very little that mafia can exploit.

2 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I like the Max column if there are more role types that could be in the game. Depending on how it's setup, it could add another element to investigation/logic for both town and mafia. This game it was the JJ mystery role and only one spy instead of two. Maybe if the JJ was listed and 2-3 other roles for Nod/GDI it could have worked. Having it strict for mafia (i.e. no mystery roles) is much more of a hindrance for mafia than for town. Maybe even give a possible range for kill percentages for power roles and each one gets a different kill chance within that range.

Personally, I see mafia as a logic and deduction game. That does mean there's room for percentages and math, but I don't think it should be a major/hyper effective part of it.

The number and types of roles in game was fairly necessary in order to actually know what was going on, and get the style of game play we had going on.

You might add in something like a mystery role though, that could be from several different known options.

4 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

To be perfectly honest, I don't know how Nod could win this game without major luck if they went up against a competent town. Even with inactive town players and some decent luck I don't think this would have reasonably winnable. The majority of town targets could have been BP N1 (or any other night depending on if they held off on their ability). Town also had two protective roles and another role that had some pretty good (and interestingly designed) BP. All this combines into a TON of information gathering for town and very little that mafia can exploit.

For the most part, you should have actually had more help from Town in the power roles being outed than you did. Once Town had exposed those roles for you, you're various abilities would have been far more useful to counter them.

4 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

The number and types of roles in game was fairly necessary in order to actually know what was going on, and get the style of game play we had going on.

You might add in something like a mystery role though, that could be from several different known options.

Yeah, I don't think a mystery role in this kind of setup should be a total mystery in most cases (I could see some reasons for it to be totally secret). I'd rather have it be a mystery as to what roles have been assigned and how many.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

Yeah, I don't think a mystery role in this kind of setup should be a total mystery in most cases (I could see some reasons for it to be totally secret). I'd rather have it be a mystery as to what roles have been assigned and how many.

Too many chances to counterclaim then, defeating the point.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

For the most part, you should have actually had more help from Town in the power roles being outed than you did. Once Town had exposed those roles for you, you're various abilities would have been far more useful to counter them.

I made the mistake of assuming a tracker wouldn't give any kind of soft claim unless they had tracked somebody doing something scummy. That combined with what appeared to be a roleblock and us assuming the JJ was a watcher made it seem certain that ChopBam was the role blocker.

10 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

To be perfectly honest, I don't know how Nod could win this game without major luck if they went up against a competent town.

You were all doing just fine until Jeod shot TheIrishMan when Irish was about to be lynched anyway.

Just now, ChopBam said:

You were all doing just fine until Jeod shot TheIrishMan when Irish was about to be lynched anyway.

The way I saw it, if Jeod had shot Shade (or done nothing), a smart town should have lynched Jeod the next day regardless (or shot him). Maybe that would have still been winnable, but that would have only been due to inactive town and the early hammer mechanic.

@OrangeP47 I think I come off as nice is

A) Because I am

B) I have trouble collecting/remembering all my thoughts/impressions so I start doubting myself. I don't think I ever mentioned suspecting chopbam because he was the second vote on the iLTS train. Combined with the difference in effort put into arguing for it between Voe and Chopbam I thought he was a bad guy.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

His slip wasn't that bad, though, he could have tried to say that he just forgot which unit he was.

Honestly I would have believed it. He could go on about the pills or something. It was strange though hearing him say he was Umagon when I myself was Umagon.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

The way I saw it, if Jeod had shot Shade (or done nothing), a smart town should have lynched Jeod the next day regardless (or shot him). Maybe that would have still been winnable, but that would have only been due to inactive town and the early hammer mechanic.

I think nothing was the best play there. I wasn't paying any real attention to Jeod because I was torn trying to figure out the iLTS/Voe situation until he shot.