[GAME OVER] Apocalypse Rising Mafia I

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

12 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Though this is slightly better than suddenly mind-melding with Shade, I'll admit.

I wouldn't mind if Shade decided to die quicker this game.

Unfortunately, I bought Galactic Civilizations 3 right before the game started and I have fallen ill with One More Turn Syndrome...

I've now read through and I'm mostly caught up. Unfortunately, I have a pretty solid town read on Shade right now so he's got to stick around. I don't have much more to go off yet.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

Unfortunately, I bought Galactic Civilizations 3 right before the game started and I have fallen ill with One More Turn Syndrome...

I've now read through and I'm mostly caught up. Unfortunately, I have a pretty solid town read on Shade right now so he's got to stick around. I don't have much more to go off yet.

Is the game any good?

I haven't played 3, or 2 for that matter, but the original GC was an incredibly great game.  The AI was insanely good, and I don't mean "just steamroll you good", it could actually think and plan not just militarily but economically.  If it was losing a war to a superior force, it's smart enough to know to hit and run your trade routes so your economy collapses and you're forced to disband your massive navy, for instance.  I don't know if they're still floating around the internet, but the designer of the AI system did some AARs that were actually very good where he not only plays the game, but explains how the AI is coming to the decisions it makes as he's playing it, and, spoiler alert, of the 5 he posted, he only won 2 games I think, the AI is that good.

1 minute ago, Mojoman said:

Also @Voe, retal already explained his reason as essentially being 'bants'. My main concern is the lack of shooting back on oranges part. But I'm not much of one to talk after last game.

While I'm not gonna town read Retal, and indeed, he's ever so slightly below neutral for me, I'm not gonna shoot back over memeing. (Unless I'm memeing myself)

2 minutes ago, Anon_Kat said:

No feelings

Nothing at all? It may not have been as eventful as past games, but there is at least stuff worthy of thinking about.  Is it because you're still neutral on everyone, or because you just haven't thought about things?

Right, I'm half way curious to hear this, so @OrangeP47, do some wagonomics and analysis the votes so far.

PLAYER VOTE
Killing_You Retaliation
FRAYDO  
Category 5 Hurricane  
Mojoman Anon_Kat
iLikeToSnipe  
Anon_Kat Mojoman
OrangeP47  
Shade939  
Retaliation Mojoman
Chopbam Killing_You
TheIrishMan  
Voe OrangeP47
LEADER  

10 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I do hope you agree, though, that conscripts shouldn't just mass-out though.

Actually I'm kinda on the fence about it. I don't think I would put up a fight about it either way. While it's true that a miss result strongly suggests a Conscript role, by contrast any result other than miss doesn't say a whole lot. And the chances of getting a miss as a Conscript is still only 56%.

Having 2 or 3 Conscripts effectively cleared though, could be powerful. That could be a strong town core and could flip Mafia into wanting to kill the clears rather than the power roles.