[GAME OVER] Apocalypse Rising Mafia I

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

8 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

To be fair, Orange fell into this category and he also voted iLTS day 1, which kept him under my sights. Didn't really consider Irish as having been a conscript.

If he had actually gotten a miss result it would have been a pretty long time before we found him with that vote.

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

If he had actually gotten a miss result it would have been a pretty long time before we found him with that vote.

I did do a brief doubletake when his shot landed, but for the other reasons I just considered it a lucky-but-not-lucky hit. Sneaky bastard. :V

6 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

I did do a brief doubletake when his shot landed, but for the other reasons I just considered it a lucky-but-not-lucky hit. Sneaky bastard. :V

I started sussing him again since that was the exact sort of play I'd expect the Mirage Tank to make. Or an unlucky and bad Conscript shot to make.

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

I started sussing him again since that was the exact sort of play I'd expect the Mirage Tank to make. Or an unlucky and bad Conscript shot to make.

As scum, all you really need is a plausible reason to off a town, and I had one, and I took it, so yeah, this is the correct conclusion, but it is also how I play as town because I take shots as town.  If the game progressed I'd probably complain you all wanted me to shoot back at Retal and I finally did, even if it was mostly Mojo pushing for that :v

17 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

As scum, all you really need is a plausible reason to off a town, and I had one, and I took it, so yeah, this is the correct conclusion, but it is also how I play as town because I take shots as town.  If the game progressed I'd probably complain you all wanted me to shoot back at Retal and I finally did, even if it was mostly Mojo pushing for that :v

And a good Town player would have waited even if they planned on shooting today for more information.

4 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

I would have claimed something else, but I had Voe pushing on me and 4 (?) conscript claims at the time, I wanted to make sure I didn't throw any more suspicion on Orange.

Orange obviously couldn't claim radar tower, and you being the Spy with 100% stuck chance--you were designed to cc radar. I think you could have lasted a while if you had gone in with that plan.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Orange obviously couldn't claim radar tower, and you being the Spy with 100% stuck chance--you were designed to cc radar. I think you could have lasted a while if you had gone in with that plan.

I mean to be fair part of it was just for shits and giggles.

3 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

For those curious, I literally have a (benign) brain tumor.

That explains why you keep shooting me /s

2 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Also @Retaliation

In regards to "you are both more and less clever than you think you are" that's because it was quite the complicated gambit, but people pulling it frequently forget that the other players have info that they themselves don't have.  Therefore, the mere act of suggesting you're playing smart generally gives away the secret that you're not the role you're claiming to be.

I count the play as a win. I didn't expect it to be taken seriously at all because of my initial reaction to the stuck result D1.

I knew I had to get myself offed there to make the discussion something other than "Is retal scum" because the stuck and roleblock combo was so bad. I was hoping town would read more into the shots on me than they did though.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

I count the play as a win. I didn't expect it to be taken seriously at all because of my initial reaction to the stuck result D1.

I knew I had to get myself offed there to make the discussion something other than "Is retal scum" because the stuck and roleblock combo was so bad. I was hoping town would read more into the shots on me than they did though.

Honestly, I was afraid you were going to say something *actually smart* once you stopped goofing around and wanted to make sure you died before we got to that point.

7 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

To be fair, you could have just waited, a day one shot is still a risky day one shot for mafia, so you're basically either an incredibly bold Spy going for a really risky play or unlucky Town.

The roleblock thing was suspicious but I would have credited it to you wanting to prove you were Town since you're options to do so are extremely limited as a conscript after your shot, so stressing how you didn't make the kill last night.

5 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Honestly, I was afraid you were going to say something *actually smart* once you stopped goofing around and wanted to make sure you died before we got to that point.

I think I would have eventually figured out mojo was scum without the help of dead doc spoilers so that was a good call.

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

To be fair, you could have just waited, a day one shot is still a risky day one shot for mafia, so you're basically either an incredibly bold Spy going for a really risky play or unlucky Town.

The roleblock thing was suspicious but I would have credited it to you wanting to prove you were Town since you're options to do so are extremely limited as a conscript after your shot, so stressing how you didn't make the kill last night.

I wanted to meme shoot Orange so I meme shot Orange. Louis told me in the dead doc that my result was actually miss so my roleblock ploy almost worked :v.

My logic on roleblocked + non stuck result being a full clear was correct, right?

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

My logic on roleblocked + non stuck result being a full clear was correct, right?

Only because the Spy knows if they found the Radar Tower if they use there ability on them, so they can use their ability to Cop hunt. Otherwise, it's basically a completely random shot in the dark that you don't even know if it worked or not, so you might as well commit the NK as play the odds as the Spy.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Only because the Spy knows if they found the Radar Tower if they use there ability on them, so they can use their ability to Cop hunt. Otherwise, it's basically a completely random shot in the dark that you don't even know if it worked or not, so you might as well commit the NK as play the odds as the Spy.

I've been misreading the spy's infiltrate action as the TSR's spy action all game.

51 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

It's still a very strong town indicator because it requires scum to use their roles inefficiently.

Not as much in the case of the spy.

You only have a 11% chance of targeting the Cop if you can't eliminate any players day one. Then it's still a minuscule difference at higher numbers with only a 20% chance if you can eliminate four Town players.

Realistically, the Spy's ability doesn't really come into play until after the Cop outs themselves first based on the odds.

9 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

You act like 1/9 is bad odds, but it's fantastic odds for something that can completely screw over town with nearly no apparent risk to scum. It's not very obvious that the tesla trooper could become a pseudo cop with the sniper dead.

If KY blocked the Spy then the Mirage Tank could lie about being roleblocked instead.

Holy crap, GG already? I think that's a new record!

This was pretty good, and I do like the setup. I'm proud of myself for nailing scum D1 as well.

I agree with Jeod that we could add more to the setups to increase game length, though it looks like we're going in two different directions. AR Mafia 2 seems to have a storyline, while I'm going to open the floor in TSR Mafia 2 to Neutrals and TPs, within reason. More roles and more mechanics to look out for, all tools in the box to hunt down and root out scum/hide from and screw over town.

And that's ignoring any counterclaims that can result from claiming you were roleblocked while targeting someone.

Or the fact that you probably don't want to claim you were roleblocked while using your ability to try and visit someone and out to Mafia that you're not a Conscript.

7 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Holy crap, GG already? I think that's a new record!

This was pretty good, and I do like the setup. I'm proud of myself for nailing scum D1 as well.

I agree with Jeod that we could add more to the setups to increase game length, though it looks like we're going in two different directions. AR Mafia 2 seems to have a storyline, while I'm going to open the floor in TSR Mafia 2 to Neutrals and TPs, within reason. More roles and more mechanics to look out for, all tools in the box to hunt down and root out scum/hide from and screw over town.

Obscuring stats and the results of shots would do a lot to help scum.

24 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Obscuring stats and the results of shots would do a lot to help scum.

I've thought about that. Have a jammer in play to obscure results until it's destroyed.

That being said, I really don't think it's as much of a game changer as people are saying it is., especially if most of the daykills have a low kill chance. 

44 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

I've thought about that. Have a jammer in play to obscure results until it's destroyed.

That being said, I really don't think it's as much of a game changer as people are saying it is., especially if most of the daykills have a low kill chance. 

It can be used to hurt town or scum. But it seems in practice to start out as being pro-town but then it quickly narrows down who is who as people die and roles flip. Overall, that's going to favor town more than scum.

I do like how it can be used, but it seems to have too much of an impact on the game compared to standard scum hunting.