[GAME OVER] Tiberian Sun: Reborn Mafia II

Killing_You

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

As I said in the scum doc, as part of my routine, I tried to actually believe my own lie, so at points it was quite the trip.

The devil's tongue thing was a test to see if I could get mojo to waste his shot btw. In hindsight it didn't really make any sense.

Just now, Retaliation said:

The devil's tongue thing was a test to see if I could get mojo to waste his shot btw. In hindsight it didn't really make any sense.

Part of me was just slinging shit around trying to see what would stick, hoping someone would come up with their own theory and then associate me with it, so I was very happy when Chop did that for a time.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Part of me was just slinging shit around trying to see what would stick, hoping someone would come up with their own theory and then associate me with it, so I was very happy when Chop did that for a time.

It's the same thing cat5 did to me in kaiju mafia where I had a good read but didn't commit in the end except I didn't have iLTS to save me this time.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

Ah, I tend to use scum as if it's synonymous with mafia lately. I don't know when or why I started doing that. I knew he could have been TP.

No I was referring to your brainstorming with Jeod and the number it did on you when I shot him :v

3 hours ago, Killing_You said:

Honestly, I could SWEAR the idea that cults dying if they target scum was something mentioned several times in the past. Is that not normal, and just something some people have accepted for whatever reason?

As has been said, it's normal either way. Cults are terribly hard to balance because they can win so quickly. Without day actions and this number of players, the Cult has the fastest possible win, needing the leader to survive two nights and convert two players. Even a perfect Town play can't win fast enough, unless the Cult leader is among the first two lynches. As such Cults are very swingy. They either win easily or lose hard. There is rarely an inbetween, and as such cults aren't a popular mechanic. Include the dynamic that players don't like having their alignments switched, cults will always leave someone unhappy.

If I'm not mistaken, the only thing preventing Jeod from converting was Retaliation jailing him or his target, or Jeod trying to convert Mafia. On N1 Jeod had a 25% chance of targeting Mafia, mixed with a 25% chance that either Jeod or Jeod's target would be jailed. Meaning overall, something like 18% chance of death, and something like a total chance of 42% that he dies or fails to convert. (I'm not totally sure I'm doing the math on this right, I feel like something is off. Mixing percentages is weird.)

The chances of both would be higher on N2, provided that Retaliation and neither scum were killed or lynched. If either Retaliation or scum are killed, then both of those chances go way down and Jeod's path becomes very easy. Just needs two nights.

Edit I'm also leaving out the chance that the converted target gets NKed or lynched, but that's just too much to factor in over this.

Edited by Category 5 Hurricane

31 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

As has been said, it's normal either way. Cults are terribly hard to balance because they can win so quickly. Without day actions and this number of players, the Cult has the fastest possible win, needing the leader to survive two nights and convert two players. Even a perfect Town play can't win fast enough, unless the Cult leader is among the first two lynches. As such Cults are very swingy. They either win easily or lose hard. There is rarely an inbetween, and as such cults aren't a popular mechanic. Include the dynamic that players don't like having their alignments switched, cults will always leave someone unhappy.

If I'm not mistaken, the only thing preventing Jeod from converting was Retaliation jailing him or his target, or Jeod trying to convert Mafia. On N1 Jeod had a 25% chance of targeting Mafia, mixed with a 25% chance that either Jeod or Jeod's target would be jailed. Meaning overall, something like 18% chance of death, and something like a total chance of 42% that he dies or fails to convert. (I'm not totally sure I'm doing the math on this right, I feel like something is off. Mixing percentages is weird.)

The chances of both would be higher on N2, provided that Retaliation and neither scum were killed or lynched. If either Retaliation or scum are killed, then both of those chances go way down and Jeod's path becomes very easy. Just needs two nights.

Edit I'm also leaving out the chance that the converted target gets NKed or lynched, but that's just too much to factor in over this.

Yeah, and that's precisely why all of the power roles were the way they were. Riot Trooper could stop conversions, Umagon could track them, Cadre could search for the Reaper or Cyborgs, and the Disc Thrower and Rocket Soldier could both stop the Reaper right then and there. Even then, I was worried that the Reaper would be too powerful.

4 hours ago, Killing_You said:

Anyway, regarding early hammer: The reason I like it and why it's a continued feature of TSR Mafia is twofold: It forces people to think about their votes, and it opens the door for Town to end the game early if they believe they know who scum is.  Keeping an eye on the majority is important throughout the day phase and not just the last few hours.

As someone who effectively used early hammer to our benefit, I was a fan of it. :v

29 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Yeah when you put it that way I guess I really just got super unlucky.

Also, though it'd be a lie to say I was 100% sure you were a vehicle, I was like 75% sure you were a vehicle ever since you said "I'm 98% sure I know what one of the scum roles is".  Remember what I told Retal last time.  Any time you signal that you have insider info, you're tipping your own hand.  That's the other reason I shot you, other than you tunneling me and Retal being more mailable.  I was pretty sure I'd actually get the kill.  I was 100% ready to just peace out after killing you if you were the wolverine, but the fact that you were not actually convinced me not to give up.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Also, though it'd be a lie to say I was 100% sure you were a vehicle, I was like 75% sure you were a vehicle ever since you said "I'm 98% sure I know what one of the scum roles is".  Remember what I told Retal last time.  Any time you signal that you have insider info, you're tipping your own hand.  That's the other reason I shot you, other than you tunneling me and Retal being more mailable.  I was pretty sure I'd actually get the kill.  I was 100% ready to just peace out after killing you if you were the wolverine, but the fact that you were not actually convinced me not to give up.

Like I had typed out "Aight, I'm gonna head out" giving up the routine that I wasn't really silenced in prep for you flipping wolverine, had my finger over submit, was just waiting for the KY post, and then you didn't flip wolverine.