[GAME OVER] Apocalypse Rising Mafia II: Dark Night

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

4 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I was more concerned about your power/water situation, since those might take longer to come back after it warms up. But, since you both are able to access the net and haven't mentioned dying, I'll assume it's fine to start the game at the usual planned time--in 4.5 hours or so.

The only problem is if something else happens to take those services offline, which is possible knowing how well Texas and it's drivers are when it comes to icy roads. An event which usually happens at most for a day or two after several years or decades maybe.

4 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

The only problem is if something else happens to take those services offline, which is possible knowing how well Texas and it's drivers are when it comes to icy roads. An event which usually happens at most for a day or two after several years or decades maybe.

It's called target fixation, and it's a problem everywhere.  It's why that tree that had no tree neighbors for literally 200 miles in any direction in the Sahara Desert got taken out by a drunk driver in like 2011.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

It's called target fixation, and it's a problem everywhere.  It's why that tree that had no tree neighbors for literally 200 miles in any direction in the Sahara Desert got taken out by a drunk driver in like 2011.

I'm not making this up.

5 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Or a lack of knowledge about how ice works, so hills should be avoided, and you certainly shouldn't brake while going up them.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Or a lack of knowledge about how ice works, so hills should be avoided, and you certainly shouldn't brake while going up them.

There are an infinite number of ways to crash, it takes target fixation to crash into the transformer, which happens at an exceptionally high rate.

There are an infinite number of ways to crash, it takes target fixation to crash into the transformer, which happens at an exceptionally high rate.

Also see:  The damn farmer running over my DSL hookup box every spring.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

The truly sad thing is that I have done nothing but sit in my home for the last year and am not on that list.

It's the only way to get a ranking by posts, it's a normally hidden page, and it only shows the top 8... they really don't want to encourage us... Shame, because it's a really cool stats feature and has a nice layout.

DAY ONE

Attention, comrades! Premier Romanov has ordered two nuclear missile launches to target the European Allied nations. This will eliminate any hope of a response to our strike in Chicago. Preparations for launch are underway--approximately five days from now (Day 5) we will be ready. Until then, ensure the Allies don't interfere with the launch schedule.

The Soviets (town) are victorious if they eliminate all hostile factions or if the Missile Silos survive to Day 5 unsabotaged.

The Allies (mafia) are victorious if they can match the day votes in numbers. Sabotaging the Missile Silos will simply remove the timed victory condition for the Soviets.

If there is a third party, their win condition is classified.

Company of Heroes 2 meets Red Alert 2 - Nuclear Missile ...

Day 1 ends in 48.5 hours and may be extended a further 24 hours based on activity and need.

The other reason was legit though, and then I somehow galaxy brained that Jeod was Third Party when it really should have been Anon.

I think it's more likely you shot the player who was accusing you of being Scum and got really lucky he was a TP vehicle so you had a 100% kill chance on him.

Just now, Louis said:

Orange is scum because he didn't post first!!!

I'm being mesmerized by the white abyss outside my window.  Shockingly I've not developed a migraine yet today though.  Can't look away because I'm expecting a package though with tracking updates it probably won't arrive today.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

I think it's more likely you shot the player who was accusing you of being Scum and got really lucky he was a TP vehicle so you had a 100% kill chance on him.

I was sure he was a vehicle.  I mostly shot him though because Retal is more maleable.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

The other reason was legit though, and then I somehow galaxy brained that Jeod was Third Party when it really should have been Anon.

I think Anon read the third party thing the same way I originally did; as a statement there was a third party instead of there could be one (there's always one though).

3 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

All Allied spies are ordered to report to guardhouse ретаил for mandatory papers check.

On a random note, I'm guessing we have a Spy and Sniper in game for the allied roles.

And I think I can hazard a decent guess at what Soviet roles are in game also, since we have at least one Missile Silo that the game is built around.