[GAME OVER] Apocalypse Rising Mafia II: Dark Night

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

21 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

Maybe the thing we're missing is that Coolrock was actually turned into part of a cult.

I had considered it.  Not knowing that you're not supposed to give away that you're turned would explain why nobody else has come forward (among a few other possibilities).  Also possible is that it's true it didn't work on him, but it did work on someone else, hence why they haven't spoken up.  I'm not sure how much stock I'd put in a cult this game though.

Also I'm going to have to start quoting Hubert when arguing with Shade.

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

I had considered it.  Not knowing that you're not supposed to give away that you're turned would explain why nobody else has come forward (among a few other possibilities).  Also possible is that it's true it didn't work on him, but it did work on someone else, hence why they haven't spoken up.  I'm not sure how much stock I'd put in a cult this game though.

Also I'm going to have to start quoting Hubert when arguing with Shade.

Is there a rule stating you can’t give away that you were mind controlled?

1 minute ago, Coolrock said:

Outing that you were alignment changed is generally considered "game throwing".  However, most people get so mad at having their alignment changed most places that play mafia forbid games from having alignment changing roles to prevent anyone from throwing a fit and ruining a game by game throwing, just to avoid the issue entirely.  On those sites, if a game includes a cult or alignment change, it's generally an open secret.  However, we're one of the few places that doesn't really care, so the mechanic can come up by surprise, though in general if you're converted to a cult and at day start yell I'M A CULTIST NOW that would be seriously frowned upon.

2 minutes ago, Coolrock said:

He's specifically referring to you being mind controlled into serving the TP, so your victory condition would switch over to the TP victory condition also and you wouldn't want to reveal you're also a TP now.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Outing that you were alignment changed is generally considered "game throwing".  However, most people get so mad at having their alignment changed most places that play mafia forbid games from having alignment changing roles to prevent anyone from throwing a fit and ruining a game by game throwing, just to avoid the issue entirely.  On those sites, if a game includes a cult or alignment change, it's generally an open secret.  However, we're one of the few places that doesn't really care, so the mechanic can come up by surprise, though in general if you're converted to a cult and at day start yell I'M A CULTIST NOW that would be seriously frowned upon.

IE if you're converted you're supposed to play along, but a lot of people in the wider mafia world (not here) have trouble with that so many sites avoid it entirely.

16 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

He's specifically referring to you being mind controlled into serving the TP, so your victory condition would switch over to the TP victory condition also and you wouldn't want to reveal you're also a TP now.

I know. I was just generally curious if there was anything against announcing what you were besides just being frowned upon in that situation. 

1 minute ago, Coolrock said:

I know. I was just generally curious if there was anything against announcing what you were besides just being frowned upon in that situation. 

Technically it's not against the rules.  What's against the rules is "losing on purpose".

Hell, I've seen people announce at the start of the game they were scum, RP it, and win, and that's generally considered epic lols.  I told FRAYDO about somebody doing that on MU awhile back which is why he almost attempted it last game.

37 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Technically it's not against the rules.  What's against the rules is "losing on purpose".

Hell, I've seen people announce at the start of the game they were scum, RP it, and win, and that's generally considered epic lols.  I told FRAYDO about somebody doing that on MU awhile back which is why he almost attempted it last game.

I got you. I’ll keep that in mind for the future :)

3 hours ago, Mojoman said:

Maybe the thing we're missing is that Coolrock was actually turned into part of a cult.

I'm actually going back and forth between thinking that Mafia just sat on their hands N1, or that what happened to Coolrock was the NK attempt and it just failed for reasons we can't know.

9 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm actually going back and forth between thinking that Mafia just sat on their hands N1, or that what happened to Coolrock was the NK attempt and it just failed for reasons we can't know.

Allies with a NK that messes with your head?

Just now, Coolrock said:

Allies with a NK that messes with your head?

That's the question that makes me think they must have sat on their hands. It doesn't seem like it would fit any possible Allied roles. However, I'm still not so much of a fan at the idea of mafia intentionally failing to NK because of the inherent risk that it backfires in the case that Shade picks to roleblock mafia. So I'm still considering other possibilities.

47 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

That said, if scum did intentionally fail to NK, I'm pretty sure OrangeP47 would be the #1 guy to take the gamble. Pretty sure he has done it previously. I'm certain Retaliation did once, and was going to be part of my case on him.

Me? Mr. "we have to kill all the time every time no lynch is a travesty?"

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Me? Mr. "we have to kill all the time every time no lynch is a travesty?"

Though seriously, I don't recall having done it previously, though maybe a team with me on it did, but if it did happen it wasn't my idea. I can't recall.

34 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Hey guys I just learned how to do this.  😊✌❤😍👌🙄🤩🤔🤨

Windows key + . gives you more emojis you can use in anything, now I'm gonna be extra-annoying.

Did you know you can also use that to scroll over and get more...types of emoji and symbols?
ヾ(•ω•`)o\( ̄︶ ̄*\))(*  ̄3)(ε ̄ *)-O-(* ̄3 ̄)╭( ´・・)ノ(._.`)

2 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

That said, if scum did intentionally fail to NK, I'm pretty sure OrangeP47 would be the #1 guy to take the gamble. Pretty sure he has done it previously. I'm certain Retaliation did once, and was going to be part of my case on him.

Orange did make the gamble last time of faking silencing. He's a bold/adventurous one, that's for sure.

2 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Did you know you can also use that to scroll over and get more...types of emoji and symbols?
ヾ(•ω•`)o\( ̄︶ ̄*\))(*  ̄3)(ε ̄ *)-O-(* ̄3 ̄)╭( ´・・)ノ(._.`)

Yeah I decided not to exhaust all the potential in one go.

3 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Orange did make the gamble last time of faking silencing. He's a bold/adventurous one, that's for sure.

And as I said, even in the post game then, that was FRAYDO's idea.  We just decided it'd be better if I pulled it off because it'd be more belivable.

But look, how about some productive conversation.

I think Coolrock *believes* Anon is the silo, but we don't actually know that.  So I think the cover for the silo is still intact.  I'd case Anon harder, as really, it's valid, but if we're wrong it'd take that cover right away again or maybe he really is the silo.  Maybe this isn't productive because really I'm just saying I'm not happy, but I think the other point is hopefully the silo does still have some cover.

18 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

But look, how about some productive conversation.

I think Coolrock *believes* Anon is the silo, but we don't actually know that.  So I think the cover for the silo is still intact.  I'd case Anon harder, as really, it's valid, but if we're wrong it'd take that cover right away again or maybe he really is the silo.  Maybe this isn't productive because really I'm just saying I'm not happy, but I think the other point is hopefully the silo does still have some cover.

I confirmed. My skill allows me to locate the Silo.