Community Balance Feedback

Coolrock

On 2/18/2021 at 3:20 AM, Coolrock said:

Attack Dogs! :v

Y e s, theese good bois were needed in this game for too long now, jus make them faster then all of infantry and deal no nmg to vehicles,buildings and ez counter to any infantry, also make them see through spy disquise.

4 hours ago, cnclol said:

Y e s, theese good bois were needed in this game for too long now, jus make them faster then all of infantry and deal no nmg to vehicles,buildings and ez counter to any infantry, also make them see through spy disquise.

That's how they've currently been implemented in AR. And let me tell you, they're broken in that form. They will need a massive rethink if they want to become a good part of the game.

21 hours ago, Nodlied said:

That's how they've currently been implemented in AR. And let me tell you, they're broken in that form. They will need a massive rethink if they want to become a good part of the game.

APB could have an AI unit that does an attack of zero damage which is a bark sound that just follows spies around?

On 2/20/2021 at 1:25 AM, NodGuy said:

It is slightly longer. I’ve noticed it too and it can be annoying. 

Oh phew! Glad I'm not crazy. It can be just a little bit frustrating because I tend to zap a bit too early and end up looking like a fool.

On 2/27/2021 at 5:31 PM, 1000MammothTanks said:

The service depot shouldn't cost money to use. Infantry refills are free so tank repairs should also be free.  Not to mention, the help message that displays when you drive on doesn't even say repairs cost money!

I can not tell if this is sarcastic, however for the sake of clarity for someone who has never played before having repairs start with a button press similar to the selling mechanic might make sense 

On 2/21/2021 at 8:37 AM, Raptor29aa said:

APB could have an AI unit that does an attack of zero damage which is a bark sound that just follows spies around?

I like this idea, make Attack dogs buyable AI's that cost around 250-300 credits, and they follow the buyer around until the buyer dies, or the dog is killed, unless the dog "Picks up the scent" of a spy within a certain radius of the buyer and goes to the spy, allowing the buyer to attack/kill the spy.  Kinda like DDog in MGSV, also "sniff out mines" would be a cool addition to attack dogs.

Edited by Tank_Killer

The best idea for implementing attack dogs I've heard in over a decade is the Kennel functions like an anti spy scanner that plays bark noises and maybe even a dog model that shadows the spy.

I also have to report the sad news that I agree with Threve (:^O) that APB is as balanced as a game can get. Please, you can change maps, models, skins. Don't change the balance again outside of unit tweaks.

Edited by GibbletsnBits

On 3/5/2021 at 12:54 AM, Bluesummers said:

I can not tell if this is sarcastic, however for the sake of clarity for someone who has never played before having repairs start with a button press similar to the selling mechanic might make sense 

That's how it used to be, I still find myself hitting "." when I get on an SD to start repairs.

• 5 months later...

Reviving this thread to say MAD tanks costs too much for what they do. They cost as much as a demo truck but it is almost never worth it to buy a MAD tank over a demo truck. They both fall into the same niche and have the same downside (defenseless) but MAD tanks are so much slower and you need at least 3 of them to be any significant threat, which is just too much manpower and credits to ask given the low player base.