Auto exit

TK-421

On 2/23/2021 at 4:38 PM, TK-421 said:

For some reason, whenever I try APB it automatically exits before I get to the loading screen.

I've repaired, done a complete uninstall (thanks revo!) and nothing works.

Apologies for only noticing this now. I assume you are referring to APB Delta (not Beta)?

Have you tried seeing if the game runs in single player mode at all?

Your OS version and GPU model may also be helpful information.

Check in the C:\Users\USER\Documents\W3D Hub\games\apb-release\debug folder and see if the game is creating dump files when it crashes. If so, please compress the most recent one into a zip or 7z file and upload here for analysis.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Dghelneshi said:

Betting on anti-virus here too. AVG and Avast (same company) are known to flag our game for whatever reason and shut it down immediately without any notification. Unfortunately we can't really do much about that on our end.

I am speculating of course, but it could be because 5.x games are (broadly speaking) a very "uncommon" piece of executable code, and they probably don't yet have a definition for it. Whereas 4.x and older versions bear much closer resemblance to the original 2002 Renegade exe, which I would expect them to have analyzed and "cleared" by now.

13 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I am speculating of course, but it could be because 5.x games are (broadly speaking) a very "uncommon" piece of executable code, and they probably don't yet have a definition for it. Whereas 4.x and older versions bear much closer resemblance to the original 2002 Renegade exe, which I would expect them to have analyzed and "cleared" by now.

AVG is known to have flagged literal "Hello World!" programs as viruses. If your executable is not signed by a big company and whitelisted it's pure luck whether you get blocked or not.

4 minutes ago, Dghelneshi said:

AVG is known to have flagged literal "Hello World!" programs as viruses. If your executable is not signed by a big company and whitelisted it's pure luck whether you get blocked or not.

Oh thats nice. I knew they had been steadily going downhill for over a decade, but really, that is impressive :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Oh thats nice. I knew they had been steadily going downhill for over a decade, but really, that is impressive :rolleyes:

Downhill?

1 hour ago, Dghelneshi said:

Fixed it.