TSR 1.5.6.7 Changelog

Coolrock

11 minutes ago, Trollek said:

Who was so amazingly stupid to push some of these changes and even to approve them?

This patch may be even worse, than 3.5.0 patch for APB.

Congrats

Try playing the game at least once before trying to patching it ;)

I’m curious about what you don’t like? At least explain what you dislike about the update so we have a chance to explain the reason for the change. This comment is as vague as the comment you left in the APB changelog (which also didn’t name what changes you didn’t like).

I agree with that, isn't the web the only thing that makes the reaper good? Might as well remove the reaper completely since the recon bike does it's role better maybe nerf it at least instead of removing it with a longer cool down. Not sure why the secondary fire is bad on the hover MLRS, there was nothing wrong with it.

Here, I will post my opinions about most changes in this update and why is it good / bad or totally dumb, to let you know why I am raging so much about it and discuss.

2 hours ago, Coolrock said:

-Rocket warhead effectiveness VS flying vehicles increased to 1 (was 0.8)

Overall quite good change, as units with rockets should work well as AA. Dunno if it applies to JJ, but because of it's HP nerf it doesn't matter that much.

Veterancy purged from all infantry units, effectively removing it from the game

Making it way less interesting. I hope it's just temporarily suspended for balance purposes, as this mechanics is gamechanging and makes playing infantey far more enjoyable.

-Umagon anti-vehicle C4 and Toxin Trooper Toxin Grenades removed
-Umagon and Toxin Trooper projectile gravity increased to 0.5 (from 0)

-Umagon rifle is no longer burst fire
-Umagon damage up to 33 (from 11)
-Umagon magazine size set to 8 (from 18)

-Toxin Trooper damage up to 30 (from 10)
-Toxin Soldier magazine size set to 10 (from 30)

I'm okay with that. They also keep their anti-vehicle dmg as I suppose.

-Cyborgs and Enforcers can now drive vehicles

Dunno bout cyborgs. They are already powerful on foot. Now they can also be agile. But...

-Cyborgs now have their arm cannon by default

With this change and no nerf, these thing should at least be more expensive. Or got their HP & magazine capacity nerfed. Now it's OP even more. Grats. (Yes, i keep in mind, that Veterancy is no longer a thing, but it's still to much for this unit)

-Disc Thrower secondary fire removed
-Disc Thrower Gravity changed to 0.5 (from 2.250)
-Disc Thrower Projectile velocity increased to 60 (was 40)
-Disc Thrower range reduced to 100 (was 180)

I hope, that Gravity reduction will be enough, but still I don't know about this change. It may be less situational, but with range reduction and no alt fire, it may become unit only for rushing structures, or defending base.

-Riot Trooper moved up on the purchase list
-Riot Trooper Price reduced to 400 (from 700)
-Shotgun Slug ammo cost reduced to 1 (from 2)
-EMP mines removed from Riot Trooper

It makes sense. It's a little bit of shame tho, they don't have EMPs anymore, but these should be at least nerfed hard. It's another gameplay mechanics that goes to trash.

-JumpJet armor reduced to 0 (from 40)

As I said earlier. HP reduction is ok. If rockets change also applies, it may be too much of a nerf.

3 hours ago, Coolrock said:

-Elite Cadre Grenade Launcher now has unlimited ammo

New disc throwers. I already see them camping on cliffs above GDI base etc, making use of their nades gravity factor. But not imba I think. Just very annoying when used correctly. And this is good change overall imo.

-Confessor Rifle damage boosted to 18 (from 14)

Making it effectively all-rounder. Good change for vehs and buildings. Not so much for infantry. Remove burning damage and it will be ok.

-Cyborg Commando speed increased to 6 (from 5.5)
-Cyborg Commando now has a flamethrower secondary fire

Dumbest change you could ever done to the already overpowered unit. Even with veterancy removal, it will shit on everyone and everything. Nerf it's HP AT LEAST to 450 or 425. Ghostalker is now even more shittier in comparison to CC, than it was. And, oh yes, EMP mines don't exist anymore ;)

-Wolverine Targeting Range increased to 85 (was 75)
-Wolverine MaxEngineTorque increased to 5000 (was 4750)

More Wolvie rushes, but it's OK change.

-Hover MRLS secondary fire removed

Another alternative/posibility/you name it - goes right into the trash.

-Disruptor Health/Armor increased to 500/500 (was 450/450)
-Disruptor now uses Heavy armor (was Medium)

Good change. If they were caught on field, they were usually dead a moment later. And now it will profit from enemy inattention, when it comes to assaulting bases.

-Juggernaut Splash Radius increased to 15 (was 12.5)

I think, you should do something with Nod Arty instead. I hope you will do something about it in the upcoming updates.

-ORCA Fighter range increased to 120 (was 90)
-ORCA Bomber Splash Radius increased to 30 (was 15)
-ORCA Bomber Splash Damage increased to 130 (was 120)

I think it's a good change. But repairing Nod War Factory from inside when it's bombarded is now impossible, hope you knew it ;)

-Attack Cycle model & physics updated to handle far better, making for a smoother experience

FINALLY. Best change in this update.

-Tick Tank now uses the same emitter when deployed and undeployed

What does it even mean?

-MRV now has a repair beam
-MRV range increased to 12 (was 6)

Good change for beam. You never knew if it repairs or not. Now you will. And it won't be easier to use it with better range.

-Cyborg Reaper damage increased to 40 (was 35)
-Cyborg Reaper web removed

Reaper damage wasn't good enough, but on the other hand, it's shape was tricky to shoot at. BUT DAMN, WHY THE F*** YOU REMOVED WEB?! YOu could make it so you cannot shoot after using web (As it was few years ago). But no, you removed f***ing another game mechanics because it was... I don't even know, it's just stupid decision.

-Harpy damage down to 6 (was 8 )

Better accuracy instead pls.

-Vulcan Cannon damage reduced to 6 (from 8 )
-RPG Turret damage reduced to 70 (from 80)
-RPG Turret now uses Rocket warhead, making it more effective against vehicles, but less effective against infantry

I don't know about that. I just don't know. GDI  base defs were already easier to kill than Nod ones. But those were sometimes super annoying. We will se how it will work.

Ion Storms have been removed from most levels.

Good. Annoying shiit. Though, I would rather make them less likely than remove entirely on some maps.. And add "Ion Storm Approaching" notification.

TS_Isles

- New back amphibious routes to the Nod base

This one is good. But only followed with placing sams on cliffs, so they can make Orcas bombing War Factory or engis storming PP harder.

- GDI base defenses no longer float

But still die after just a few shots, huh?

- New vehicles have been added leading into the side of each base
- New vehicle routes have been added along with tunnels leading into each base
- Some missing objects have been re-added
- Mutants and the Mammoth Tank have been removed from the middle area
- Crates will no longer float

Who even CARES? This map is unplayable because of grass and leaves made of fucking titanium. At least middle route is now valind with removal of those mutants.

Now, what's still missing?

- Rocket Soldier range nerf

- Ghostalker buff (swich armor into Health, so he can refill on tiberium, or add HP. And give him more speed, as you have done with CC)

- MKII auto cannon turret nerf (this shit has better dpm than mammoth railguns)

- Buggy and cycle need sth like handbrake. (Like in APB)

- Titan is still shit, because it cannot usually keep it's balance, making it super hard and annoying to use.

- fixing Mammy and literally every unit getting stuck everywhere.

- Better usage of gun slots (for chameleon spy or engi)

- DT's armor buff and gun handling

- Tick tank bug fix, where it cannot shoot after leaving it while deployed

- Probably some more, but I can't tell right now.

And regarding APB patch, I've posted everything that was wrong with it already ;)

32 minutes ago, Trollek said:

Here, I will post my opinions about most changes in this update and why is it good / bad or totally dumb, to let you know why I am raging so much about it and discuss.

Overall quite good change, as units with rockets should work well as AA. Dunno if it applies to JJ, but because of it's HP nerf it doesn't matter that much.

Making it way less interesting. I hope it's just temporarily suspended for balance purposes, as this mechanics is gamechanging and makes playing infantey far more enjoyable.

I'm okay with that. They also keep their anti-vehicle dmg as I suppose.

Dunno bout cyborgs. They are already powerful on foot. Now they can also be agile. But...

With this change and no nerf, these thing should at least be more expensive. Or got their HP & magazine capacity nerfed. Now it's OP even more. Grats. (Yes, i keep in mind, that Veterancy is no longer a thing, but it's still to much for this unit)

I hope, that Gravity reduction will be enough, but still I don't know about this change. It may be less situational, but with range reduction and no alt fire, it may become unit only for rushing structures, or defending base.

It makes sense. It's a little bit of shame tho, they don't have EMPs anymore, but these should be at least nerfed hard. It's another gameplay mechanics that goes to trash.

As I said earlier. HP reduction is ok. If rockets change also applies, it may be too much of a nerf.

New disc throwers. I already see them camping on cliffs above GDI base etc, making use of their nades gravity factor. But not imba I think. Just very annoying when used correctly. And this is good change overall imo.

Making it effectively all-rounder. Good change for vehs and buildings. Not so much for infantry. Remove burning damage and it will be ok.

Dumbest change you could ever done to the already overpowered unit. Even with veterancy removal, it will shit on everyone and everything. Nerf it's HP AT LEAST to 450 or 425. Ghostalker is now even more shittier in comparison to CC, than it was. And, oh yes, EMP mines don't exist anymore ;)

More Wolvie rushes, but it's OK change.

Good change. If they were caught on field, they were usually dead a moment later. And now it will profit from enemy inattention, when it comes to assaulting bases.

I think, you should do something with Nod Arty instead. I hope you will do something about it in the upcoming updates.

I think it's a good change. But repairing Nod War Factory from inside when it's bombarded is now impossible, hope you knew it ;)

FINALLY. Best change in this update.

What does it even mean?

Good change for beam. You never knew if it repairs or not. Now you will. And it won't be easier to use it with better range.

Reaper damage wasn't good enough, but on the other hand, it's shape was tricky to shoot at. BUT DAMN, WHY THE F*** YOU REMOVED WEB?! YOu could make it so you cannot shoot after using web (As it was few years ago). But no, you removed f***ing another game mechanics because it was... I don't even know, it's just stupid decision.

Better accuracy instead pls.

I don't know about that. I just don't know. GDI  base defs were already easier to kill than Nod ones. But those were sometimes super annoying. We will se how it will work.

Good. Annoying shiit. Though, I would rather make them less likely than remove entirely on some maps.. And add "Ion Storm Approaching" notification.

This one is good. But only followed with placing sams on cliffs, so they can make Orcas bombing War Factory or engis storming PP harder.

But still die after just a few shots, huh?

Who even CARES? This map is unplayable because of grass and leaves made of fucking titanium. At least middle route is now valind with removal of those mutants.

Now, what's still missing?

- Rocket Soldier range nerf

- Ghostalker buff (swich armor into Health, so he can refill on tiberium, or add HP. And give him more speed, as you have done with CC)

- MKII auto cannon turret nerf (this shit has better dpm than mammoth railguns)

- Titan is still shit, because it cannot usually keep it's balance, making it super hard and annoying to use.

- fixing Mammy and literally every unit getting stuck everywhere.

- Better usage of gun slots (for chameleon spy or engi)

- DT's armor buff and gun handling

- Probably some more, but I can't tell right now.

And regarding APB patch, I've posted everything that was wrong with it already ;)

I appreciate you taking the time to explain the issues. I’m sure a developer will be around to at least give feedback on why those changes were made that you’re upset about. At the very least, you don’t seem to hate the entire patch ;)

35 minutes ago, Trollek said:

BUT DAMN, WHY THE F*** YOU REMOVED WEB?! YOu could make it so you cannot shoot after using web (As it was few years ago). But no, you removed f***ing another game mechanics because it was... I don't even know, it's just stupid decision.

The web is a very badly designed mechanic, that is unfun to fight against. Basically it removes an enemy from the game, with no real counter-play. Re-introducing the old mechanic where you cannot shoot at all just spreads the frustration to both sides, as now neither player can actually play the game. It's planned to get a rework, but with the old engine build it's not possible.

37 minutes ago, Trollek said:

A better system is in the works, but with the old engine build and the bad design for veterancy (there's a complicated reason for this), it was decided to temporarily suspend it.

38 minutes ago, Trollek said:

With this change and no nerf, these thing should at least be more expensive. Or got their HP & magazine capacity nerfed. Now it's OP even more.

I have been made aware of Cyborg buffs being too much. Granted, GDI has their own near-OP counter in the Enforcer, which eats them for breakfast. Both units may receive nerfs in the future.

39 minutes ago, Trollek said:

GDI's Vulcan killed infantry too easily, but the RPG was not very good. Those changes serve to equalize them to make the Vulcan slightly worse, but in exchange for the RPG being better. Overall it's a nerf against infantry but a buff against vehicles.

40 minutes ago, Trollek said:

Auto-healing is incredibly powerful, possibly too much so. We'll see about the rest.

41 minutes ago, Trollek said:

Impossible for an old engine build, but 2.0 has this implemented fully.

42 minutes ago, Trollek said:

DT's armor buff and gun handling

Can't really improve the handling this version, 2.0 already completely reworked it to handle significantly better however.

43 minutes ago, Trollek said:

This is the first time I have heard of this, I'll look into it.

43 minutes ago, Trollek said:

There's a reason for this. The original secondary firemode was a burst-fire mode with four missiles... that was only good against Air units. It definitely didn't look the part, so new players who join just think it's a straight burst fire, and got frustrated with the lack of damage. When I was designing a new alternate fire mode back then, I thought of Tiberian Sun's HMLRS which could fire over walls; this is where the Siege Mode came in. However, this also had its own issues. We may look into a new or updated alternate fire mode, but for the game night we decided to cut it temporarily.

Hello GeneralCamo

I'm glad hearing those answers.

While we are still in the topic, I want to point out, that there is no Service depot for Nod and refill pads for both, which may be quite annoying.

MSGs are actually Mobile Lag Generators.

I have no "Unit ready" sound at all.

MRV still has no beam.

45 minutes ago, Trollek said:

While we are still in the topic, I want to point out, that there is no Service depot for Nod and refill pads for both, which may be quite annoying.

That is correct. We didn't have time to port the Service Depot from 2.0, and we do not even have refill pads yet.

1.6 is supposed to be a better release than 1.5. And with all the fixes that went into it in limited time, I have to say that it's much better than legacy 1.5.

5 minutes ago, forg0ten1 said:

as for the reaper web mechanic, i think it is perfectly fine, but just needs a longer reload time. Surely there must be a way to do this without interfering with his primary weapon reload time?

We really did try everything that was possible on this scripts version. Nothing worked, and it was decided to cut it for now and make it better in 2.0.

Umagon is great, as is Toxin Soldier. The Cyborg Cannon may be a bit too powerful for structures and vehicles. WhereIsMyMedal and I, were able to wreck havoc inside of GDI's base. Once Moonsense, MPRA2, WhereIsMyMedal, and I all grouped up and pushed with Cyborgs, we were able to destroy the majority of GDI's base.

The Cannon has an added benefit of being able to one shot kill most infantry.

11 hours ago, Guard55 said:

Umagon is great, as is Toxin Soldier. The Cyborg Cannon may be a bit too powerful for structures and vehicles. WhereIsMyMedal and I, were able to wreck havoc inside of GDI's base. Once Moonsense, MPRA2, WhereIsMyMedal, and I all grouped up and pushed with Cyborgs, we were able to destroy the majority of GDI's base.

The Cannon has an added benefit of being able to one shot kill most infantry.

Borgs cannon as well as flamethrower was for Elite cyborgs only. That's why it's so imba - because they didn't think about consequences of those changes.

I'd like to make some suggestions for another patch:

Cyborg Reaper:

• move faster
  • 4 Rockets
  • web

Forgotten Mammoth MKI tank:

• GDI should be able to buy them

Riot trooper:

• stun gun with short range against Infantry to stun them
  • Baton for close combat
  • 3 EMP GRENADES (mines sucks)
  • riot shield which blocks every damage from front side
  • move faster

Jumpjet:

• Should have a more powerful MG like the wolverine, some kind of hitscan AoE splash
  • move faster

Umagon:

• Should be squishable

Ghostalker:

• Should be squishable

Mutant Rebel:

• has SMG AND rocket launcher

tick tank:

• secondary MG fire
  • the tank shouldn't deploy like a tower but instead dig into the ground so only the cannon sticks outside the ground
  • self heal when deployed

Disc thrower:

• 3 EMP GRENADES

EMP tank:

• creates EMP field when deployed

Limped drone:

• Nod should be able to buy them
  • cloaked when deployed
  • insta kills every GDI vehicle which drives over it

Also both factions need lot more infantry units to choose from.

Well without revealing too much, I'm pretty sure MAJORITY of the issues encountered in 1.6 will be fixed/remedied...

46 minutes ago, Technologyofpeace said:

Cyborg Reaper:

• move faster
  • 4 Rockets
  • web

Riot trooper:

• Baton for close combat
  • move faster

Jumpjet:

• Should have a more powerful MG like the wolverine, some kind of hitscan AoE splash
  • move faster

Umagon:

• Should be squishable

Ghostalker:

• Should be squishable

Mutant Rebel:

tick tank:

• secondary MG fire
  • the tank shouldn't deploy like a tower but instead dig into the ground so only the cannon sticks outside the ground

Disc thrower:

• 3 EMP GRENADES

EMP tank:

Limped drone:

• cloaked when deployed

1. The Cyborg Reaper is getting a complete redesign as I was told, so I'm pretty sure a lot of us will be happy with the changes.

2. I don't think GDI should be able to "purchase" a TibDawn Mammoth tank, as it doesn't really make much sense lore wise, since the Mammoth Mk I was phased out of production in the interim years following the first tiberium war in favor of mechanized walkers like the Titan.

3. The Riot Trooper should be a bit more useful than soley CQC like he is in 1.6... I'm sure the team could find more toys to give him aside from just the shotgun, but the EMP grenades might be a nice idea.

4. I believe the JumpJet Trooper will be buffed a bit in 2.0, but I don't think a modified airboost version of the M16 Mk II Pulse Rifle should have an explosive area of effect.

5. Umagon and Ghost Stalkers honestly should be squishable along with any "biological" life form, not counting Cyborgs. Thats just my opinion.

6. Both factions are getting new toys in 2.0, I'll leave that up to you to speculate.

7. The Tick Tank, I'm pretty sure they'll look into an alternate fire mode but as for the deploying mechanic and self healing? I'm gonna have to say no on that one. Nod has a mobile repair vehicle that can effectively repair in the field, while GDI has to retreat back to a service depot, remember Engineers and Technicians can no longer repair vehicles, only structures.

8. The Disc Thrower should probably have a bit more splash damage, and a slightly better and controllable grenade. Its pretty difficult as is to accurately hit targets at anything beyond pistol range, especially if its a vehicle or infantry thats on the move. I don't think the Disc Thrower should get EMP grenades if we, lets say give the Riot Trooper EMP grenades.

9. No comment on that :P

10. No comment, other than it should not act like an Anti Vehicle mine.

As for the final point, Quality over Quantity... Reborn is not Interim Apex, and should not be saturated with so much content, that half of it either devolves into meme purchases, or just never gets used outside of the first 3 minutes of a match. Ontop of that, how could the dev team come up with lets say 5 more infantry and 3 more vehicles for both factions that would be completely new and were not in the Tiberian Sun games?

17 hours ago, Technologyofpeace said:

Cyborg Reaper:

• move faster
  • 4 Rockets
  • web

Riot trooper:

• Baton for close combat
  • move faster

Jumpjet:

• move faster

Umagon:

• Should be squishable

Ghostalker:

• Should be squishable

Mutant Rebel:

tick tank:

• secondary MG fire

Disc thrower:

• 3 EMP GRENADES

EMP tank:

Limped drone:

• cloaked when deployed

Excuse me... who are you? What is your name ingame? Cuz i've never seen your name in Reborn. It doesn't even look like you have much experience in it.

But i will comment each of your opinions, taking MPRA2 comment into consideration.

I see no reason beyond buffing reaper with speed and more rockets. Tho, they may should have little bit more range and lock-on mechanics. Web is a must for reaper, but as they said, it is suspended for rework. (Like they couldn't leave it as it is right now, because "it was too annoying").

Mammoth MK1 appearance in original TS is pretty limited  to campaign mission, where you can man them as these are abandoned, or find them in crates. Those should not be purchaseable. And I am glad they are not.

Riot trooper is an unit with plenty of possibilities. Baton sounds funny and maybe it is not a bad idea. But it's already close combat unit using shotgun. Also in TS, they really had stun guns or whatever it was to stun riot leaders and spook civilians. So I hope someone with better imagination will find something special for it. Shield may be too op tho. And please, no goddamn EMP grenades. If there is something really annoying, it wouldn't be Reaper's web, but EMP nades. Please, NEVER implement those. And regarding to movement, if they wouldn't have shields and be only close quarters, they may should be faster.

About jumpjet, what you 've just suggested is copletely trash. JJ is already quite powerful unit and fastest infantry ingame. It is already hard to hit them. Now they can at least be killed with guns, not only rockets.

Umagon: Afaik it is squshable.

Ghostalker: It shouldn't and I hope it will never be.

Yeah, why don't just make Rebel mutant only char possible? It has Gun and Rockets. It will be perfect all-rounder and everyone will buy it , because why not (ekhem... Cyborg). But i wouldn't mind putting such unit into crates, if those would exist in TSR 2.0.

Tick tank dig just a little into the ground. I think animation is taken from TS cutscene. Anyway, first, in orginal TS, they worked as towers or static defense, they didn't dig entirely into the ground. Second, it's burrowing claws are too small to burrow entire tank into the ground. And third... why? For what reason? And no regeneration when deployed. Those things already take less damage when deployed, have greater distance and maybe even better dpm (not sure with the last one tho). Regarding Machinegun, I tought about it a lot since I started playing Reborn. They have chaingun mounted on their turrets already. But on the other hand, Tanks couldn't use them in original TS. And if these would be implemented, Titans should get those too. And if so, machineguns shouldn't be too powerful, as ticks and titans are supposed to be anti tank and good enough to kill buildings and base defs, as they are now.

Disc throwers would be fun with alternative grenade type. But what type it should be tho? Definitely not EMP tho. DTs are already good against all vehicles.

EMP tanks will be implemented in 2.0 for both factions. I think...

Dunno about limpet. If it should exist and what should it do. Maybe Limpets should work like emp mines.

I think they took everything out of Original TS to put in reborn. There is not too much infantry in TS, I'm glad we have more than that in Reborn.