[GAME OVER] Warhammer 40,000 Mafia 3: On the Edge of Precipice

Retaliation
Message added by Retaliation,

6 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Yeah, that's probably for the best.  My LOL was in reference to this being an awfully lot of effort to just distill this back down to where we are in APB/TS mafias.

I had more ambitious plans, but with only 9 players and my first game with this system I'd rather be more conservative.

6 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, that said, I *do* like that the hit chance, etc, is dependent both on who we are and the weapon fired, not just on the weapon fired.  Adds a little something the other games don't have.  Apparently.  Unless I'm not understanding this.

You're right, that's the main advantage in how this game handles attacks versus the APB mafia style games.

9 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Do we not have night actions?

This is going to be a rather dull game for me. I'm used to having shiny god-tier roles. I'll just attempt to kill Shade at gamestart and then sit back while the rest of you mess this up without my top-tier meddling.

16 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, that said, I *do* like that the hit chance, etc, is dependent both on who we are and the weapon fired, not just on the weapon fired.  Adds a little something the other games don't have.  Apparently.  Unless I'm not understanding this.

I'd call it damage or wound chance probably, but yeah, more stats allows for a more in depth system with greater flexibility of how weapon attacks interact with the various roles.

49 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Makes a pact with Jeod to roll nothing but natural sixes, didn't know it also applied to their opponents saving throws against them.

Too bad FRAYDO has broken his curse or we could have him make a pact with Jeod to roll 1s.

56 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

ARE YOU STILL IN PART 1 I HAVE TO KNOW

Yeah, I've been really busy lately and also I did get like a bajillion games for my birthday so I've been splitting my attention.  Probably in the next day or two I'll do the mission with Remire Village something strange is happening there.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Yeah, I've been really busy lately and also I did get like a bajillion games for my birthday so I've been splitting my attention.  Probably in the next day or two I'll do the mission with Remire Village something strange is happening there.

So I found a non-spoiler thing to tell me how far I am, I'm like almost done with Chapter 8 of 12 of Part 1.

Also let me complain about the fact that I got 60% done downloading Outer Worlds, the game did an update, so my progress downloading it was reset, and I had to start from 0%.  At full speed it takes me 32 hours to download that game, and I don't go full speed because I want to use my internet, so I mainly download it while I'm sleeping.  Doom is gonna take even longer, ugh.

I usually seem to get home before hammer so I should be fine keeping things normal so long as we make sure the vote counter is kept updated.

I also have been keeping my dice bag in my backpack so I should be able to handle attacks as well.

19 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Have you ever wondered if it was actually bad RNG or if the GMs thought it would be funny to continue the "FRAYDO has bad luck meme"?

I like to believe I was given fair rolls for everything. Who knows for sure though. We would have to ask each GM :v