[GAME OVER] Warhammer 40,000 Mafia 3: On the Edge of Precipice

Retaliation
Message added by Retaliation,

7 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

There is something that dead players and inactive players have in common. They won't answer questions.

But realistically, lynching an inactive player tells us nothing about other players in game, so it's actually worse than a no-lynch.

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

That was directed at Cat 5 and it was accusing him of being outside of his meta, I'm trying to eat dinner.

No, it's more directed at you FRAYDO and Jeod.

I've at least gotten answers and information from the KY, Mojoman and Category 5.

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

No, it's more directed at you FRAYDO and Jeod.

I've at least gotten answers and information from the KY, Mojoman and Category 5.

I'm talking about my own comment, Shade, which is still implying Cat 5 is sus for saying kill the inactives, pay attention.

9 hours ago, Mojoman said:

Well, lynching an inactive really doesn't help much, there's only a small chance he's scum, and if he's town we're down another and we have no information to go on. It's  a super weak argument to say 'You lynched the inactive town so you must be scum' .it'd be better to go for a lynch of active players we have a read on.

This is the best argument and contribution I have heard all day.

Just now, FRAYDO said:

This is the best argument and contribution I have heard all day.

Agreed.

14 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I agree with Orange re: Cat5's usual play. It's outside the norm.

13 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'm talking about my own comment, Shade, which is still implying Cat 5 is sus for saying kill the inactives, pay attention.

Yeah, I agree. It's not enough for a full scumread IMO, but it's definitely off. And this angle is as good as any to get discussion going. So without further ado...

@Category 5 HurricaneATTENTION CITIZEN!
Multiple third party individuals have reported one or more of your recent actions as being inappropriate. Once a citizen is notified in such a manner, said citizen is reviewed by members of the Adeptus Arbites in accordance to the Book of Judgement. Upon review, we have determined that the following actions are in violation of the Book of Judgement:

-"Acting out of character by pushing for an inactive lynch"

Your imperial right of existence has received one judgement, which will expire upon your deathbed. Additional violation may result in disabling of your legs or the permanent termination of your life. Please note that killing yourself will not resolve the judgement on your existence, as you will be reassembled as a semi-sentient servitor until your tithe has been paid to the Imperium.

If you wish to form an appeal to the Adeptus Arbites as to counter-act your judgement, please inform us as to why you believe the judgement to be wrongful in 20 words or less.

We appreciate your understanding.

This isn't the first time you guys have incorrectly labeled my play as outside the norm. I really don't care so much about what you guys think of it. It seems at the very least that the majority of you want to avoid lynching Coolrock for one reason or another. So then I ask those of you who feel that way to present an alternative.

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

This isn't the first time you guys have incorrectly labeled my play as outside the norm. I really don't care so much about what you guys think of it. It seems at the very least that the majority of you want to avoid lynching Coolrock for one reason or another. So then I ask those of you who feel that way to present an alternative.

I count 65 words there.

Your appeal has been rejected by the Adeptus Arbites.

4 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Spoiler:  The alternative is you ;)

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Right. And then this is how the argument goes on Day 3.

Player 1 "You lynched Cat5 for wanting to lynch an inactive, that makes you scum!"

Player 2 "Yeah, well, that's not really a strong argument now is it"

Coolrock "..."

Well, I don't think Coolrock can be the only scum member in this game.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Right. And then this is how the argument goes on Day 3.

Player 1 "You lynched Cat5 for wanting to lynch an inactive, that makes you scum!"

Player 2 "Yeah, well, that's not really a strong argument now is it"

Coolrock "..."

It's not whether or not you make the argument, but how you argue.  You should know this.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

It's not whether or not you make the argument, but how you argue.  You should know this.

Ok, I'll make another variant.

Player 1 "You lynched Cat5 and he was town, and you knew that!"

Player 2 "Yeah, well, we all agreed that wanting to lynch an inactive was scummy"

Coolrock "..."

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Ok, I'll make another variant.

Player 1 "You lynched Cat5 and he was town, and you knew that!"

Player 2 "Yeah, well, we all agreed that wanting to lynch an inactive was scummy"

Coolrock "..."

You're doing a poor job of strawmanning.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

And tbh that'd be my defense, in my view, I'm on your case because you should be better than this but you're not.

I'm taking offense to this "You should know better" bullshit.

Inactive players are basically dead. If you don't do anything to verify them, they drag you down for the rest of the game. They don't count as players. They don't do actions, they don't vote, the don't talk. I've previously investigated Anon_Kat just so that I could write him off from Day 2 on since I know he'll never contribute anything helpful.

Don't forget an inactive determined the result of the last game.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm taking offense to this "You should know better" bullshit.

Inactive players are basically dead. If you don't do anything to verify them, they drag you down for the rest of the game. They don't count as players. They don't do actions, they don't vote, the don't talk. I've previously investigated Anon_Kat just so that I could write him off from Day 2 on since I know he'll never contribute anything helpful.

Don't forget an inactive determined the result of the last game.

Inactive players are statistics, and statistics favor town. This is considered conventional knowledge to anyone who plays mafia and people arguging against it are generally scum by MU standards, because OF COURSE.