[GAME OVER] Warhammer 40,000 Mafia 3: On the Edge of Precipice

Retaliation
Message added by Retaliation,

19 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I only think he needs to be eliminated if he doesn't show. There is no reason to be in a hurry about it, and certainly no reason to use a limited resource to do it. An inactive player's alignment needs to be resolved on way or another, or the mere fact that they exist causes problems. And at this point the argument over Coolrock is big enough that we're literally trying to kill ourselves over it.

Which I think just reinforces my original point. Inactives hurt us. I just wanted to throw that up as an option if we couldn't find something better. I didn't think we needed to get into a firefight over it.

But the problem then is that the day lynch are also limited resources, so lynching a player to figure out there alignment is a major investment of Town's limited resources, more so than a lone player using a day kill, that would disappear with their death anyways.

Yes, well. As we've already seen, it takes more than one shot to make a kill.

And the longer you wait to remove an inactive, the bigger the problem gets. There will always be the "What if" question around a person who doesn't talk, and if you don't resolve it early you might find yourself at LYLO with an inactive player. Now what do you do?

I literally lost a game once because a Mafia player was inactive and nobody believed that it could be him, so we kept lynching amongst the people talking until we were at LYLO, and all of a sudden we were wishing we lynched him earlier just so we could get him out of the way!

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Yes, well. As we've already seen, it takes more than one shot to make a kill.

And the longer you wait to remove an inactive, the bigger the problem gets. There will always be the "What if" question around a person who doesn't talk, and if you don't resolve it early you might find yourself at LYLO with an inactive player. Now what do you do?

Take care of what you can handle first, then focus on solving a theoretical problem that may or may not exist.

You can find Scum among actives players, and if you can't, then it serves to highlight the likelihood of going after the inactive then.

Overall, I'd probably treat it like a TP, you basically always have to get at least one mafia member before you can afford to go after them.

There's really merit to both sides of the argument. I agree with Cat_5 holding his shot for now. There's still the rest of this day, and let's say Coolrock does come back, what if he happens to be a doctor type?

But there is the possibility of an inactive scum which gives the other scum greater leeway. Can't really read a scum team if they never have to interact and the present scum member can use their ability(ies) every night without having to be the one to do the NK.

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

You can find Scum among actives players, and if you can't, then it serves to highlight the likelihood of going after the inactive then.

Don't disagree with that at all. Which is why when nothing else came up, I suggested removing the inactive. As far as I was concerned, anything else was just as much of an RNG lynch.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Don't disagree with that at all. Which is why when nothing else came up, I suggested removing the inactive. As far as I was concerned, anything else was just as much of an RNG lynch.

Then you're not paying much attention to how everyone is acting.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I don't think anything really came up until we started having this argument. Unless you think there was something to work from before that point?

It's highlighted certain trends that implicate certain players.

1 hour ago, Shade939 said:

While we're all waiting though, I also need to ask @FRAYDO and @Killing_You about their own thoughts on how they'd want to use their daykills.

I WUD PRO'LY ATTAK DA ONE WIFF DA LOWES HEAF

(I would probably attack the one with the lowest health, if it was someone whose death today may be worthwhile)

2 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

(I would probably attack the one with the lowest health, if it was someone whose death today may be worthwhile)

You'd go after the one with the lowest teeth? Sounds like something you'd do. :p

1 hour ago, Shade939 said:

While we're all waiting though, I also need to ask @FRAYDO and @Killing_You about their own thoughts on how they'd want to use their daykills.

Once a citizen has three judgements placed upon them, I will wreck their face and burn their corpse like the heretic they are.

(OOC: I'm holding onto it for now. I'm not trigger happy.)

Also, is the forum not sending desktop notifications anymore? I keep missing huge chunks of conversation because I'm caught up in ARK and listening for the notification sound, which hasn't come through for me.

35 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

12 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Once a citizen has three judgements placed upon them, I will wreck their face and burn their corpse like the heretic they are.

(OOC: I'm holding onto it for now. I'm not trigger happy.)

Right, besides the fact that you're basically copying each other, the point was more who would you want to shoot.

6 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Right, besides the fact that you're basically copying each other, the point was more who would you want to shoot.

(AUHHG NO KOPY HE BE KOPYIN' ME)

Almost copying each other. Were I to differentiate the cases, I'm the opportunist shot while KY wants to shoot on consensus.

If you wanted a target from me now, I would shoot Coolrock for being inactive but that feels like a wasted shot in itself.

Mafia Edit: Just fixing my ork syntax: Ork talk up top, 'umie talk in parenthesis

AUHHG NO KOPY HE BE KOPYIN' ME

(Almost copying each other. Were I to differentiate the cases, I'm the opportunist shot while KY wants to shoot on consensus.

If you wanted a target from me now, I would shoot Coolrock for being inactive but that feels like a wasted shot in itself.)

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

I spent the last two hours playing Danganronpa. First time playing it.

I mean, even though just walking in a kill on me would be an absolute travesty, tbh I wouldn't mind because then I'd have more time for video games :v

I want to get to the bottom of all this foreshadowing with Flayn.  Just found out a major secret this morning but I'm pretty sure it's not *the* secret regarding her.

I just got to the first trial:

Spoiler

I knew Sayaka's murder was coming since they handheld me through the free time tutorial for her, but I didn't think it would be so fast. I thought she'd be the "Maya" of the game until halfway through and maybe end up being a killer out of desperation. Her wrist was obviously broken after she died--there's no way she could have written Leon upside-down and perfectly lined up the cross in the N with the cracks/scratches on the wall.