[GAME OVER] Warhammer 40,000 Mafia 3: On the Edge of Precipice

Retaliation
Message added by Retaliation,

7 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

I like to believe I was given fair rolls for everything. Who knows for sure though. We would have to ask each GM :v

I've considered for the next time I run a game, that I'd pre-roll any RNG results for each player on each phase, and have it saved somewhere before the game starts. Then it could be used to prove rolls were legit and also let people say "What would have happened if...?"

3 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I've considered for the next time I run a game, that I'd pre-roll any RNG results for each player on each phase, and have it saved somewhere before the game starts. Then it could be used to prove rolls were legit and also let people say "What would have happened if...?"

My prefered dice rolling website actually offers a verification service where people can "subscribe" with their emails to a specific dice room you set up and then they'll get notified of any dice rolls you make in that room (you can also label a roll before you make it, so say it can specifically say a roll is "FRAYDO - Stuck Chance" and then everyone would know which roll is which).  Only downside is for games where you want people's stats to be obsfucated that could potentially give spoilers to what roles are.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

So completed chapter 8 of part 1.  Totally called the Sothis thing.  Also DON'T TELL ME IF I'M RIGHT, but I'm thinking Edelgard is the Flame Emperor.  I just want credit for calling it if/when the reveal happens.

It's 

Spoiler

Hubert

The thing is, I can see why everyone loves this game.  It really gets the foreshadowing *right*, and when there's a payoff, it feels great.  Like 75% of modern media tries to do that, but 90% of it fails to do it right.  This game does it right.  It's the type of thing you need like a FBI murder investigation room to plan.

2 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

The thing is, I can see why everyone loves this game.  It really gets the foreshadowing *right*, and when there's a payoff, it feels great.  Like 75% of modern media tries to do that, but 90% of it fails to do it right.  This game does it right.  It's the type of thing you need like a FBI murder investigation room to plan.

There's a reason it's so easy to criticize most media nowadays.

2 hours ago, Shade939 said:

There's a reason it's so easy to criticize most media nowadays.

I mean to be fair, it's probably not "modern" media, but just media in general, just media from the past that was bad we forgot about, the same as any conversation with rose tinted glasses.  Being high quality is hard work.

37 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean to be fair, it's probably not "modern" media, but just media in general, just media from the past that was bad we forgot about, the same as any conversation with rose tinted glasses.  Being high quality is hard work.

Or perhaps certain environments and mindsets are actually better able to support creating good media than others....

You could basically claim that the industry has been corrupted over the years, so the industry is no longer capable of producing media of the same quality that it did in the past.

Things like monolithic media corporations that are primarily focused on making money, instead of making a product that makes money because people enjoy it.

39 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

That being said, only the good media survives with time, so the only media you've heard of that was created in the past is going to be the good classic media that appeals to multi-generations.

17 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Or perhaps certain environments and mindsets are actually better able to support creating good media than others....

You could basically claim that the industry has been corrupted over the years, so the industry is no longer capable of producing media of the same quality that it did in the past.

Things like monolithic media corporations that are primarily focused on making money, instead of making a product that makes money because people enjoy it.

10 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

That being said, only the good media survives with time, so the only media you've heard of that was created in the past is going to be the good classic media that appeals to multi-generations.

Amazing how you can go from Ok Boomer to somehow discovering the point I was making in the span of 7 minutes.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

If you quit your job to make your own movie I promise I maybe would buy it once it came out on DVD.

Surprisingly enough, the Mandalorian was pioneering a cheaper and quicker way to produce the background for a scene using technology, instead of having to travel out into the dessert to film it. You might see a surge in independent movies being made if that technology takes off reducing the cost to produce a movie.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Surprisingly enough, the Mandalorian was pioneering a cheaper and quicker way to produce the background for a scene using technology, instead of having to travel out into the dessert to film it. You might see a surge in independent movies being made if that technology takes off reducing the cost to produce a movie.

Ye Star Trek's producer's bought it.  Granted, apparently Iceland's hot springs/volcanos filling in for a strange and exotic alien planet was pretty novel and untapped last season, though can only do that for so long before the "not California/Washington State/British Columbia" novelty wears off.

8 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

You should read/watch So I'm A Spider. Foreshadowing with payoff is the bread and butter of that to the point you can't google characters names without spoiling something.

Just now, Mojoman said:

Okay you guys pushed me to, I'm a Conscript.  I hate having to claim pre-game but now you know for sure you can trust me. 

I'm going to shoot Shade as an opener, and as part of our suicide pact I expect you to do the same. He's far too excited to be playing.

40K-20200926093514.jpg

Day One

You all awake to the sounds of wailing alarm sirens.

"Attention citizens! Due to multiple violations of Imperial law this space station has been reallocated to the Interstellar Refurbishing Syndicate by the segmentum government on Hydraphur. Please remain in your quarters until acquisition is complete."

The wisdom of this course of action is cast into doubt when hab block 63b is ripped from the station by concentrated lance fire. Fighting erupts in your hab sector when IRS infiltrators begin to sabotage critical life support systems...

The Militia wins when all IRS aligned players are dead.

IRS players win when they achieve parity with town numbers regardless of remaining attack actions.

If there are additional alignments, their objectives are unknown at this time.

Player Vote
KIlling_You  
Shade  
Orange  
Coolrock  
Anon Kat  
FRAYDO  
Jeod  
Mojoman  
Category 5  
Vote Lead  

Please remember to include @Retaliation in your day actions and votes.