On 3/8/2021 at 5:49 PM, Coolrock said:

Prizes!

Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 players based on the event scoreboard. Players who hav[blurb][/blurbe the most points over the course of 10 games after we hit 40 players will win the following:

So what gonna happen if we somehow don't manage to hit 40 players at all then? xD

15 minutes ago, Coolrock said:

Have a little more faith in us :v

I never said I didn't think we would hit it, was more of a hypothetical, worst case scenario question :D

On a more serious note I feel like maybe taking the average score of each persons game (without a max. limit, though maybe a min for 3-4 games or something) would be a better option, as one could then try and compensate for a bad game by playing more, but you would still need to actually be decently good to get a consistent high score. With the system planned for this though(which is certainly better than what been used in the past, don't get me wrong), if you get 1 or 2 bad games within those 10 that are used to record score you are more or less boned

27 minutes ago, GummiBear said:

I never said I didn't think we would hit it, was more of a hypothetical, worst case scenario question :D

On a more serious note I feel like maybe taking the average score of each persons game (without a max. limit, though maybe a min for 3-4 games or something) would be a better option, as one could then try and compensate for a bad game by playing more, but you would still need to actually be decently good to get a consistent high score. With the system planned for this though(which is certainly better than what been used in the past, don't get me wrong), if you get 1 or 2 bad games within those 10 that are used to record score you are more or less boned

I can shorten it down to something like 5-6 games instead. Last event though, the tenth game really made the difference. I’ll check it over with @FRAYDO.

12 minutes ago, Coolrock said:

I can shorten it down to something like 5-6 games instead. Last event though, the tenth game really made the difference. I’ll check it over with @FRAYDO.

My point was actually that it should not depend on the amount of games played at all (except for maybe a minimum to count, so you don't go in and get one or 2 very good game way above your normal level, and walk away with a very high average that way), but rather than the current total score, take the average score for each player, so you don't get a unfair advantage by getting some really good game, that is not representative of your normal score, or get boned by having a really bad game or 2.

I am ofc aware, that such a change is unlikely to be implemented for the current event, so just stick with the plan here, was more thinking for future events

21 minutes ago, GummiBear said:

My point was actually that it should not depend on the amount of games played at all (except for maybe a minimum to count, so you don't go in and get one or 2 very good game way above your normal level, and walk away with a very high average that way), but rather than the current total score, take the average score for each player, so you don't get a unfair advantage by getting some really good game, that is not representative of your normal score, or get boned by having a really bad game or 2.

I am ofc aware, that such a change is unlikely to be implemented for the current event, so just stick with the plan here, was more thinking for future events

Everyone is free to let us know their thoughts, and I’ll keep them saved to bring up before the next event. The limited amount of games idea from ryknow was better than what we were doing, since it gives everyone a better chance if they don’t stick around the entire event. I’m always open to hearing ideas from the community, so don’t be shy to voice your opinions.

With that said, I’ve noted your idea and will go over it with FRAYDO :)

3 hours ago, NodGuy said:

Can't wait to see the videos from this event. We need more people to make awesome montages.

Actually, to incentivise this, perhaps there should be an award for the best montage. People submit them and the community votes on their favourite. It might bring more people in if they see high quality montages. 

7 hours ago, NodGuy said:

Actually, to incentivise this, perhaps there should be an award for the best montage. People submit them and the community votes on their favourite. It might bring more people in if they see high quality montages. 

Meta is still probably going through his 10+ hours of footage from the previous event... and we're already starting a new one. Poor Meta. xD