APB sdk setup

PwnCall

I’ve been a long time map maker for renegade and was looking to convert some of my maps to APB.

I have the apb sdk and I also have a version of level edit that was created by zunnie for MPF.

not sure if I will need to get rid of that version of level edit or if I can have both.

also many of my maps wer made in gmax I was wondering if there are apb building files in gmax form.

so I guess what is my next step from here to start modding for apb?

Hey PwnCall, so good to see you here!

You can have as many different LevelEdits or Mammoths as you like without needing to uninstall them.

There aren't any gmax building files to be found to merge to maps, but fortunately they are just proxies, so you should be able to prepare your own building proxies without too much difficulty. You could try w3d importing each of them but what I'd actually recommend is not bothering with that and w3d importing the proxy masters file instead (poke me sometime to export it first). There you will have the proxies and the temp ground shapes. In theory this should save you the most time.

Upon further inspection it appears gmax's w3d importer doesn't work as far as importing meshes that were exported from Max 2017. So I used the .3ds route and set up a basic proxy masters file in gmax. I didn't clean this up too much and I haven't tested exporting and trying the things ingame, but it should be relatively close to what you would need to get started. Let me know if you have questions.

Edit: removed, am doing some more cleanup on this and will be adding it to the SDK soon.

I have updated the SDK to include a simplified version of the APB Proxy Masters in gmax format. This doesn't have the tunnel versions of the buildings, and is missing a few very minor items but should otherwise work for anything you need.

https://gitlab.com/w3dhub/a-path-beyond-sdk
(check the Source folder)