Shade939
Message added by Shade939,
Victory Condition
Loyalist: Three of Three points

Separatist: Zero of Three points

Master Game Sheet

Scum Doc

1 minute ago, Mojoman said:

I just don't want to be on the away team at all, regardless of who, and I've made my point as to why.

And I still think that reasoning is a scum reasoning. There is no reason for a town player to want to avoid being sent. There is no risk to looking suspicious as you have no risk of being removed. The risk for town is sending a scum player to the away team. Now, a scum player may consider being sent a risk as once they sabotage a mission the target will be on their backs for the rest of the game.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

And I still think that reasoning is a scum reasoning. There is no reason for a town player to want to avoid being sent. There is no risk to looking suspicious as you have no risk of being removed. The risk for town is sending a scum player to the away team. Now, a scum player may consider being sent a risk as once they sabotage a mission the target will be on their backs for the rest of the game.

I mean, we've been ragging on Shade, but with the variable away team size, I'm pretty sure this game is set up where everybody is gonna have to do something at some point. And I mean that in a very certain way, in that while not everyone may go on an away team perhaps, everyone is gonna at least have to *try* to get on the away team to fulfil their win con.  You can't sit this out.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

There's literally no risk in sending a scum player. We send one now, they sabotage, it's a 50/50. I just don't want to be the one defending myself tomorrow. The risk is me getting sidelined and scum pouncing on it.

4 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

And the logic for scum not wanting to be sent doesn't really work, since that's their win condition. It's better for them to be on the away team and create discord, rather than trying to go together. So actually, I'd like to change my nomination to the same as the Cat_5's, since there's no possible way it would be good for a scum team to both NOT be on the away team.

Just now, Mojoman said:

And the logic for scum not wanting to be sent doesn't really work, since that's their win condition. It's better for them to be on the away team and create discord, rather than trying to go together. So actually, I'd like to change my nomination to the same as the Cat_5's, since there's no possible way it would be good for a scum team to both NOT be on the away team.

As it stands, we're sidelining you anyway without you being fingered for a sabotage.

1 minute ago, Mojoman said:

I'm just not sure if we change our nomination or we just vote on someone elses?

You can change who you're nominating/voting for as many times as you want to as long as it's before hammer.

Just now, Mojoman said:

I'll choose to be sidelined today rather than tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure nothing bad is going to happen tonight, and since apparently night actions do exist, if it does, it'll be due to a scum night action, so even if sabotage does happen I'm not sure if I'm gonna think Cat 5 is a baddie.

10 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'm pretty sure nothing bad is going to happen tonight, and since apparently night actions do exist, if it does, it'll be due to a scum night action, so even if sabotage does happen I'm not sure if I'm gonna think Cat 5 is a baddie.

"This does mean that the only way for a mission to fail, is for a Separatist to be part of the Away Team. "

2 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

"This does mean that the only way for a mission to fail, is for a Separatist to be part of the Away Team. "

Normally I'd argue we don't know what night actions can do, and I assume that's the stance of some others, but on the other hand, *Shade* said that, so fair point...

6 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Normally I'd argue we don't know what night actions can do, and I assume that's the stance of some others, but on the other hand, *Shade* said that, so fair point...

I'll assume you're town so I'd rather you not get caught out on something tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

Wait a second, that's not Japanese. 

Just as we love putting random Japanese text on things, a lot of these Japanese products love putting random English on things.  The butter/soy sauce flavored pretz are One Piece themed and the package is about 20% English.

Night Two

After reviewing the mission parameters and the eligible candidates, you have decided that the ever loyal Townbot alongside officers OrangeP47 and Category 5 will be placed on the away team. Whether you believe that they're most suitable members for the mission, or simply the most trustworthy, or perhaps for some other nefarious purpose, these three members now hold the full fate of the mission upon their shoulders. With little more to do, the rest of you return to your duties upon the ship as the away team makes there way to Valden II to compete their current mission.

As for Jeod, after undergoing another thorough medical examination, it was determined that the senors themselves had been tampered with, and the initial results had been nothing more than a false positive. He has been released from Medbay and is now cleared to leave the ship on Away missions.

Players Day Two - 3 Away Team Members Required
Jeod Townbot

OrangeP47

Category 5  
Mojoman Townbot

Louis

OrangeP47  
OrangeP47 Townbot

OrangeP47

Category 5                                 

Louis                  

Townbot Mojoman OrangeP47

Category 5 Hurricane Townbot OrangeP47 Category 5                                 

Victory Condition
Loyalist: One of Three points Separatist: Zero of Three points

Day Three

Stamp - mission accomplished" by kaarsten - Mostphotos

With yet another successful mission completed by the Away Team the situation upon Valden II has more or less stabilized, with key leaders of the Separatist movement agreeing to meet with a delegation of Star Fleet officers in order to discuss terms for continued membership in the Federation. If the Federation delegation can successfully complete their negotiations, it will mean an end to the Separatist movement on Valden II as the moderate members of the movement are brought back into the Federations fold and eliminating the power base of it's extremist elements and crushing their hope of a Valden II free of Federation rules and regulations. This might very well be your final mission on Valden II, and if an Away Team from the USS Explorer can successfully oversee these peace talks, you can expect suitable compensation and awards for your services to the Federation and Star Fleet.

Gameplay

Away Team requirements for today's mission have been increased to Four Away Team Members.

7 hours ago, Louis said:

I'm just not sure about sending the same people of them can be scum.

Well, we know townbot is fine and we know I’m fine. If the next mission fails the scrutiny falls under orange and Cat5. Nobody got medbay’d this time though which seems odd to me.