Shade939
Message added by Shade939,
Victory Condition
Loyalist: Three of Three points

Separatist: Zero of Three points

Master Game Sheet

Scum Doc

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

Well, we know townbot is fine and we know I’m fine. If the next mission fails the scrutiny falls under orange and Cat5. Nobody got medbay’d this time though which seems odd to me.

Honestly, I'm not 100% you aren't pulling some kind of long con, but if you are it's not a great play so I'm not too worried.  I think we really did just make it this simple.

I mean, whatever happens next night, scum messed up last night, which I think puts the clear more heavily on Cat 5 and me.  I can't see scum *willingly* and *knowingly* letting it get this close to town victory.  In your case, if you're theoretically scum (which to be clear, I'm not accusing you of being, I'm just spitballing here), I could reasonably see a world where this all happened because you didn't have the full info of how the future would go down as opposed to just playing bad.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Honestly, I'm not 100% you aren't pulling some kind of long con, but if you are it's not a great play so I'm not too worried.  I think we really did just make it this simple.

I mean, whatever happens next night, scum messed up last night, which I think puts the clear more heavily on Cat 5 and me.  I can't see scum *willingly* and *knowingly* letting it get this close to town victory.  In your case, if you're theoretically scum (which to be clear, I'm not accusing you of being, I'm just spitballing here), I could reasonably see a world where this all happened because you didn't have the full info of how the future would go down as opposed to just playing bad.

If the scumteam truly is Louis/Mojo then I would love to see their abilities postgame. I'd have some balance suggestions such as forcing them to be on the away team (federation politics). Since we can't lynch in this game, scum don't necessarily need to remain hidden--as a result they need some more power that they can dangle over our heads.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

If the scumteam truly is Louis/Mojo then I would love to see their abilities postgame. I'd have some balance suggestions such as forcing them to be on the away team (federation politics). Since we can't lynch in this game, scum don't necessarily need to remain hidden--as a result they need some more power that they can dangle over our heads.

I mean technically today, if there's two scum, we're taking EVERYBODY who isn't scum, so if we weren't just so sure we'd kinda get dinged today for sure.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I mean technically today, if there's two scum, we're taking EVERYBODY who isn't scum, so if we weren't just so sure we'd kinda get dinged today for sure.

Imagine if a town was in quarantine for this mission.

Is there a possibility Jeod took himself out of the game for D2 as a scum play? Obviously if he was scum he wouldn't sabotage the first away team, but what if was able to target anyone with a... well I guess roleblock (?) Style action. 

That way he gets on for sure D3 (today), there's sabotage tonight, 1 point scum, we wise up, don't put him on D4, but put on his scum buddy, 2 points scum, then we have to argue between the remaining members and figure out if Jeod was actually the saboteur D3?

2 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

Is there a possibility Jeod took himself out of the game for D2 as a scum play? Obviously if he was scum he wouldn't sabotage the first away team, but what if was able to target anyone with a... well I guess roleblock (?) Style action. 

That way he gets on for sure D3 (today), there's sabotage tonight, 1 point scum, we wise up, don't put him on D4, but put on his scum buddy, 2 points scum, then we have to argue between the remaining members and figure out if Jeod was actually the saboteur D3?

I mean, I've considered it, but I'm not gonna worry about it too much unless it actually happens.  As of right now it'd be dumb to not do what we're doing.  Going with the unproven team because the proven team isn't 100% proven is a bad move when the proven team has still gotten us 2/3 of the way to victory without taking any hits.

14 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

There’s too much time that can pass before you guys wise up to it.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

There’s too much time that can pass before you guys wise up to it.

This is the thing too, the only universe where I accept Jeod being scum is where he pulled this play on accident.  Doesn't mean it's not possible, but just saying, if he did this on purpose, it wasn't a smart play, so I'm inclined to believe he wasn't trying it.

15 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

If Jeod was playing the long con, he'd still have tried to get his partner on the away team yesterday, and I don't see evidence of that.

You really disingenuously asserting that my scum meta is to immediately throw my partner under the bus?

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

You really disingenuously asserting that my scum meta is to immediately throw my partner under the bus?

No, that wouldn't be throwing them under the bus.  But for scum to win, scum have to be on the away team.  Scum can't win by voting for town to go on missions all game long.

No, that wouldn't be throwing them under the bus.  But for scum to win, scum have to be on the away team.  Scum can't win by voting for town to go on missions all game long.

I mean throwing them out in the open while I hide in the back with popcorn.

On 4/15/2021 at 9:51 AM, Jeod said:

I'd think the opposite. I would expect a sabotage because if there isn't one they're just giving us one more win (2/3). Even if they're both scum, it isn't in their best interest to let it slide because we'll likely be rotating players again the following mission regardless of what happens.

So Jeod was expecting a player rotation today.

4 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

If Jeod was playing the long con, he'd still have tried to get his partner on the away team yesterday, and I don't see evidence of that.

Frankly, he didn't have to, seeing as I was against going on the away team yesterday.

I believe it is a long-con with a Jeod / Louis scum team. Here's what I think happened. Jeod was quick to jump on to the away team D1, Louis has been quiet, but her questions have been basically random simple questions that have her fly under the radar. Eg; "Wait why are we sending Jeod?" Louis then used some roleblock ability on Jeod N1 for more credibility.

The length of time here isn't too long, since no one mentioned a scheme like this until now.

5 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, I've considered it, but I'm not gonna worry about it too much unless it actually happens.  As of right now it'd be dumb to not do what we're doing.  Going with the unproven team because the proven team isn't 100% proven is a bad move when the proven team has still gotten us 2/3 of the way to victory without taking any hits.

But don't forget with my math, that 2/3 victory can quickly turn to a 2/3 defeat and basically put us in a tie.

Therefore, I ##Nominate Townbot, Orange, Cat_5, Mojo for the away team.

1 minute ago, Mojoman said:

Harsh vibes dude 

It's probably something simple, but I did have each cell formatted to be a specific percentage of the total table.

But as you can see after I started typing in the cell, it ended up like that, and the cell formatting is still the same, it's just ignoring it....

Well, if there is a long con involved in the first two nights, there isn't much we can do about it. Either we do it and trigger it now, or we run the risk of getting hit by it later after we've tried something else and failed. If that happens, we have to figure out who has done the long con in one phase. May as well give us the most reaction time we can get to a potential trap.

##nominate BoteTown, OrangeP47, Category5, Jeod.

Mojo, the math works out so it doesn't matter if we do it now or later, so I'd rather take Jeod now on the off chance we're just right and win now, the game will be shorter instead of faffing around for no reason.

Everything is predestined it doesn't matter what we do, our choices are to win now or win later.

I still think Orange is Scum. I was barely on D1 and he already said he sused me when I asked a simple question. Although I don't read the intro sometimes. I don't think it is a great idea to send him since he might be playing the long game. I know I'm Town.

##nominate BoteTown, Category, Louis, Jeod

Just now, Jeod said:

Just about the only alternative team I can see is orange and mojo. Orange wouldn’t want to be up against cat5 so he wouldn’t sabotage M2.

Lol no I live for antagonizing Cat 5 (See Death Note Mafia, where you specifically told me not to do it but I did it anyway and look what happened)