Shade939
Message added by Shade939,
Victory Condition
Loyalist: Three of Three points

Separatist: Zero of Three points

Master Game Sheet

Scum Doc

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

Lol no I live for antagonizing Cat 5 (See Death Note Mafia, where you specifically told me not to do it but I did it anyway and look what happened)

And there's really no indication of you and Cat-5 being on any sort of team. The worst I can think of is you saying if the night was sabotaged you wouldn't neccesarily suspect Cat-5, but once I corrected you, it was all good.

6 hours ago, Jeod said:

Suddenly you want to go on the missions, Mojojojo?

And yeah, I gave my reasoning I didn't want to go yesterday and then said I'd want to go the next day, to prevent this exact thing from happening.

1 minute ago, Mojoman said:

And there's really no indication of you and Cat-5 being on any sort of team. The worst I can think of is you saying if the night was sabotaged you wouldn't neccesarily suspect Cat-5, but once I corrected you, it was all good.

I mean, if we're actually gonna have to work at it, I'd still say Jeod is more sus than Cat 5, which was really my logic there.  While you did have a good point, my actual thinking hasn't changed and if something goes wrong I'm still gonna probably look to Jeod before Cat 5, but that's now contingent on the fact that there was no sabotage last night.  If there had been sabotage last night, then yes, that'd fingered Cat 5 pretty heavily.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

This game is math heavy Jeod, accept it.  Also use buzz words correctly.

I did use it correctly; I already stated that I'd suspect you and Mojo if this mission fails.

6 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Then aren't you kind of being a hypocrit?

In what way? I plainly said long before you and Mojo started speculating that the only alternative I could see to a Louis/Mojo team is Orange/Mojo team.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

In what way? I plainly said long before you and Mojo started speculating that the only alternative I could see to a Louis/Mojo team is Orange/Mojo team.

In that you're acting like you're the only one who's allowed to theorize in a 5 person game.

I mean, you only started getting into it after I placed you into the scumpot possibility. And you both are going at it a lot more heavily. Simply, it's a bit of an overreaction to my passing mention.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I mean, you only started getting into it after I placed you into the scumpot possibility. And you both are going at it a lot more heavily. Simply, it's a bit of an overreaction to my passing mention.

Nah this is a continuation of yesterday's "It's not Cat 5"

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Nah this is a continuation of yesterday's "It's not Cat 5"

I was wondering why you were staying far away from him despite saying you enjoy digging at him.

Game Over

image.png.b1fab70cecab82f0ada58b69e6659919.png

Due to the brave actions and quick thinking of the crew of the USS Explorer, the Separatist movement upon Valden II has been crushed. With the insurgency dealt with, a full investigation into the crew of the USS Explorer was launched, quickly determining that the Saboteurs had been Mojoman and Louis. While their motives for their actions will require further investigations, you can rest easy knowing that despite the threat hiding in your own ranks you were capable of successfully completing the mission assigned to you by Star Fleet, a true testament to your own individual skills and abilities. Given the swift resolution of the Valden II incident, you can expect a favorable response from Fleet Command, most likely leading to several promotions and a very lucrative after mission report to be added to your personal records.

Gameplay

So, overall this was a fairly simple game. Night actions were basically non-existent, but still there to give Mafia some control over influencing the day vote. But mainly the game was focused around the meta analysis of players and their votes.

They had a dayblock usable night one and night three, and town had a jailer to counter it.

Townbot gave an easy way for Town to figure out Two members to send on every away mission, but due to the nature of Mafia being capable of being on a mission without Sabotaging it, it created doubt as to the nature of any successful mission clearing a player. If my math was right, then over the course of the entire game each side had a 50/50 chance of winning the game by RNG, which should mean that player skill played a larger role in determining which side won.

For the Mafia team, I decided to stick with the RNG roll, and put Mojoman and Louis on a team together. Unfortunately, it didn't work out as well as I would have hoped, and Town was able to deduct that they where the odd players out by analyzing their behaviors during the game.

Overall though, I suspect that with getting used to this format first, they would have performed much better.

Master Game Sheet

Scum Doc

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I feel like having a GM-confirmed Townbot kinda broke things. Maybe. I mean, the arguments Jeod and Orange were having were both valid, I was having the same thoughts. But it was mostly them being unwilling to be sent D2 that got them marked.

I think the problem was how they reacted to my argument of "scum wouldn't sabotage if both were sent together, let's send this combo that's exactly the scum team together and find out".  They agreed with me... while accusing me of being scum, which was flat out nonsensical and not a town sided argument at all.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I think the problem was how they reacted to my argument of "scum wouldn't sabotage if both were sent together, let's send this combo that's exactly the scum team together and find out".  They agreed with me... while accusing me of being scum, which was flat out nonsensical and not a town sided argument at all.

Like if you're going to accuse me of being scum... don't follow my plan...

18 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I feel like having a GM-confirmed Townbot kinda broke things. Maybe. I mean, the arguments Jeod and Orange were having were both valid, I was having the same thoughts. But it was mostly them being unwilling to be sent D2 that got them marked.

It certainly broke things a bit, usually Day one would be much more important than it was. But that's probably the biggest impact it had on the game, given that it only took one wrong vote for Town to lose control of the day votes.

Neat, it was that simple after all. I don't think townbot was actually needed--I only ever used security detail on it. Even if Louis and Mojo knew eachother to be scum without a townbot, it would still be a challenge for them to play around it. To follow up on what I was suggesting earlier in the game, I think this is the perfect sort of game type to let scum be out in the open and flaunt their presence more. Think "annoying ambassador/vip that starfleet will bend over backwards for yet acts like a snobby rich kid to the immediate crew". A politician ability that forces them to join the away team (one-time use) would fit well, for example. Since scum wouldn't need to worry about being removed from the game via lynch, they ought to gain some visibility and power.

4 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Neat, it was that simple after all. I don't think townbot was actually needed--I only ever used security detail on it. Even if Louis and Mojo knew eachother to be scum without a townbot, it would still be a challenge for them to play around it. To follow up on what I was suggesting earlier in the game, I think this is the perfect sort of game type to let scum be out in the open and flaunt their presence more. Think "annoying ambassador/vip that starfleet will bend over backwards for yet acts like a snobby rich kid to the immediate crew". A politician ability that forces them to join the away team (one-time use) would fit well, for example. Since scum wouldn't need to worry about being removed from the game via lynch, they ought to gain some visibility and power.

Not going to lie, that's a pretty bad ability to add in game, you completely eliminate Towns ability to win a day phase. I could have considered throwing it in this setup though, since Town basically got a free point day one.

You're free to make your own variation of this setup and give it a shot though. I was mainly trying to see how well the base setup worked without any abilities in play.

Which are difficult to add in also, you don't want to reveal any players role, given there's no form of player elimination.

Yep, as far as this setup goes, I believe that you'll probably need to expand upon the "Away Mission" requirements if you want to add more depth without ruining game play.

For example, you assign a point value to each mission, and the Away Team members must score at least that many points to complete the mission. With a difficulty 4 check, each player is worth +/- 1 point, and then role abilities could be used to change the Away Team score and watch the mission and who interacts with it.

Other than that, the main area where you can add in abilities is in preventing players from going on missions, or forcing other players to go on the mission.

But you specifically need to avoid abilities that prove a players role alignment, or have a counter in place to punish players for having their alignment revealed.