[Game Over: Town Victory] Star Trek: Away Team

Shade939
Message added by Shade939,
Victory Condition
Loyalist: Three of Three points

Separatist: Zero of Three points

Master Game Sheet

Scum Doc

IntroductionWelcome to a game very loosely based on the Star Trek universe. You are a member of the United Federation of Planets, currently serving upon the Federation star ship USS Explorer as one of it's bridge officers. Your ship has been dispatched to deal with the growing Separatist movement on Valden II. In order to combat the growing threat and ensure that the planet remains loyal to the Federation you will engage in several missions to the planet surface, each one conducted by a carefully selected away team of you and your fellow officers.

GameplayIn this game, you have two teams competing against each other in a point based competition mini game. The two sides are divided into the Federation Loyalist and the hidden Federation Separatist. The Separatist are given access to a separate hidden document where they are allowed to discuss the current game state and collaborate with each and plan out their actions.

In order for either side to win, they must score a total of three points over a maximum of five rounds. Each round will consist of a 48 Hour Day Phase in which players can discuss the game with each other, and vote for an Away Team to send on today's Mission or nominate their own Away Team for other players to also vote on. The Away Team size will change based on a combination of what round it is and the number of players in game. For example, the first Mission might require only two players to complete it as part of that Day's Away Team, while the following Missions requires three players or more for the Away Team.

After the Day phase, the game will enter a 24 Hours Night Phase where the Away Team is sent on the mission, while the remaining players are limited to two night post in the thread, and are allowed to use any actions they have to influence the game. For the Away Team, if a Separatist member is part of the Away Team they will be given an option to Sabotage the Mission gaining a point for their team and denying the point to the Loyalist, or they can allow the mission to succeed giving the point to the Loyalist. If the Away Team only consist of Loyalist members, then the mission will automatically succeed. Regardless of the outcome, the results of a Mission Success for Loyalist or Mission Failure for Loyalist will not be known until it is announced at the start of the next Day Phase, along with the outcome of any actions used during the Night Phase. This does mean that the only way for a mission to fail, is for a Separatist to be part of the Away Team.

During the day phase the following actions will be used to vote.

##Vote (Player) - Support a players nomination for an away team.

##Nominate (Player, Player, ect..) - Nominate an away team for other players to vote on.

Also, player deaths will not be a thing during this game. So it's up to you to determine by yourself if a player is a Loyalist or a Separatist and to prevent or put them on the Away Team.

Sign-upsSix player minimum, with a of soft maximum of 12 players. This is a really easy setup, so I can start this within a day or two after everyone signs up.

1. @Jeod
  2. @Mojoman
  3. @OrangeP47
  4. @Louis
  5. @Category 5 Hurricane

Bookmarks

Day One

Spoiler
Players Day One - 2 Away Team Members Required
Jeod (nominator) Jeod

Townbot

Mojoman Jeod

Townbot

OrangeP47 Jeod

Townbot

Louis                                                                                                     
Category 5 Hurricane Jeod

Townbot

Night One

Day Two

Spoiler
Players Day Two - 3 Away Team Members Required

Jeod (nominator)

Townbot

OrangeP47

Category 5  
Mojoman (nominator) Townbot

Louis

OrangeP47  
OrangeP47 Townbot

OrangeP47

Category 5                                 

Louis  (nominator)

Townbot Mojoman OrangeP47

Category 5 Hurricane Townbot OrangeP47 Category 5                                 

Victory Condition
Loyalist: One of Three points Separatist: Zero of Three points

Night Two

Day Three

Spoiler
Players Day Three - 4 Away Team Members Required
Jeod Townbot Jeod OrangeP47 Category 5
Mojoman Townbot Mojoman OrangeP47 Category 5
OrangeP47 Townbot

Jeod

OrangeP47 Category 5

Louis

Townbot Jeod Louis Category 5
Category 5 Hurricane Townbot Jeod OrangeP47 Category 5

Victory Condition
Loyalist: Three of Three points Separatist: Zero of Three points

Master Game Sheet

Scum Doc

16 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

Ah sure, why not. Once we get all the players, can we have a 2 day period before game start? I don't check the forums every day and I don't want to be dead weight.

Certainly, just because I can start the game early due to how easy it is to balance, doesn't mean that I actually need to do so.

My general assumption at the moment is I'll likely see about starting the game by the 5th of next month.

7 hours ago, Shade939 said:

Certainly, just because I can start the game early due to how easy it is to balance, doesn't mean that I actually need to do so.

My general assumption at the moment is I'll likely see about starting the game by the 5th of next month.

I'm in, though if this continues into May my availability will plummet.

3 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I just want to express that I would like to play this, but I'm not interested in playing a small/short game. Just voicing this in case there are others holding off for the same reason.

It could be a small game, but most of our mafia games last 9-15 days already, so I will disagree with it being a shorter game.

6 players is just the smallest number of people I'd need to balance the setup to run as intended. Which I want to see how well it runs first before complicating it and really making any major balance shifts.

5 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I just want to express that I would like to play this, but I'm not interested in playing a small/short game. Just voicing this in case there are others holding off for the same reason.

The length of our games directly correlates to the number of players recently. It's rare that luck/skill is a factor.

As far as player count goes and those limitations, I'm looking for something between 6 to 11 players in total. Too many Mafia players could lead to them having an excessive control of the day vote which would require some significant changes to counteract.

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

Did we find out what happened to Coolrock?

I don't believe so.

7 hours ago, Shade939 said:

Well, I guess I'll have to be a bit more aggressive in seeing who's interested or not and there reasoning behind it.

@Retaliation

@Killing_You

@FRAYDO

@ChopBam

@iLikeToSnipe

And if you can think of anyone else you'd want to ask about this game that you think you could get in contact with.

I'm going to be on Nodlied protocol and staying out of mafia for the time being.

Well I need six players in game so I can balance out the probability of Town picking Town by RNG. But I can get a bit creative to work around that.

@Retaliation or @Killing_You, any chance of you joining?

Otherwise as long as I can get @Category 5 Hurricane in I have a simple game mechanic  to throw in that should still work.

41 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Well I need six players in game so I can balance out the probability of Town picking Town by RNG. But I can get a bit creative to work around that.

@Retaliation or @Killing_You, any chance of you joining?

Otherwise as long as I can get @Category 5 Hurricane in I have a simple game mechanic  to throw in that should still work.

Shade's going to play AND be the GM, genius.