Mafia Championship Season 8

OrangeP47

Hey everyone, we've been invited to Season 8 of Mafia Championship!

Given I'm about to start a new job and I'm gonna be super busy, I probably can't do it this time.  I say we send Shade, but we can discuss possible options here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jys9pqrKSpZ3hEX17iuu4mtoG-c_7YbgHRTK0pAZCUQ/edit

This doc is the invite, and has a link to this year's setup.  Seems like it has a fairly balanced set of roles, some power roles and vanilla, so it's not mountainous at least.

47 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Hey everyone, we've been invited to Season 8 of Mafia Championship!

Given I'm about to start a new job and I'm gonna be super busy, I probably can't do it this time.  I say we send Shade, but we can discuss possible options here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jys9pqrKSpZ3hEX17iuu4mtoG-c_7YbgHRTK0pAZCUQ/edit

This doc is the invite, and has a link to this year's setup.  Seems like it has a fairly balanced set of roles, some power roles and vanilla, so it's not mountainous at least.

Nope, still not interested.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

"A good amount of activity on a daily basis."

It could only be Orange or Shade. :v

The requirement is 10 posts per phase, it's not that much, and the past 2 years they've actually had maximums too not just minimums so people don't get blown out of the water.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

The requirement is 10 posts per phase, it's not that much, and the past 2 years they've actually had maximums too not just minimums so people don't get blown out of the water.

But yeah I hit the maximum a few times last year :v

Jots down notes on maximum posts per day phase (Orange)

But yeah I hit the maximum a few times last year :v

Not only did I hit the maximum, actually, but I specifically hit the maximum while claiming people hitting the maximum were scummy and doing so got me town cred.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Wasn't I a backup at some point for you?

Multiple people have been, since I've gone a few years now in a row.  Shade even was my official backup once despite his obstinance.  I think Sunflower was once too but only because I promised her I wouldn't sub out.

You could probably handle it Jeod assuming you don't have a substitute teaching assignment at the same, and be sure to read their forum rules too because they're much stricter about things like "Don't reference your role PM" etc.

Multiple people have been, since I've gone a few years now in a row.  Shade even was my official backup once despite his obstinance.  I think Sunflower was once too but only because I promised her I wouldn't sub out.

As a father and job hunter (possibly teacher, possibly continuing IT) I would be honored to be a backup for this one even if only to scheme with the primary.

You could probably handle it Jeod assuming you don't have a substitute teaching assignment at the same, and be sure to read their forum rules too because they're much stricter about things like "Don't reference your role PM" etc.

See the thing is we're at a bit of a crossroads at the moment where we aren't sure how busy or not we'll end up by summer or even fall, so a primary candidacy is out of the question for me.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

See the thing is we're at a bit of a crossroads at the moment where we aren't sure how busy or not we'll end up by summer or even fall, so a primary candidacy is out of the question for me.

The first round runs from May 10 through early July, so there's some leeway with the dates if you want to try.  After accepting you basically get linked to a big Doodle form where you list your availability and there's plenty of times to choose from so assuming your not like booked solid you could probably make it work.  Game 1 starts May 10 so if you want to squeak something in fast we can rush this through and see if you can get posted to that.

And like, even if you're really unsure about what times specifically will be open, you can always swap games once signed up too, they allow that and generally people are pretty friendly about being accomedating.

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

The first round runs from May 10 through early July, so there's some leeway with the dates if you want to try.  After accepting you basically get linked to a big Doodle form where you list your availability and there's plenty of times to choose from so assuming your not like booked solid you could probably make it work.  Game 1 starts May 10 so if you want to squeak something in fast we can rush this through and see if you can get posted to that.

Sorry, don't think I should risk it. I don't want to be the guy who has to drop out due to life events. In perspective: my substitute gig only goes on for a few more weeks before summer break. Last week I was contacted by a recruiter for a potential IT gig. I am going to either spend the summer earning my teaching certificate in prep for fall or be working a new IT job, or worst case scenario be working wherever and whenever I can because neither my wife nor I have gainful employment. Her position is changing to full-time, but as a result her employer is interviewing her again along with other candidates who may be more qualified--so she could either go from PT to FT or go from PT to nothing.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Sorry, don't think I should risk it. I don't want to be the guy who has to drop out due to life events. In perspective: my substitute gig only goes on for a few more weeks before summer break. Last week I was contacted by a recruiter for a potential IT gig. I am going to either spend the summer earning my teaching certificate in prep for fall or be working a new IT job, or worst case scenario be working wherever and whenever I can because neither my wife nor I have gainful employment.

Ah, didn't realize the plans were that firm, sounded more nebulous the first time you said it.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Sounds like my past week where I basically wound up doing my own background check for this company because HR couldn't figure out how to :v

I'd honestly rather have to be doing that than re-interview for a chance to keep a job I've held for over two years.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

I'd honestly rater have to be doing that than re-interview for a chance to keep a job I've held for over two years.

Yeah, mine technically wasn't that bad, I already had the job, they just needed proof of one specific thing which I had to track down myself (took 3 hours after it took them 2 weeks) but it delayed getting some other critical paperwork filed that could have been worked on in the intervening time.