How do you host your own APB server?

So, following what LeonardMT told me while I was on his server, it seems that having any VM stuff running, the server ties to the VM IP address and not your own. Tested and confirmed with my own PC since I'm running VirtualBox, too.

serverstuff.PNG

29 minutes ago, Tank_Killer said:

So, following what LeonardMT told me while I was on his server, it seems that having any VM stuff running, the server ties to the VM IP address and not your own. Tested and confirmed with my own PC since I'm running VirtualBox, too.

serverstuff.PNG

Yes I solve the problem just by disabling all of my virtual network cards. 

Btw interesting windows username :p

Edited by LeonardMT

there is a way to work around it but it will require some registry editing as you can't select what IP the server uses (and the options that used to be there in game have been removed from the menu in 5.0) but what you could do is start a lan-game on your normal game and while setting it up select the right IP-adress in the first menu of the hosting screen. then open regedit and go to "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\W3D Hub\games\apb-release\Networking\Options" and copy the value of the "PreferredLanNic". then go to "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\W3D Hub\games\apb-release-server\GameSpy" and here the same key should exist. replace the value of it and try starting the server

sorry for not mentioning this before just had time to look into it more and see if there is another fix then disabling the VMware adapter