CYOR - Remastered Edition: Game Over

Message added by TheIrishman,

CVC:

Killing You voted Shade939
Shade939 voted Killing You
Retaliation voted Shade938

There are 3/3 votes cast

Just now, Shade939 said:

We also still have this piece of text to describe Retaliations ability being used on Orange.

And we do have Orange claiming his ability is to flash people, yet he seems to imply the flash has a charge for it.

Technically I flash everyone at once, in public.

3 hours ago, Shade939 said:

I think we're at the point where we wait and see what anyone else has to report...

Last night was nothing of use at least YET.

I am very interested in what I observe here to be essentially a tunneling situation with Orange. I'm not really getting the same scummy vibes that @ Category 5 Hurricane  is getting off him. Maybe it's been a while since we've played and thus my scumdar is off. Can you elaborate more?

As far as I can see, we haven't really touched on figuring out our likely scum setup. Since we have 8 players, would it be fair to assume there are no more than two scum, be that two mafia players on a team, or one mafia player and one third party? Three scum would be far too much with the game ending too quickly, and I am personally hesitant to guess that there'd be only one, unless he/she/they are very superpowered. If it's a two-man situation, and it likely is, this would leave us with 5 remaining town at most.

What I'm getting at with this are the math and philosophy of deciding what we do today. If we mislynch and there's another kill tonight, we're potentially left at a 2-3 situation, which may technically be safe depending on roles, but is likely very much not. It's one big reason I want to figure out this Orange situation and soon.

4 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Last night was nothing of use at least YET.

I am very interested in what I observe here to be essentially a tunneling situation with Orange. I'm not really getting the same scummy vibes that @ Category 5 Hurricane  is getting off him. Maybe it's been a while since we've played and thus my scumdar is off. Can you elaborate more?

As far as I can see, we haven't really touched on figuring out our likely scum setup. Since we have 8 players, would it be fair to assume there are no more than two scum, be that two mafia players on a team, or one mafia player and one third party? Three scum would be far too much with the game ending too quickly, and I am personally hesitant to guess that there'd be only one, unless he/she/they are very superpowered. If it's a two-man situation, and it likely is, this would leave us with 5 remaining town at most.

What I'm getting at with this are the math and philosophy of deciding what we do today. If we mislynch and there's another kill tonight, we're potentially left at a 2-3 situation, which may technically be safe depending on roles, but is likely very much not. It's one big reason I want to figure out this Orange situation and soon.

Part of what I'm doing here is just laying pressure on him. There doesn't need to be a reason for it, he just needs to be at risk. I'm measuring how he responds to that pressure. He thinks he always responds the same way regardless of alignment, but I don't think he does. Presently I'm waiting to see what else he says. There's a couple things I'm expecting to be brought up, but I don't want to bring them up for him.

I'm also trying to determine which reason(s) were the primary causes for Jeod being the NK. There are a couple angles I could see being at work there, and which ones I think are more likely change my outlook on who should be looked at.

6 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm also trying to determine which reason(s) were the primary causes for Jeod being the NK. There are a couple angles I could see being at work there, and which ones I think are more likely change my outlook on who should be looked at.

Potential reasons my head came up with, for why they might have chosen Jeod for the nightkill:

1. Picking somebody who's out of the spotlight Day 1, i.e. unlikely watch target and thus less likely to be caught in the act.
  2. Nobody else is a good target for whatever reason.
  3. Random dice roll.
  4. Grudge against mafia-obsessed Jeod to remove him from play right at the start after an eternity of no forum games.

My guess is D--all of the above.

11 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Part of what I'm doing here is just laying pressure on him. There doesn't need to be a reason for it, he just needs to be at risk. I'm measuring how he responds to that pressure. He thinks he always responds the same way regardless of alignment, but I don't think he does. Presently I'm waiting to see what else he says. There's a couple things I'm expecting to be brought up, but I don't want to bring them up for him.

Orange is always at risk. I'm sure he feels the pressure of how many people targeted him last night.

My personal sus is iLTS, but it typically is and I'd need to see more from him before going any further along that route. If you ask why--for now it's a combination of biased metathink and the fact that nobody else stands out to me at the moment.

Being visited by a bunch of people shouldn't be a concern unless you are scum and are worried about the potential results. Being visited by others is usually a good thing, when town-aligned (barring the obvious risk that the visitor is the NK, but then your concerns are over)

My thinking is that scum thought that Jeod was Herlock Sholmes and had a cop role, or Orange is scum and was concerned about the amount of tunnelling that Jeod was doing on Orange.

Alright then. I'll just add my general commentary and hope that kickstarts some conversation.

Killing You- Hi.

OrangeP47- I haven't fully caught on to his playstyle, at least early game. Late game, scum Orange and town Orange diverge in gameplay, but at this stage I can't quite tell. If I had to lean in one direction, I'd lean Town. His reaction to Retal's scan didn't feel like scum!Orange getting outed or being handed an alibi. He was actually rather forthcoming as far as I can tell. Maybe something will turn up later that contradicts his story? Either way, for me, it's 55/45 leaning Town for me.

iLikeToSnipe- Quiet, unusually so. I don't like it. That being said, silence is little to go off of.

Shade939- Town. Shade doesn't make out-of-the-blue, patently stupid ideas/accusations when scum.

Category 5 Hurricane- Tunnel-visioning Orange, but with good reason. While I'm not sure if this is productive, it falls in line with Town!Cat5 more than Scum!Cat5. I'd like to see his input on everyone else, but I'm leaning Town for him.

ChopBam- Doing his best with what we've got, and I like his reasoning. Strong Town read at the moment.

Retaliation- Not sure what to think. All I have to go on is the daycop ability of his, which could be useful to any faction. Null read.

Current sus is on iLikeToSnipe. I want to hear more from him.

##vote iLikeToSnipe

14 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Being visited by a bunch of people shouldn't be a concern unless you are scum and are worried about the potential results. Being visited by others is usually a good thing, when town-aligned (barring the obvious risk that the visitor is the NK, but then your concerns are over)

My thinking is that scum thought that Jeod was Herlock Sholmes and had a cop role, or Orange is scum and was concerned about the amount of tunnelling that Jeod was doing on Orange.

Honestly if you think I thought Jeod was gonna Uber town and killed him for that reason, it makes sense why you'd tunnel me, because I did absolutely think Jeod was gonna Uber town. I'm just not scum, so I didn't kill him.  I was actually trying to deflect from engaging with Jeod to a degree BECAUSE I didn't want to draw attention to him, but Jeod being Mr Spotlight as he is just wouldn't leave it alone, but I mean, it takes two to tango, so I'm guilty as charged too when it comes to putting the spotlight on him as well, at least to a degree, because I just can't let things go.  But I'm not scum, I'm just an attention whore.

Pre this post I was gonna just call you a tunnler, because it's what I was thinking last night but I was really too tired to get in an argument, but after reading the elaboration I can at least see a town-mindset as being present.

If I had to call someone out ATM it'd probably be ILTS as residual from the "actually flip flopping on meta", but I think we all know how that conversation is going to go without actually needing to have it, so I'll let KY drive the bus if he wants it (plus, as I said, I'm really inactive during the weekdays, despite yesterday.  I basically was too tired to actually do what I wanted last night so I decided to shitpost, don't expect a repeat of that).

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

@ Killing_You

I of course ended up having to take my wife to urgent care. Everything should be alright. 

I do have some thoughts, just haven't had any time to share them. 

Oh man, well we got plenty of time thankfully. At this point I don't think anyone's going to step forward with a revelation of the sort Shade wants, so...

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Oh man, well we got plenty of time thankfully. At this point I don't think anyone's going to step forward with a revelation of the sort Shade wants, so...

Yeah, don't have anything groundbreaking to share from last night. I'm pretty sure there's only two mafia at least. 

8 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

@ Killing_You

I of course ended up having to take my wife to urgent care. Everything should be alright. 

I do have some thoughts, just haven't had any time to share them. 

Oh shit. Well, that's fair.

##unvote

I'll give you time to get your input in.

11 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'd prefer to use the stronger word need instead of want.

I'm betting Irish didn't throw a single scum role in the game given how difficult those are to balance. So this is likely one of only two days we get a chance to lynch scum.

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

I'd prefer to use the stronger word need instead of want.

I'm betting Irish didn't throw a single scum role in the game given how difficult those are to balance. So this is likely one of only two days we get a chance to lynch scum.

Have I ever told you how there's no such thing as free will and the fate of the universe is deterministic.