CYOR - Remastered Edition: Game Over

Message added by TheIrishman,

CVC:

Killing You voted Shade939
Shade939 voted Killing You
Retaliation voted Shade938

There are 3/3 votes cast

I messaged Irish, but I asked for a replacement. I'll keep playing as I'm able to, but it looks like there's going to be more tests and medical appointments to go to. My wife is having further COVID complications and I'm not going to have anywhere near as much time to play as I planned on having.

@ Jeod Up for round 2?

59 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I messaged Irish, but I asked for a replacement. I'll keep playing as I'm able to, but it looks like there's going to be more tests and medical appointments to go to. My wife is having further COVID complications and I'm not going to have anywhere near as much time to play as I planned on having.

@ Jeod Up for round 2?

Sorry to hear about your wife. I don’t mind, but it’s up to @ TheIrishman . I was given a very slight spoiler. I don’t think enough to affect the game should I replace you, but that’s not my call.

@ FRAYDO  first option

@ Jeod  second option, but he will not be able to use any prior knowledge publicly to his advantage. The spoiler he got wasn't much, but it's enough to change the game if made public. But also knowing his previous role gives him another slight advantage in knowledge. If he accidentally slips, he will lose voting rights for one day and be roleblocked the next night.

If he purposely slips, he will be insta-killed.

1 minute ago, TheIrishman said:

@ FRAYDO  first option

@ Jeod  second option, but he will not be able to use any prior knowledge publicly to his advantage. The spoiler he got wasn't much, but it's enough to change the game if made public. But also knowing his previous role gives him another slight advantage in knowledge. If he accidentally slips, he will lose voting rights for one day and be roleblocked the next night.

If he purposely slips, he will be insta-killed.

In that case, count me out. I don't generally do well at feigning ignorance in competitive scenarios.

Well, at this time, I can't make a decision, but I'm going to be gone until about an hour before hammer. I'll make an executive decision then. I'm not quite sure exactly how much time I'll have before hammer because I'm going to be pretty busy tomorrow but I'll make an effort to be here.  I don't want to stir things with the ILTS/FRAYDO slot until he's settled in, but I hope someone can carry the torch there while I'm at work tomorrow.  Preferably Cat 5, because I can't properly evaluate him if he's just gonna be on my case the entire time. That's not good for gamestate.  I could muse a bit more, but I don't want to get ahead of ourselves talking about what we need to do as the next step or the step after that when we don't know what the result of these next 12 hours are going to be.  It's a shame I can't be here to be a bit more reactive if something interesting pops up in any convo in real time.

I am overjoyed that you know I am Not Guilty, but I hope you will forgive me for not quite following your epistemic methods. As a natural skeptic I am inclined to understand my interlocutors' positions, so it brings me to inquire whether you performed some kind of night action that renders me thusly clean, in your book?

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

It takes a while to sort 30 quote boxes and leave comments on them while heaving this uncorked bottle into the gallery. I plead your forgiveness.

Tentatively granted. Hitting the hay now while you take the night shift sorting the bales.

On 9/4/2021 at 7:45 PM, Retaliation said:

Before we enter into the Land of Mafia, I just need to know if any of you have something nefarious to declare.

With all the chaos out in the world today, we here at the border control would like to keep all that out.

Retaliation is basically soft-claiming right out of the gate here.

On 9/5/2021 at 3:00 PM, Retaliation said:

Orange is a boring person who doesn't want to do anything but vote during the day.

I don't like that Retaliation is supposedly checking for day actions. I figure it's unlikely that scum have offensive tools as day actions given that they appear to have no trouble killing at night. So what is Retal looking for?

On 9/5/2021 at 3:13 PM, OrangeP47 said:

Nah, there's nothing AI about an ability cop on it's face.

And disagree with this one. How "AI" it is depends on the alignments of other potential day action owners. Roles are designed to interact with each other. Who is Retal interacting with and what is their alignment going to be?

11 hours ago, Retaliation said:

Now that I'm working I finally understand why nodlied bowed out of mafia because it is hard to play while busy :S

This has been the extent of his contribution D2. Feels like a filler statement, just posted something so it looks like he had something to say.

13 hours ago, Killing_You said:

Alright then. I'll just add my general commentary and hope that kickstarts some conversation.

Killing You- Hi.

OrangeP47- I haven't fully caught on to his playstyle, at least early game. Late game, scum Orange and town Orange diverge in gameplay, but at this stage I can't quite tell. If I had to lean in one direction, I'd lean Town. His reaction to Retal's scan didn't feel like scum!Orange getting outed or being handed an alibi. He was actually rather forthcoming as far as I can tell. Maybe something will turn up later that contradicts his story? Either way, for me, it's 55/45 leaning Town for me.

iLikeToSnipe- Quiet, unusually so. I don't like it. That being said, silence is little to go off of.

Shade939- Town. Shade doesn't make out-of-the-blue, patently stupid ideas/accusations when scum.

Category 5 Hurricane- Tunnel-visioning Orange, but with good reason. While I'm not sure if this is productive, it falls in line with Town!Cat5 more than Scum!Cat5. I'd like to see his input on everyone else, but I'm leaning Town for him.

ChopBam- Doing his best with what we've got, and I like his reasoning. Strong Town read at the moment.

Retaliation- Not sure what to think. All I have to go on is the daycop ability of his, which could be useful to any faction. Null read.

Current sus is on iLikeToSnipe. I want to hear more from him.

##vote iLikeToSnipe

List posts like this are a general scum meta, though I cannot recall if it is specifically a KY!scum meta. Most of the list itself reads just fine to me. However, one thing caught my eye. Daycop? That's a little bit broader of an action than what Retaliation has claimed to have, but it does fit the description (thoroughly) of the action better than dayaction cop. Potential KY/Retal scumteam slip.

On 9/7/2021 at 5:17 PM, Killing_You said:

Why do you say that?

This statement came right after I said that I wasn't expecting a kill during N1. Having given next to nothing for context, I read KY's question as a possible scum-aligned fishing attempt, looking to uncover a night action that would have prevented a NK. That could be paranoia on my part.

Then there is the bit again about the interaction between KY and Orange. Orange seems pretty convinced that KY should have the ability to confirm Orange. Why hasn't KY really talked about that or indicated an agreement or disagreement?

EDITOR'S NOTE: THE SECTION ON ORANGE GOT LOST WHILE TRYING TO MAKE THE FORUM SOFTWARE POST ALL THIS BULLSHIT. I PLEAD FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS.

On 9/6/2021 at 10:20 AM, iLikeToSnipe said:

I don't have any solid reads yet. I'm okay with a D1 no lynch and will switch my vote to that since I'm not going to have as much time for the rest of the day.

##vote nolynch

This is the only thing i have on iLikeToFRAYDO. I recall us nailing iLTS on this exact argument not that long ago, but there really isn't anything else to this case.