CYOR - Remastered Edition: Game Over

Message added by TheIrishman,

CVC:

Killing You voted Shade939
Shade939 voted Killing You
Retaliation voted Shade938

There are 3/3 votes cast

5 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I would hope that if there is a daykill, scum doesn't have it. Otherwise we're looking at a game where town loses after one mislynch. Which frankly doesn't seem fair at all.

It also depends on how quickly players die. Even if we only have one scum left we'd be at LYLO if  four of us died before the lynch tomorrow.

Just now, ChopBam said:

How quickly does the GM design them to die when there's only 8 of them? You suggest 3 townies can die to 1 scum's antics in a single day cycle?

A delayed kill would be what I'd look out for, although if you had multiple TP's you'd also have the possibility of them killing each other first.

7 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

A delayed kill would be what I'd look out for, although if you had multiple TP's you'd also have the possibility of them killing each other first.

Well fortunately it doesn't seem like iLTF had the opportunity to use the death note. Do you have any good reason to suspect that there are multiple third parties, or any other members of iLTF's party? Or that there are any delayed kills imminent? Cause at the start of the day we found a death note on his person that burned itself up, which means it wasn't used. Theorycrafting about delayed kills and more third parties all sounds like we're getting into AUM territory. I'm gonna apply Occam's Razor here and say we're probably in LYLO because there are two scum members left.

2 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Well fortunately it doesn't seem like iLTF had the opportunity to use the death note. Do you have any good reason to suspect that there are multiple third parties, or any other members of iLTF's party? Or that there are any delayed kills imminent? Cause at the start of the day we found a death note on his person that burned itself up, which means it wasn't used. Theorycrafting about delayed kills and more third parties all sounds like we're getting into AUM territory. I'm gonna apply Occam's Razor here and say we're probably in LYLO because there are two scum members left.

I think that means no one else can use it now. Also, I'll point out, but apparently someone gave an item to Retaliation also.

So, unless you or Category 5 want to outright claim it...

I haven't gotten a response from the Chief Prosecutor yet, but I'm just going to throw out the rest I know given I'm going to be short on time here on out.

The result I got on iLTF was "Not Guilty". Third Parties should appear as "Guilty" on a standard cop report. This tells me I am an insane cop and get opposite results on my investigations. This means that ChopBam is actually Mafia and I've been misled by my own role. (Pending a possible correction from the Chief Prosecutor, but I doubt it)

I am leaning very heavily towards thinking that Retaliation is his partner.

6 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I haven't gotten a response from the Chief Prosecutor yet, but I'm just going to throw out the rest I know given I'm going to be short on time here on out.

The result I got on iLTF was "Not Guilty". Third Parties should appear as "Guilty" on a standard cop report. This tells me I am an insane cop and get opposite results on my investigations. This means that ChopBam is actually Mafia and I've been misled by my own role. (Pending a possible correction from the Chief Prosecutor, but I doubt it)

I am leaning very heavily towards thinking that Retaliation is his partner.

Weren't you going after me for my dumb border inspection RPing? I hope this chief prosecutor thing isn't just Irish.

I think an insane cop fits better with the numbers we're running this game. I do not like how you never seemed to consider your sanity before this though. Didn't investigate yourself N1, wanted chopbam to take the lead despite being more inactive than you. This all reads to me more like scum backtracking now that there's more information available.

I'm curious why you think I'm chopbam's partner.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

Weren't you going after me for my dumb border inspection RPing? I hope this chief prosecutor thing isn't just Irish.

I think an insane cop fits better with the numbers we're running this game. I do not like how you never seemed to consider your sanity before this though. Didn't investigate yourself N1, wanted chopbam to take the lead despite being more inactive than you. This all reads to me more like scum backtracking now that there's more information available.

I'm curious why you think I'm chopbam's partner.

Well, technically it isn't just Irish, it's also Louis! But she hasn't looked at the PM chain for days. Result was verified, by the way.

I disagree entirely. I feel like giving me an insane cop was a pretty cheap trick. I did consider targeting myself, but with the game so small and the likelyhood of me being killed early so high, I didn't think I could afford to waste a night doing something I thought would be unnecessary. 

So you targeted KY and got his action name and posted that to prove it. The thing about that is that being a role cop doesn't prove your alignment. It just proves you are a role cop. And why would finding out the role name confirm KY as town if you didn't expect a hider to be town?

And iLTF's death makes more sense if scum had previously rolecopped him on the previous night, as scum need to make removing a Third Party a priority.

I'm not a rolecop. I just get the name of the ability. If I targeted myself all I would get is ##Evil Eyes. That's why I didn't target you because your flavor seems to have non descriptive actions. I think I was conflating hider and survivor so I thought KY was neutral.

Insane cop makes sense to me because the game is so small. Multiple cop reports will solve the game, one cop report keeps the mystery alive to a degree. An insane cop would explain why you're still alive after claiming.

At this point, I'm willing to believe both of you. It'd be so easy for either one of you to make a false report on the other to turbo a mislynch for the win, Cat5 especially. Yet that hasn't happened.

What I really find interesting is the fact that Retal is claiming Cat5/Chop scumteam, while Cat5 is claiming Retal/Chop scum team. Common factor is ChopBam. I'm willing to hedge my bets that Shade is his partner.

Regardless, I'd prefer to hit the common factor just in case.

##vote ChopBam

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

There is at least one scum between cat5 and chopbam. I am trying to figure out which one that is if not both of them in some kind of ploy. KY and I cannot be teamed up because that would mean cat5 would be lying about his role as town.

I have a problem with Cat5 being scum. He could easily have claimed you or Shade was scum. Instead, not only did he say that he investigated iLTF, he also claimed to have gotten an unusual result that had him question his previous result on ChopBam. That seems needlessly complicated for a scum ploy, especially for Cat5.

4 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

I have a problem with Cat5 being scum. He could easily have claimed you or Shade was scum. Instead, not only did he say that he investigated iLTF, he also claimed to have gotten an unusual result that had him question his previous result on ChopBam. That seems needlessly complicated for a scum ploy, especially for Cat5.

Well, one of those players is dead aren't they? If anything it's safer than trying to pit two living players against each other isn't it?

1 hour ago, Killing_You said:

What I really find interesting is the fact that Retal is claiming Cat5/Chop scumteam, while Cat5 is claiming Retal/Chop scum team. Common factor is ChopBam. I'm willing to hedge my bets that Shade is his partner.

Regardless, I'd prefer to hit the common factor just in case.

##vote ChopBam

And here I am, thinking it's Cat5/Shade. :V It isn't likely to be Retal/Shade because Shade 1) tied the vote with Retal, and 2) is throwing a lot of shade at Retal right now.

Here's my current case. I don't believe that he is an insane cop. Things have been way too convenient for that to be true in my mind, and the circumstances just don't line up.

• First off, Cat5's "night target" choices. First night he claims he targeted me and basically got a town result. The following day he all-too-easily was willing to go along with whatever I wanted as a result. I suppose this would have been to gain my confidence, since as scum, Cat5 would have known this already, and on that day with the way things were going, I was very unlikely to go for Shade.
  • Second, he claims to have targeted iLTF last night, which is mightily convenient for someone who's not actually a cop to keep up the charade. And if anybody tracked him, well yes, they would follow him straight to iLTF (who also died, incidentally).
  • Third, he hard claimed cop and nothing happened to him that night.

And then there's the fact he's been "reading" Shade as town this whole game for what I see as not a super good reason. Everybody else has been just going along with this.

In the paraphrased words of Cat5 himself, I'd like to put some pressure on him to see what happens.

##vote Category 5