CYOR - Remastered Edition: Game Over

Message added by TheIrishman,

CVC:

Killing You voted Shade939
Shade939 voted Killing You
Retaliation voted Shade938

There are 3/3 votes cast

For balance, if you're going to give Town multiple power roles, with abilities that'll self clear them and/or investigate players, or protect them from the NK, maybe give Mafia more ways to counteract it...

There's a lot of what ifs where a NK didn't happen just because you'd need to basically roleblock anyone you targeted in game to kill them, and then still have the possibility of iLTS stopping the kill...

39 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

For balance, if you're going to give Town multiple power roles, with abilities that'll self clear them and/or investigate players, or protect them from the NK, maybe give Mafia more ways to counteract it...

There's a lot of what ifs where a NK didn't happen just because you'd need to basically roleblock anyone you targeted in game to kill them, and then still have the possibility of iLTS stopping the kill...

But I didn't. And you still lost. 8)

13 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

You act like the cop report didn't literally tell you who Scum was, and you didn't have a guaranteed to kill them.

Or could literally have every single living player that was left be immune to the NK..

Only Orange and Category 5 had no NK protection.

So why on earth did you not kill Cat5 and coast on the one and only cop report in the game?

9 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

So why on earth did you not kill Cat5 and coast on the one and only cop report in the game?

Even if we targeted him and it worked there's no proof that he was a cop if he died, and any watcher role would catch the kill.

Assuming Category 5 wasn't baiting the NK in the first place.

And we knew he was insane. We didn't know any other scum role would be in game for him to target. Or that he could use his daykill again.

I wish I'd had more of an opportunity to use my abilities, but am overall pretty happy with how it played out. Shade and I were lucky for a while, and then we got unlucky with Cat5's cop choice and made a couple wrong moves on top of that. It's certainly a learning experience to see how people react when you hold certain cards but try to do various things to manipulate the town.

40 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

This was literally the most cooperative I've ever been and you guys just walked in an own goal D2.

This game feels a lot like that game where we were scum together. Town spends the early game with their heads cut off, but pulls through via a combo of power roles and scum losing the plot.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

This game feels a lot like that game where we were scum together. Town spends the early game with their heads cut off, but pulls through via a combo of power roles and scum losing the plot.

Shade's biggest enemy is himself. This is an undeniable fact of the universe.

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

This was literally the most cooperative I've ever been and you guys just walked in an own goal D2.

We were both doing our best to be cooperative and we ended up being the tie vote on D2. I'm still surprised Town managed to recover.

3 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

We were both doing our best to be cooperative and we ended up being the tie vote on D2. I'm still surprised Town managed to recover.

Yeah I mean to be fair, you weren't scum either. I didn't go in hard against you because you didn't react like scum would and it gave me pause, but I knew I wasn't scum (because spoiler: I was town), but eh.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Yeah I mean to be fair, you weren't scum either. I didn't go in hard against you because you didn't react like scum would and it gave me pause, but I knew I wasn't scum (because spoiler: I was town), but eh.

Don't worry Orange, I'm  completely certain no one will vote you up if I try to defend you. :v

8 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

To be fair, Town usually doesn't have any ability reports to go on until day three.

If they're going to recover, that's when it usually happens.

10 hours ago, Killing_You said:

@ FRAYDO  Dave's last name is never said in the series and I didn't submit one, so yes, you could've totally debt noted me. :P

Aha! Well this pleases me. So I had two potential Death Note targets then, whether the claims were to be believed or not. Unfortunately my appearance in this game was but a "Hi and die". :v

8 hours ago, Shade939 said:

At best, we could have had a 50/50 with the day lynch.

I believe you would have won the game if you killed me N2. With ChopBam's pride you would have had complete control of the vote. Game over.

Granted, yes, I made it look like I had night protection. My role claim was counting on the ability for someone to do that (I was actually reading ChopBam to be a watcher and was expecting him to catch my killer. But none of that matters.

What matters is that it was possible for scum to win after one NK and one mislynch.

21 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I believe you would have won the game if you killed me N2. With ChopBam's pride you would have had complete control of the vote. Game over.

Granted, yes, I made it look like I had night protection. My role claim was counting on the ability for someone to do that (I was actually reading ChopBam to be a watcher and was expecting him to catch my killer. But none of that matters.

What matters is that it was possible for scum to win after one NK and one mislynch.

Was there anything preventing iLTS from siding solely with Town?

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

Halloween mafia when?

Probably the October 9th or 16th if people don't mind the erratic phase starts. Although I think I'd move Louis to a player so she can have more fun. I don't think I did the best job in including her in most of the decision making. 

7 hours ago, Shade939 said:

We never even made a role claim. :v

I made a roleclaim. Even though my night action flavor claim was outlandish, I actually described pretty accurately what one of my night actions did (##gluttony). I just didn't mention devouring bodies to you all for... obvious reasons.