Message added by TheIrishman,

CVC:

Killing You voted Shade939
Shade939 voted Killing You
Retaliation voted Shade938

There are 3/3 votes cast

CHOOSE YOUR OWN ROLE - Remastered Edition

INTRO

I haven't seen a game coming up and what better way to come back (permanently this time)? This game will start in August (unless we get enough players earlier).

Items, abilities, whatever you decide we'll try our best to incorporate it and balance as needed. If you find creating a role too hard, don't worry. We'll take whatever idea you give and try to make it fun and interesting while keeping the balance of course. Remember, the character you pick helps define the game!

For those of you who are new to Choose Your Own Role style mafia games, here’s a short explanation: at its core, CYOR is a standard mafia game. Town attempts to eliminate all hostile elements (mafia and third party). Mafia attempts to eliminate players and outnumber the other factions. The third party has specific win conditions based on their role, and the neutral faction is similar; neutral faction players, however, are not considered hostile.

If you sign up for this game, you will send me a PM with your role request. You can customize your role as much as you see fit, and we will do our best to honor your request. Here’s an example of a role request:

Spoiler

Character name: Riot Trooper

Role: Vigilante/Roleblocker OR Vigilante/Bodyguard

Bio:

Where there is chaos, there are also Riot Troopers. Standard training of the police officers was sometimes not enough to handle certain situations, esspecialy during war times. Thats why goverments decided to arm their troops fighting in urban areas with more frag grenades and shotguns, focusing their training on how to fight in towns and cities. After Years before the enemy attacked once more, specially trained soldiers with heavy flak jackets, riot shields, riotguns and flash grenades designed to flush out hostiles from the buildings and streets, were prepared to join the battle if another conflict arises.

Abilities:

1. Vigilante/Bodyguard

- Protect (Night action) - Riot Trooper can use his shield to protect selected target. If target is protected from any killing actions, shield breaks and cannot be used anymore.

- Riot Shield (Passive) - Shield protects Riot Trooper from any kind of killing actions. After defending himself, shield breaks and RT becomes vulnerable to hostile killing actions.

- Shoot (Day action) - Classic shoot option. Would 25% stuck/ 75% hit work? One time use.

2. Vigilante/Roleblocker

- Flashbang (Night action) - Throws a Flashbang at the direction of selected target, which prevents him from making any actions during this night.

- Riot Shield (Passive) - Shield protects Riot Trooper from any kind of killing actions. After defending himself, shield breaks and RT becomes vulnerable to hostile killing actions.

- Shoot (Day Action) - similar to above.

The more information you include in your request, the more accurate your final role will be. Here’s a template to help guide your request, although it’s not necessary to use when sending me your PM:

Spoiler

Character Name:

Bio: (This is presented upon your death)

Day Action(s):

Night Action(s):

Alignment:

Item:

Description:
Action(s) (i.e. ##Use, ##Pass):

Effect (i.e. On ##Use, or On ##Pass):

MECHANICS

This game's going to be chaotic--I'll be more lenient with restricting roles, so bring whatever you want to the table.

GM: TheIrishman

Co - GM: Louis

Signed Players - 8 7 Minimum

Cat5
ChopBam
Jeod
Shade
Killing You
OrangeP47
Retaliation
iLikeToSnipe

Unfurtunately, I'll be mega busy during June as we do our best to wrap filming, so I won't be able to participate.

Do send me the dead doc link, though! I'd love to check in and comment when I get down time!

1 hour ago, Killing_You said:

Unfurtunately, I'll be mega busy during June as we do our best to wrap filming, so I won't be able to participate.

But... who will there be to ##vote Killing_You on day 1?

22 hours ago, Jeod said:

On the flip side, I'm glad everyone seems to be leading more successful lives post-pandemic.

And yet I'm still arguing about economics with Shade in PMs so I don't feel like I'm any more successful in life :v

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

So... should we re-notify some people to see if we get a response now that it's this much later?

TGAA get you in a mafia sort of mood? :D

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

TGAA get you in a mafia sort of mood? :D

Not sure what you're referring to, tbh. But we're down to our last few shooting days and my time is about to free up enough for some Mafia.

27 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Not sure what you're referring to, tbh. But we're down to our last few shooting days and my time is about to free up enough for some Mafia.

The Great Ace Attorney and its sequel got a western release this week.

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

Ahh. Never played an Ace Attorney game, although I'd like to.

I could've sworn you'd played through the original trilogy in the past two years. Maybe that was FRAYDO.

AA is pretty great, even if my disjointed playthrough spanning a decade and out of order means I have the timeline all screwed up, but hey, it's that sort of game.

I can probably be in for Mafia again, though as long as it's not one of the super duper involved ones, and my activity level isn't going to be as insane as it once was.  But holy hell, do I get a lot of PTO at this job and they cap us at 5 days carry over for the year so I have to find something to actually use it on.