SCUD Storm Mode dead?

Dzukel

Ah well, maybe one day once all the main projects (AR/BFD/Reborn) are publicly released, have enough polish on them, and are doing well enough to leave be for a few months, some of the guys might pick up interest of adding Scud Storm to the W3DHub roster. It has potential, and Renegade X Firestorm is kinda doing the same thing that Scud Storm tried doing with base building, so I'm pretty sure eventually someone will come around to work on it. At least we can hope. I'd gladly work on it if I had any experience outside of sound design, and I wasn't in an unemployment/money situation thats been really screwing with me, but I wouldn't even know where to start.

Edited by MPRA2

Hi there. I'm the guy that collects all of the "old things" around here, and I'd actually like to get Scud Storm functional again one day - its on my list! The main issue with this, is that I can not find the most recent release of the game anywhere. If someone could find that, it would go a long way toward a "restoration" of the game, in similar fashion to what we did to APB 1.2 Beta. But without that, or someone having a copy of the game source or something, unfortunately it can't go very far, and might be better if someone simply started again from scratch. I keep hoping that it turns up though. Version 1.6 I believe was the last release.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

WARNING: NECROPOST IN PROGRESS!

@ Einstein

I've done as much digging as I could on the archive.org/waybackmachine relating to Scud Storm. Unfortunately there are very few snapshots of the old BattleForDune.eu and FinalWarriorsProductions websites from the times between 2010 and 2015. From what I've been able to find from poking and prodding around seems like the last "released" version of Scud Storm I could find was version 1.4. Version 1.4 which was a "server patch" on ModDB.

I have a friend who I believe has the more recent version of the game as I clearly remember the last release contained the base building mechanics, superweapons, GLA neutral buildings, and the weird non-vtol prototype aircraft.

As of the site itself, the 2015 snapshot was the last snapshot taken before the site was presumably over-run by Chinese/Russian scam bots and the domain was released.

2015 Snapshot

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7d16a9231d183854b00dd6d536979b31.pngimage.thumb.png.1194fc610c4aa99e0e65d185774a074b.pngimage.thumb.png.6af0ab89e8c3e1ca09e7b255d608ddb6.pngimage.thumb.png.cd4269da52e1f6740af8462c571089dd.pngrip.

2017 Snapshot

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ac8d173c57fd318f2c71b0a59c034f38.png

RIP colors sex.

Going off this information, it would be safe to say (unless anyone on the dev-team back then could remember a 1.6 public release) that 1.4 was the very last public release of Scud Storm. (again unless that was the FDS update, then 1.3 was the last client of Scud Storm)

On another note, I have a friend who "has" a recent copy of the mod so I'll have to check it out and get back to you all on what version he has.

Edited by MPRA2

• 4 months later...

@ MPRA2 My apologies for not seeing this until now. I didn't get a notification for some reason. You've gotten about as far as I have until a possibly newer copy was located by one of our staff recently. I still haven't dug into it properly to see what it is, but at first glance it looks like it might be 1.6 :)