W3D Weekly #7 - 05/08/2021

OWA

Welcome to the 7th edition of W3D weekly! We're a day late, but that's not too bad! :) 

W3D Engine - Scripts 4.7 Update 1

Just in case you didn't see it last week, Scripts 4.7 Update 1 is now out! If you're a Renegade player or a server owner, head on over to the thread below and grab the update!

Upcoming EventsTiberian Sun's 22nd anniversary is coming up and to celebrate it, we've been asked to host a Reborn Game Night! Join us for some Banshee flying and Titan stomping on the the 19th of August at 7PM GMT! Here's a link to some more details!

Red Alert: A Path Beyond

This week, @ ChopBam  is here to show off his new Service Depot repair animation, based completely on the Service Depot animation that takes place in Red Alert. Those who are extra observant may also notice a change to the cost of repairs. With some things still in the works that are related to this, however, a proper announcement for that feature may come in a future weekly.

2021-08-03-18-31-50.gif

Red Alert 2: Apocalypse Rising

Over in AR land, @ moonsense715  has been hard at work lengthening our existing toolkit of modular road tiles. This will offer us more flexibility when creating city maps. Check it out below!

image.thumb.png.cfc99bbbe40b4e7af058e077685d574d.png

In other news @ Romanov  has been working on models for both Tanya and the Soviet union's prime matriarch, Mama Romanov!

Tanya is still a work-in-progress currently, but Mama Romanov is ready to dish out the bowls in the canteen to keep the Soviet war machine well fed (but not too fed!)

image.thumb.png.5a89fa2a5a75d8da8b98e2fafeb14294.pngimage.thumb.png.0eeffcda289fdcbe3d9dac64b97a2ae5.png

Now then, be a good Conscript otherwise there's no borscht for you!

That's it for this week!Tune in next time for some more excellent W3D content!

Spoiler

[blurb]Welcome to the 7th edition of W3D weekly! We're a day late, but that's not too bad![/blurb]

So with that repair animation for the SD, will there be made a similar animation for helipads and refill pads? Seems like a nice visual indication that it actually works (which if arguably even more important for refilling), specailly also since it would give new players that may not be 100% familiar with max ammo count an indication that they are full now. And the helipad did have such animation in RA... refill pads... well didn't exist, but I am sure you can come up with something fitting there too ;) 

4 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Refill animation has already been on the helipads and refill pads for 5-6 years. ;) 

WHOOPS, That it is indeed xD, geuss I must have seen it so much I just block it out, and don't notice it normally or something xD

6 hours ago, moonsense715 said:

Back in 9935, everyone hated it because it Iron Curtained any vehicle sitting on it for free. History is going to repeat itself if it goes back in like that with no restrictions when under fire.

Refills are disabled if damaged recently, maybe the same could apply to repairs? Or maybe reduce the rate of repairs while under attack. Or set the tank's ammo to 0 while being repaired so there's incentive to get off the repair pad.

btw I hope repairing ships will also be free.

On 8/6/2021 at 2:56 PM, 1000MammothTanks said:

Or set the tank's ammo to 0 while being repaired so there's incentive to get off the repair pad.

That is an interesting thought. I'm not sure how it would play out, but a neat concept anyway. Thanks for sharing that.

Taking away the vehicle's ability to fire and repair when damaged when on the service depot would really change how rounds play out. I've seen it where a team was able to successfully defend against a rush because a vehicle on the service depot was able to repair and fire at the same time, with that team then proceeding to quickly gather and rush in return. If changing that would be a good thing I just don't know.