Renegade Server List app using W3D Hub's game server list API

Amusingly I was experimenting with building something similar in Flutter, mainly as an exercise in learning how Flutter works.

Are you subscribing to the push notifications or just polling for changes?

I have no objections to you releasing it - the GSH API was always intended to be public after all. Just be aware that I may change some of the APIs in future to handle some planned new features.

Thanks @ Einstein !

@ danpaul88

On 12/3/2021 at 12:11 PM, danpaul88 said:

Amusingly I was experimenting with building something similar in Flutter, mainly as an exercise in learning how Flutter works.

My code's on GitHub if you want to peruse it; Also there is a build of the app if you or anyone want to try it out.

Are you subscribing to the push notifications or just polling for changes?

I'm currently polling; Using push notifications would require, first knowing how it works and what information it can provide, and secondly a bit of refactor in the app.

I have no objections to you releasing it - the GSH API was always intended to be public after all. Just be aware that I may change some of the APIs in future to handle some planned new features.

Seems reasonable :)

The push notifications use SignalR, and they provide all the information about a server each time that information changes. You can subscribe to detailed information about specific servers (i.e. the player list) or just the headline features like player count, map, etc.

The launcher subscribes to the headline info for all servers and the detailed information for just the specific server you've got selected to keep the network usage down.

Screenshot_20211214-204318.thumb.png.8d1c8916880dade35b26600143a58ea2.pngScreenshot_20211214-204330.thumb.png.06a67414a27b287edc4d2d495c534b7b.png

@ FRAYDO If all goes well the app will be available here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dev.cyberarm.renegade_server_list after Google reviews the app.

@ danpaul88 If you can provide me with documentation on the endpoints and what data needs to be sent to un/subscibe, get full statuses, etc. I'll look into making the app a bit smarter. 😀

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2021 at 8:31 AM, cyberarm said:

@ FRAYDO The app has been approved and is now available on the play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dev.cyberarm.renegade_server_list

This is great news! We'll help spread the word on our socials! Thank you for this awesome piece, the community will love this