A Path Beyond fails to launch from launcher

Goliath35
Go to solution Solved by Goliath35,

Everytime I go to launch APB from the launcher, the screen goes blank and then it goes back to the desktop itself. 
There's no error, or any error related files for me to check out. 

Everything is running as administrator. I did click and repair the games installation, but to no avail..

4 hours ago, Goliath35 said:

Everytime I go to launch APB from the launcher, the screen goes blank and then it goes back to the desktop itself. 
There's no error, or any error related files for me to check out. 

Everything is running as administrator. I did click and repair the games installation, but to no avail..

Do you have an antivirus running on your machine? If so, try disabling it and running APB again.

9 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Do you have an antivirus running on your machine? If so, try disabling it and running APB again.

I've disabled my AV, even made exceptions for everything related to w3dhub. 

I can run Reborn or IA just fine, it's APB that wants to be awkward lol 

2 hours ago, Goliath35 said:

I've disabled my AV, even made exceptions for everything related to w3dhub. 

I can run Reborn or IA just fine, it's APB that wants to be awkward lol 

Which antivirus is it? Reborn and IA don't use scripts 5.0, which is hated by a few select antivirus programs.

10 hours ago, Goliath35 said:

Avast

Yeah Avast notoriously doesn't like the game and has given other people the same problem you describe (black screen + fail instead of starting). Search "Avast" in our Discord tech support channel and you will see.

If disabling isn't doing what you want, can you try adding game.exe in APB's install directory to Avast's whitelist?

• Solution
On 12/25/2021 at 5:38 AM, ChopBam said:

Yeah Avast notoriously doesn't like the game and has given other people the same problem you describe (black screen + fail instead of starting). Search "Avast" in our Discord tech support channel and you will see.

If disabling isn't doing what you want, can you try adding game.exe in APB's install directory to Avast's whitelist?

Well the game seems to launch now. 
I've just placed the entire w3d folder to the exceptions list. 

Now I can enjoy the 105mm L7A1/M68A1 gun :haw: