footage of early renegade alpha (1999)

wolf

now this footage i have not seen, and from the looks of it, i think explosion debris would have been a bigger thing, and if you go onto YouTube and put it on the miniplayer mode which downscales the image. you will be able to see it a bit more clearly and from the looks of things, the quality of the textures seems far more defined, this build could've been the latest build before they decided to do a complete overhaul on graphics optimization. Maybe they were looking into putting this game onto a console? i mean Afterall the verry first build was on a play station 

Keep 'em coming! 

Real talk, I think EA (or whoever needs owns the intellectual properties and rights) should release these early builds with the next remaster release of Command & Conquer because I really can't believe that Renegade went through so many development changes.  

On 3/20/2022 at 5:46 PM, Goliath35 said:

Keep 'em coming! 

Real talk, I think EA (or whoever needs owns the intellectual properties and rights) should release these early builds with the next remaster release of Command & Conquer because I really can't believe that Renegade went through so many development changes.  

youd'd be surprised, this game went from what seemed like a more linear experince to something streamlined and with something that performed better overall at the time eventhough it took them longer, not even including the fact they wanted to put renegade on a console which is something that was pretty much a dream for them since the verry first build which could be equated to something of a mod 

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Renegade was suppose to be "C&C but in FPS." which shows how closely the vehicles and weapons followed their TD counterparts. I just wish they kept that direction instead of the weird arcade departure it went into. The big issue is Renegade just kept getting re-restarted in development which kept pushing it back and released in a messy way. 

Also there is a reddit post of one of the developers who said the Multiplayer's C&C mode was a last minute decision for them to implement. Which I'm glad they did since it managed to save the game from fizzling out quickly after the average reviews it got. Imagine Renegade with only Deathmatch or its list of dropped game modes it had referenced in always.dat. :p

reddit.thumb.png.aa5f97154d6adca394e1845e8e6b3e07.png

Edited by Chad1233