Failed to connect to backend

Macplayz
Go to solution Solved by Macplayz,

(i dont think im even posting this in the right area)

But anyways 

Hello. ive been trying to come back to w3d hub for a while.. but it only says "Failed to connect  to the backend" i saw this was reported many times so i tried everything that was said to fix it but nothing worked This included firewall game version TLS hosts regedit im running a Windows 7 Service Pack 2 64 bit PC 

anyways now im going to wait for answers if you answer thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 10:29 AM, Macplayz said:

(i dont think im even posting this in the right area)

But anyways 

Hello. ive been trying to come back to w3d hub for a while.. but it only says "Failed to connect  to the backend" i saw this was reported many times so i tried everything that was said to fix it but nothing worked This included firewall game version TLS hosts regedit im running a Windows 7 Service Pack 2 64 bit PC 

anyways now im going to wait for answers if you answer thanks.

There is no such thing as Windows 7 SP2, officially anyway.

Please list your system specs, and do look again to see what version you actually have. If it actually says Win 7 SP2, then your windows installation has been modified in some unofficial way, and thus we can not support it because it will be impossible for us to determine exactly what you have.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry for an very late response but i misstyped service pack, its a service pack 1 windows 7
system specs:
8 GB of ram
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad Cpu Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz(i literally typed this from a the device manager because i forgot  its name)
ASUS EAH6670 Series graphics card  i think thats all thats needed if anything else is please type me

(yes i know i have a bad computer but it somehow still runs most modern games at good graphics)

4 hours ago, Macplayz said:

sorry for an very late response but i misstyped service pack, its a service pack 1 windows 7
system specs:
8 GB of ram
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad Cpu Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz(i literally typed this from a the device manager because i forgot  its name)
ASUS EAH6670 Series graphics card  i think thats all thats needed if anything else is please type me

(yes i know i have a bad computer but it somehow still runs most modern games at good graphics)

I see. A respectable machine when it was new for sure, but definitely showing its age by now. It should be able to run IA and other 4.x engine games on high-ish settings if we can get the other issues figured out. APB and other 5.x games will definitely make that hardware chug, fair warning. You might also look into putting some fresh thermal compound on your CPU if you plan to stick with this hardware. That is a super hot chip, and your thermal paste is surely dry by now. Don't want to burn it up!

As for the issue at hand, if you've tried everything thats posted to try, then I'm not sure. You might post your launcher log file and see if that gives us any more of a clue as to what the issue is. But my recommendation would be to upgrade to Windows 10. Its still free to upgrade, and it will support your hardware, barely. I would make a backup first just in case though.

You might also try the following command at an administrator command prompt:

sfc /scannow

The built-in "system file checker" scans many of the core windows files for corruption, and then replaces them with new copies if any bad ones are found. In the right situation, its very useful. Whether or not it will help here...don't know. It certainly can't hurt.

i think ive figured it out myself, i was unsure if i did the TLS at the time i was writing that but i may have not and the log says it failed to connect to the SSL/TLS but if its not that tell me, imma go try the TLS 1.2 enabling right now to make sure i did iterrors.log

3 hours ago, Macplayz said:

i think ive figured it out myself, i was unsure if i did the TLS at the time i was writing that but i may have not and the log says it failed to connect to the SSL/TLS but if its not that tell me, imma go try the TLS 1.2 enabling right now to make sure i did iterrors.log

Ahh. That is probably it then. Let us know what happens.

• 6 months later...

@ Macplayz Hello again!

Be sure that you have gotten all the windows updates that are available. There is an update or two after SP1 that are required for the TLS connection to work properly. I don't remember which update(s) in particular, but I can find out if installing everything available doesn't solve the issue. We recently had an issue where some updates were being blocked for another player, and we had to find a way around which ended up working.

• 2 weeks later...

I do have an idea for an alternative way, though its very stupid but the idea is for somebody to just send me the interm apex game (the only one ive ever played and the only reason i had w3d hub) but its a big time waste since every update i'd need them to send it again

Edited by Macplayz

• 1 month later...