[GAME OVER- ATREIDES VICTORY] Battle for Dune Mafia 1

Killing_You
Message added by Jeod,

INTRODUCTION

2mgKrHs.png

Welcome, Mafiosos! It's been quite a while, hasn't it?

Dune has been on a bit of a hot streak lately. The new movie came out late last year, Spice Wars is coming out soon, and our very own project, Battle for Dune: War of Assassins, is set to release this season! So to celebrate, I figured, why not throw a game of Mafia in there?

AtrLogoNoBG.png THE GAME HrkLogoNoBG.png

The game will take place in the capital city of Arrakeen, which is currently occupied by the noble House Atreides. Rather than a direct assault, the sinister House Harkonnen have sent in a small team of agents. Their goal is to tear the security forces apart from the inside, picking them off bit by bit until they are weakened enough for a direct takeover. 

During the Day Phase, players will attempt to deduce who among them is a Harkonnen spy. Voting will be the only action here, and will be the only way for House Atreides to eliminate their foes. Persuasion (and deception) are key. Unlike previous games I've hosted, there will be no early hammer. This is subject to change in the future.

As soon as the game hits the Night Phase, the real work begins. House Harkonnen will attempt to kill an enemy player, while House Atreides will seek to either gather extra information or prevent the kill altogether. Not everyone will have access to abilities, however.

Previous Mafia games have also featured Items. They will make a return in this game, but with a twist. Rather than having a seperate action, they will provide passives when activated. All items can be activated alongside an action, but will expire after a single use. They will also be available to pass around.

Sign-ups will close Friday, May 6th. The game will then begin at usual hammer time on Saturday, May 7th. However, the game is subject to small delays if more players are needed.

SIGN-UPS- 8

1. Jeod
  2. Category 5 Hurricane
  3. Shade939
  4. FRAYDO
  5. ChopBam
  6. Retaliation
  7. Louis
  8. TheIrishman

BOOKMARKSDAY ONE

NIGHT ONE

DAY TWO

NIGHT TWO

DAY THREE

NIGHT THREE

DAY FOUR

GAME END

I'll join.

7 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

A mafia game I don't have to design my own role for? I didn't know we could do that around here.

I have no knowledge of the flavor, but that won't stop me.

The flavor is pretty basic. You have an intergalactic human empire, ruled by an emperor and various noble houses beneath him. You have a guild of navigators that creates specially altered humans that can quickly travel through the galaxy by entering "alternate space" and navigating it using a drug called spice that's only produced on the desert planet Arrakis that is the setting for the book Dune. On the technology note, personal shield generators are highly effective, so infantry combat uses melee weapons or dart throwers that can move slowly enough that they can bypass the shield's defensive settings. There's also other specially altered humans called the bene gesserit, which are basically psychic witches, with a very notable ability to control other people by using what's called "the voice". And I'll make a quick reference to assassin drones about the size of a bee being a thing, and possibly cloning technology.

On 4/25/2022 at 2:23 PM, Killing_You said:

If you want an in-depth guide to the flavor, @ TeamWolf is the man to talk to.

Luckily, though, I've designed this game to be friendly to newcomers. You won't really need to know it intimately to understand everything going on.

@ TeamWolf should play the game so I can kill him at the first opportunity. <3

While I'd love to... and I'm actually checking the forums more regularly now again... I actually signed up for a pretty big time commitment that'll keep me busy probably through the end of summer (and that's not even counting the fact that starting next week I start a new role at work I accidentally promoted into).

You see... almost immediately after I left being a tester here... I became a tester for an actual video game (still unpaid though :v).  Completely different genre, political sim (but hey, I have a masters in polisci, so it's right up my alley).  The game is being programmed and it's just one guy so that's slow going, but the rules are more or less complete so we're doing playtests basically in tabletop form to work out any bugs before we actually get to early release.

If anyone wants to check it out (though the kickstarter is over):  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/966309371/a-more-perfect-union-0/description

14 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

While I'd love to... and I'm actually checking the forums more regularly now again... I actually signed up for a pretty big time commitment that'll keep me busy probably through the end of summer (and that's not even counting the fact that starting next week I start a new role at work I accidentally promoted into).

You see... almost immediately after I left being a tester here... I became a tester for an actual video game (still unpaid though :v).  Completely different genre, political sim (but hey, I have a masters in polisci, so it's right up my alley).  The game is being programmed and it's just one guy so that's slow going, but the rules are more or less complete so we're doing playtests basically in tabletop form to work out any bugs before we actually get to early release.

If anyone wants to check it out (though the kickstarter is over):  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/966309371/a-more-perfect-union-0/description

Ah. We'll miss you here, but congrats and good luck with all of that!

52 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I'm interested, but not sure if I'll have the time. Life is very busy in a good way, and I'll be going on vacation soon. Possibly somewhere without internet. Maybe next time. 

I moved from the city to a very rural farm area and @ OrangeP47  is my neighbor (not really). I'm surviving on a MiFi 8800L with unlimited data for home internet. It's all about dedication to the lifestyle.

21 hours ago, Jeod said:

I moved from the city to a very rural farm area and @ OrangeP47  is my neighbor (not really). I'm surviving on a MiFi 8800L with unlimited data for home internet. It's all about dedication to the lifestyle.

A few better internet options have actually moved in recently but I'd have to pay up quite a bit.  I'm notoriously cheap... still might do it though.

On 4/28/2022 at 7:19 PM, Jeod said:

Still in the suburbs, but with 1 Gbps fiber now. Need to get Starlink for when I go on the road lol

So unless anyone voices their opposition, I think I'm going to close sign-ups an hour early and start the game tomorrow at usual Hammer time.  You guys have until then to let me know if you'd rather wait for Saturday.

DAY ONE

W2MN1VQ.jpg

The sun rises on the city of Arrakeen. Currently occupied by House Atreides, they expect another day of spice production for their efforts. Unfortunately, a grim discovery is soon made.

TeamWolf, as Duke Rogal Atreides, has been murdered in his sleep!

This can only be the work of the sinister House Harkonnen! By order of his son, the ducal heir Achillus Atreides, you must find and eliminate the Harkonnen agents!

Day 1 ends in 48 hours.

Look guys, I think we might be in serious trouble here.

Scum not only managed to find the Duke, but they also killed him before D1!

Cleary, this could only be the work of some sort of master scum team.